KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Professor Nyx's Transfiguration Class

Professor Nyx's Transfiguration Class
Started by: ~Air Angel~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Warning Professor Nyx's Transfiguration Class

What is Transfiguration?

Transfiguration is magic which changes one object into another. It is possible to change inanimate objects into animate ones and vice versa. Some Transfiguration spells alter a part of something, such as changing a person's ears from normal into rabbit ears.

THIS IS FOR THE HP RPG PLAYERS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! big grin
IF YOU WANT TO GET SORTED SO YOU CAN PLAY GO TO THE SORTING HAT THREAD HERE: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t15509.html
(ALSO BE SURE TO CREATE YOU CHARACTER IN THE CHARACTER THREAD IN THAT SAME FORUM!! big grin)

ASSIGNMENT: 3rd and 4th year students I expect you all to do some research on vanishing spells. I need 4 lines of parchment from you all.

First Year and 2nd year Students please prepare 4 lines of parchment on switching spells.

5th and 6th year students I need 6 lines of parchment from you on conjuring spells please.

7th year students I need 6 lines or parchment on animagi's.

BE SURE TO PUT YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME SO POINTS CAN BE AWARDED! big grin

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 02:18 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Okay, how are we gunan do this?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 10:19 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

Conjuring spells: Conjuring spell alow you to make an object apear out of no where or change an object into something else. It takes great concentration to use this spell. Should only be used by higher levels, NEwt level.
K well no site gives enough info..so that it...

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:12 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiger Eyes
MeoW?

LI dumbledore (gryffindor)

" I'm one mean kitty!"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:12 AM
Tiger Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Tiger Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Tiger Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

"Good Li!" "3 Pts for Gryffindor." Professor Nyx tells her.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:16 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Vanishing Spells:
The Vanishing Spell is usually "Evanesco". It makes things, animals and so on disappear.
Possible accidents are that a half thing disappears and the rest stays.
It is quite evident, then, that anything Vanished does not cease to exist. Certainly, something vanished moves to a storage location.
The "Evanesco" spell apparently doesn't need an object word (you don't have to say "Evanesco Potion," for example). The intent of the caster provides the needed focus on a particular object.
Joshua Granger, Gryffindor, 3rd class.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:29 AM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

The spell "evanesco" is used to make things or persons disappear..
Neville Longbottom let a leg of McGonagall desk dissapear in an accident.
I don't actually know how to reappear things or persons.. but there is a way.. but I can't find it.

Virginia LePour, fourth class, gryffindor.. (I know it isn't much but I really couldn't find more embarrasment )

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:23 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Daeri & Eezy good answers! 3 pts to each of you for your house. Eezy: 2 extra pts for in depth knowledge.

So 8 more pts for GRYFFINDOR! big grin *goes to add in pts*

{I will give another homework assignment in a few days..I am going to let everyone catch up..K? well i am goin back to work. PM me for quezzies!}

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:59 PM
daeri

thanks.. smile

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:01 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Thank you, Professor.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 02:57 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

{Kiara, Slytherin, 6th Year
with the help of conjurings spells wizards can let things appear from nowhere. they can change an object into another object, too. It's a higher level of magic, you have to concentrate hard and do the exact spell. it`'s NEWT level, and so really high and only talented wizards are good enough to do it.
the most things which were conjured out of the air disappears after a couple of hours.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:13 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Switching Spells.
Switching spells are used to swap one thing for another, not much use when in danger, unless you are fighting a theety something you could swap it's teets for something less dangerous, but usefull if you want something you can switch it with this spell.

PS: sorry i couldn't make it 4 lines but it was all i could think of about this spell hope you don't mind wink .

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:25 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Conjouring is charms, aint it?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 08:04 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Laura Weasly
Ravenclaw
1st year
Switching Spells
*Switching spells are used to swap one thing for another. The incantation depends on what it is you’re switching. Switching spells are O.W.L. standard and require a lot of concentration to perform. Switching spells can be very useful though, when done correctly. They can change anything into anything else, which helps you get what you need quickly.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:07 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

(chris WEasley, slytherin, 5th year)
chris walked to the front of the classroom and handed in his homework. he didn't like transfiguration very much, and found it a waste of time, so he hadn't exactly tried on the homework. It wasn't 6 lines, but he didn't care. his grades were'nt that important, as long as he did well on his exams.

*Conjuring spells are very advanced magic, and are N.E.W.T. standard. A conjuring spell is a spell that creates objects out of thin air. The ministry of magic, however has limits on what you can or can’t conjure. While, it can be useful to conjure things you need, The items conjured only last for several hours. It is not a permenent thing.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 10:09 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

It seems like most his parchment were curling or curled at the ends since had stored them in scroll cases. Unlike his other paper, his writing here seem to be rather light than the others, perhaps he was running out of ink...or mistakenly -switched his ink for a magical one

Switching Spells

Switching spells is what its name is, spells used to switch one object for another. Perhaps this could be considered a type of conjuring spell, but it does not deal with creating objects out of thin air. The differences in spells could be what type of things are switched, and the difficulty of what is to be switched (distance, visuals, etc.). Conjuration seems to be more popular than this in most cases since its easier making an item than acquiring it from somewhere else, though it would be useful for getting rare items.

Ocean Oliver, Ravenclaw
PS Sorry for the ink, I'm not sure what happened, I know I didn't get the parchment wet.

Last edited by Aesma on Jan 8th, 2004 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 01:40 AM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Red Drake: Please state your house so you may be awarded pts.

Professor Nyx walks over to Chris and Laura Weasley, "Good job Weasley's you both have been awarded 4 pts, it will be added to each of your houses."

Professor Nyx sternly looked over at Ocean and walked briskly over to him. "Ocean, you have answered very correctly, however you ink is a bit of a problem. Perhaps next time you will use the proper ink." she said to him.

"Oh, you have been awarded 4pts for a correct answer, however I am afraid I will be taking 1pt away from you for the missuse of magical ink on homework assigments. I urge you to take this class more seriously!"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 09:36 AM
Noxi
Aqualibrium

Conjuring spells are advanced magic, ther are NEWT level at Hogwarts, taught in sixth and seventh years.There is legislation about what you can conjure and what you cant.Most things conjured out of thin air will disappear after a couple hours.Some exceptions to this are the sleeping bags, which survived a lot longer than just a couple of hours.The basic form of Vanishing is the Vanishing Spell. Taught in fith year Transfiguration, this spell is usually cast using the spell word "Evanesco,"which is Latin for "vanish"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 03:22 PM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red_Drake
Dragon lord

Ops yeah sorry my mistake

Drake Faydark, Ravenclaw

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 04:05 PM
Red_Drake is currently offline Click here to Send Red_Drake a Private Message Find more posts by Red_Drake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

whats bout my text, isnt it good enough?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 05:24 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote