KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Hand Of Glory

Hand Of Glory
Started by: Superseeker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superseeker

Hand Of Glory

IN a interview jk said that something that played a very small part in the CoS will play a huge part in the 6 th book. WHat do you think it is. I think it is the Hand of Glory. The hand of Glory was in diagon alley in the store that harry aciednetly floo powdered to. It really didnt have to be in the moviie or the book so i wonder why they had it. Give me your thoughts

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 05:07 PM
Superseeker is currently offline Click here to Send Superseeker a Private Message Find more posts by Superseeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Hands of glory is a guild in Buldur's gate to lol

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 06:13 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

Good point. They only keep the things important for the following books in the movies. So if the Hand of Glory was in the 2nd movie, and it wasn't really necessary to have it there, then what's the use of it?

Or maybe, the Hand of Glory is just there to give the first time audiences a clue that Harry wasn't in Diagon Alley. (That he was in a dodgy place.) Because it was the first time they introduced Knockturn Alley.

I believe we'll read more about Knockturn Alley in the 6th book however.

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 06:16 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

i'm glad some1 agrees with me. i thought about the hand of glory 2 a while ago. y else would it b in the second book? i agree with shanie623. we'll also might learn more about knockturn alley.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 07:40 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

that place was ruddy creepy

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 07:43 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orient_celts
Dune House Atreides

So, that was the name of the hand on the shelf... I don't have my own copy of book 2 yet which I'll be getting soon. smile

quote:
Originally posted by shanie623

Or maybe, the Hand of Glory is just there to give the first time audiences a clue that Harry wasn't in Diagon Alley. (That he was in a dodgy place.) Because it was the first time they introduced Knockturn Alley.

I believe we'll read more about Knockturn Alley in the 6th book however.[/color] [/B]

<a href="http://moonlight-united.com">moonlight-united.com</a>

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 12:32 AM
orient_celts is currently offline Click here to Send orient_celts a Private Message Find more posts by orient_celts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

you'd think that knockturn being the dodgy place it is, that Dung fletcher or something would be on the lookout for deatheaters? i mean its a pretty prominent place isnt it? i also wanted to know what that damn vile contained that mr malfoy gave that shopkeeper...they didnt tell you what it was!!!

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 12:36 AM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I think this definitely could be the small thing that JK mentioned. I think there is a thread though about this topic..not the hand of glory...but the something small....can't remembe.r....*goes to find*

~AA~

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 10:38 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

yes but if it is in the books wat role would it play ???

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 02:48 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote