KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Maybe this?

Maybe this?
Started by: The Inkeeper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Inkeeper

Maybe this?

Well, we all know that, on that one night when james and lily died,

lily was with harry, and james defended the door

ergo- james died first, then lily.

In GoF when the spirits of those voldemort had killed were coming from his wand, james came out before lily, meaning he died after her.

theres a few things i think about this.

maybe james survived the first aveda, like harry did, maybe its justa potter thing, making it possible for neville to be voldys bane.
why would it be a potter thing...well rumours are that harry is a decendant of slytherin, or gryffindor
being a decendant of one of these would prove a 'reasonable' sxplanation.

or maybe harry uses a timeturner, in his seventh year
being old enough, and being the double of his father, maybe witnesses saw harry at the door, harry dies, lily is killed, james discovers them and is killed.

therefore leading to a good reason for harry to die,

it also means voldemort eventually wins

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:16 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

After all, even harry cant tell the difference between himself and his dad from a distance, POA remember, and he has seen his dad in photos and in the mirror of erised.

also the only witnesses would be from a distance, nobdoy is going to want to get too close to voldemort and the death eaters are they

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:29 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

voldy somewhere in PS says he killed james first (thanks exa smile)

Well maybe he thought he had, aftrer all he hasnt SEEN the grown up harry yet, so he wouldnt know any better.

although when james DID actually arrive, how would voldy explain that,

maybe he thought it was a dummy, a close friend using a pollyjuice potion perhaps...just to throw him off the trail

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:31 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowy_Exa
voldy somewhere in PS says he killed james first (thanks exa smile)

The exact quote (I knew it was somewhere in there stick out tongue )

"I killed your father first and he put up a courageous fight... but your mother needn't have died"

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:36 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

freaky, sometimes i think that JK made a mistake but know that she realize that she's gonna come up with some lame excuse...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:41 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

:exa- good detective work love *gives a nice lovely jewel*

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 08:42 PM
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

That is really good detective work! I wonder if it really means something.

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:08 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

i don't think it means anything it would be kewl if it does smile but don't think so tho... roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:13 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Why dont you think os?

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:18 PM
Cepheus

cause do u think that james is alive??? it would change the book waaaaay too much, and it's a bit late for that dont u think?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:29 PM
celestial_moon
celes

actually, if u have a copy of the hardcover 4th book u can c that james comes out then lily. then in the paperback version, lily comes out then james.

-Don't leave us

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:42 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

whats hardcover? messed

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:44 PM
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowy_Exa
:exa- good detective work love *gives a nice lovely jewel*

laughing love thx stick out tongue

But you're the one who did the detective work smile

quote:
Originally posted by celestial_moon
actually, if u have a copy of the hardcover 4th book u can c that james comes out then lily. then in the paperback version, lily comes out then james.

eek!
Hmm, that's interesting... You mean the hardcover that was published first?
'_'
Seems like it was really just a mistake
Does the context also change in the paperbacks?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:49 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heartfire

It was an editing mistake which the first publications of GoF are full of. This was corrected in subsequent versions. Lily really was killed after James, so she should have got the line, "your father's coming, it'll be all right. He wants to see you."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 09:55 PM
heartfire is currently offline Click here to Send heartfire a Private Message Find more posts by heartfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Oh- alright
but i dont have the paperback i have the hardback and still james is out first.

But why would JK make such a huuuuge mistake

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 09:26 AM
dRe4MsRrE4L
~~DREAMING~~

quote:
Originally posted by heartfire
It was an editing mistake which the first publications of GoF are full of. This was corrected in subsequent versions. Lily really was killed after James, so she should have got the line, "your father's coming, it'll be all right. He wants to see you."

I dunno but i read the harcover and the other book and they were the same...

love may not make the world go round
*but it makes the ride worth while.

Last edited by dRe4MsRrE4L on Jun 27th, 2004 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 04:47 PM
dRe4MsRrE4L is currently offline Click here to Send dRe4MsRrE4L a Private Message Find more posts by dRe4MsRrE4L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Welcome back saurons chance at being hailed amazingly amazing

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 04:58 PM
Clovie

it is too strange.

but theoretically you r right. blink

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 05:15 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah but i think that if voldy was looking for two of the most loved wizards
people are gonna protect them

there was the whole spell thing, maybe some old class mates were using a pollyjuice potion....to look like lily and/or james

or maybe thats what voldy thought
he kills harry
he kills lily
he kills james

he thinks there were two james's/ meaning one oculd be using a pollyjuice potion

which could be one of the missing death eaters in book 4 who was actually one of james's friends, after all snape wouldnt be the only spy would he.

Im Back happy

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 05:19 PM
Clovie

yhmm.....
i thought the second missing deatheater was karakoff (sorry, wh have different spelling) i mean that krum's headmister.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 05:49 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote