KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Alfonso revealed :Hogwarts graveyard!!!!!!!

Alfonso revealed :Hogwarts graveyard!!!!!!!
Started by: megajoint

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
megajoint
pitchblackhorse

Tongue Alfonso revealed :Hogwarts graveyard!!!!!!!

Read{:
The amazing thing with JK as a collaborator is she doesn't stop you doing anything. The way she approaches it has nothing to do with 'I like' or 'I dislike' it's 'this makes sense' or 'it doesn't make sense in this universe.'

I give you an example: There's a scene where Malfoy wants to see Buckbeak being executed. It's where Hermione punches him. And there's a sundial. We thought we need something there. I said 'Let's put a graveyard there'.

Afonso at the world premiere

She says: 'No, you can't have a graveyard there'. And I'm like, 'Why?' She says: 'Oh because the graveyard is near this other wing of the castle and it's going to play an important part in number six because such and such and such.'

So then you say 'What about a sundial?' She says: 'That makes perfect sense because when the castle was built it was on an ancient Celtic site.' Bap bap bap!

You have to be humble and respect it! She has full control of that universe and you don't want to contradict that.

Lizo: So wow, there's a graveyard at Hogwarts that plays a crucial part in book six!

Alfonso: Six or seven. She said 'later on' - I don't have the specifics.

full article
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/t...000/3758101.stm

WOWWWWWWWWWWW YAYYYYYY GRAVEYARD!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

the strongest wizard!^-^

Old Post May 29th, 2004 11:11 PM
megajoint is currently offline Click here to Send megajoint a Private Message Find more posts by megajoint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

OMG, Who was buried there??
The bodies of the hogwarts ghosts, maybe.... like nearly headless Nick, and all of them... or maybe the Founders... wow, I dont know... so many dead people we know in the books...

Old Post May 29th, 2004 11:21 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

dude! excellent findings megajoint!

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 30th, 2004 02:49 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

Harry's parents are buried there-- James & Lily Potter.

I've heard of this one before, there have been earlier hints about it in many theory discussions. This just seems like a "near" confirmation of the theory.

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Old Post May 30th, 2004 12:05 PM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

never thought id see the day

*dances up and down* Mrs. Rowling is morbid

happy we get sum dead bodys rock

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 30th, 2004 02:51 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

major kudos ur way megajoint.. v v nice stick out tongue

http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63016104

Old Post May 30th, 2004 03:10 PM
CherryWings is currently offline Click here to Send CherryWings a Private Message Find more posts by CherryWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

What theory does this graveyard confirm?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 01:43 AM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

yeh. read this a couple of days ago. not surprising, really.

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post May 31st, 2004 08:46 AM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

um, hate to burst the bubble and all, but think about it, she said "later on" and since we're only on film 3, there are still 4&5 to go, in which the 4th contains a very crucial scene in a graveyard! that scene is "later" than the 3rd film. You could say the films are completely seperate from the books, at least, thats the way you have to look at it when the producers and directors are talking about these things. They have nothing to do with eachother as far as the production's concerned

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Last edited by IBTonks on May 31st, 2004 at 03:11 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2004 03:08 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

1) the graveyard in the 4th book is in a different place.
2) she's talking about another graveyard that is at hogwarts.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 31st, 2004 03:57 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

Its a confirmation of the theories about what JKR said-- that Harry will find his parents' grave in book 6.

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Old Post May 31st, 2004 04:03 PM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
firebolt14

wow that sounds reely kool, but y did nt dumbledore tel him earlier were his parents graves are?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 04:38 PM
firebolt14 is currently offline Click here to Send firebolt14 a Private Message Find more posts by firebolt14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

well, he never asked stick out tongue

Dumbledore doesnt tell him a lot of things, he's always holding back info from Harry... he reveals only when he feels Harry is ready for it.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:13 PM
IBTonks

quote:
Originally posted by celestial_moon
1) the graveyard in the 4th book is in a different place.
2) she's talking about another graveyard that is at hogwarts.

oopsie embarrasment my bad!! soz!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post May 31st, 2004 05:29 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

soky...i was kinda confused there. lol. anyways, then harry would b reaaaaaaly mad at DD 4 that.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 31st, 2004 06:53 PM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

oh, my goodness having a grave yard at hogwarts.....holy sh!t......I can only imagine the sh!t thats gonna happen, oh boy this can not be good! I mean imagine who is buried there and why?.....

Old Post May 31st, 2004 07:14 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lianslo
chasing the music

wow, thats a really interesting find! Makes me even more excited for the text book! smile

Old Post May 31st, 2004 07:33 PM
Lianslo is currently offline Click here to Send Lianslo a Private Message Find more posts by Lianslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lianslo
chasing the music

^lol...next book^

Old Post May 31st, 2004 07:34 PM
Lianslo is currently offline Click here to Send Lianslo a Private Message Find more posts by Lianslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megajoint
pitchblackhorse

*chop my nails* I just can't wait for book 6 and to know that we will "see" a graveyard... I love graveyards -ghost ,tombs,vempiers skeletons and more
the books get darker from now on....I'm happy!

the strongest wizard!^-^

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:08 AM
megajoint is currently offline Click here to Send megajoint a Private Message Find more posts by megajoint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

BUMPING! GREAT FINDING! big grin

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 04:41 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote