KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Rowling and Dr Who?

Rowling and Dr Who?
Started by: RebelPhoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Rowling and Dr Who?

quote:
J.K. Rowling Turns Down 'Dr. Who'

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has rejected the chance to write an episode of the new Dr. Who sci-fi TV series - because she's too busy penning the boy wizard's next adventure. Bosses at the BBC wanted the novelist to turn her hand to TV writing for the upcoming comeback of the cult British show - which will star Gone In 60 Seconds actor Christopher Ecclestone as the time-traveling protagonist. But Rowling is still writing the sixth Harry Potter novel, which is due for release next Summer. Dr. Who writer Russell T. Davies says, "I asked J.K. Rowling if she would like to write an episode for the new series. But she told me she was amused by the suggestion but simply doesn't have the time. It was slightly disappointing to say the least." The new 13-part series, costing $1.8 million an episode, will air in the UK from next year. Dr. Who was first screened in Britain in 1963, but was cancelled 15 years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#celeb6

Wow, what an interesting thought - Rowling writing Dr Who, I see why they asked her because I think she could do it but anyways I respect her decision and I can't wait for the next book! big grin

Old Post May 5th, 2004 04:34 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm... I cannot see where the idea for her to do it came from; most the writers they asked are established fans, I am not sure if I ever heard that about her. Not that this means it was a bad idea, just it seems out of sync.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 5th, 2004 05:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Didn't she mention Dr Who in the Jeremy Paxman interview she did? Either way though, she could be or have been a fan, she was around at the right time for the craze.

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post May 5th, 2004 06:21 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote