KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Another Prophecy?

Another Prophecy?
Started by: CherryWings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Shocked Another Prophecy?

I was reading the Philosopher's Stone again, y'know.... like u do.. And I came across a dream of Harry's I didnt pay much attention to before, and I was thinkin that maybe it is something bigger, coz why else would JK have put it in right?

It goes like this :-

Perhaps Harry had eaten a bit too much, because he had a very strange dream. He was wearing Professor Quirrell's turban, which kept talking to him, telling him he must transfer to Slytherin at once, because it was his destiny. Harry told the turban he didn't want to be in Slytherin; it got heavier and heavier; he tried to pull it off but it tightened painfully - and there was Malfoy, laughing at him as he struggled with it - then Malfoy turned into the hook-nosed teacher, Snape, whose laugh became high and cold - there was a burst of green light and Harry woke, sweating and shaking.
He rolled over and fell asleep again, and when he woke next day, he didnt remember the dream at all.

So, wot dya think? prophecy? Im thinkin it could be telling us, or givin us a good idea at least, about what's going to happen, because that particular dream doesnt tie well with the story of the Philosopher's Stone.

confused

http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63016104

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:14 PM
CherryWings is currently offline Click here to Send CherryWings a Private Message Find more posts by CherryWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Well in a way it does....b/c Voldemort got into Harry's dreams at a young age. Before he went to Hogwarts it was probably an attempt to "lure" him into Slytherin......... maybe it would have something to do with the Malfoy's? Draco seemed anxious to be his friend at first if you remember.......................

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:20 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

This is in chapter 7, so he's already at Hogwarts and rejected Draco... (Why i dont know!)

But im thinkin more in the long run, maybe Draco n Snape (and Slytherin, or the Slytherin qualities in Harry) will have a larger part to play in the future.

?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:30 PM
CherryWings is currently offline Click here to Send CherryWings a Private Message Find more posts by CherryWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

This is a possibility, and a theory I've had.......one of many..........but now.....??

I do think that Harry is going to have a skill for legilmacy (sp?) Plus since occulamancy is so hard for him to learn........it might make sense that legillimis(however you spell it) will be the "slytherin/voldemort" skill he will acquire more in depth maybe in book 6

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:39 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Thats interesting, maybe it could be the 'power the dark lord knows not' ? Or what do u think is?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:27 AM
The Alpha
anomaly

I dont think it is a prophecy. Prophecies are told or made to someone.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:44 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fay Lupin
Daughter of dragons

I read somewhere that somebody changes houses in the HBP...I don't think it's true, though, he wouldn't want to, for one thing...but now that you mention the dream...
Anyway, it's just a thought. smile

DMAG love I love Dom and Billy

My Harry Potter fanfictions Please review if you read them! If you don't, I'll know! And I'll hunt you down and force a review out of you!! big grin

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 06:19 PM
Fay Lupin is currently offline Click here to Send Fay Lupin a Private Message Find more posts by Fay Lupin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

well the dream makes it sound like harry doesnt want to do it, but if ur right padfoot then maybe its a ploy and he does change!

And ok maybe prophecy was the wrong word, but u know wot i mean right?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 07:02 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

I read somewhere that somebody changes houses in the HBP...I don't think it's true, though, he wouldn't want to, for one thing...but now that you mention the dream...
Anyway, it's just a thought.

probably wont b harry

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 02:38 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

maybe this new kid Mark Evans...what if it's in year one and he switches from Gryff to slytherin.....? OR Slytherin to Gryff...to get close to Harry??

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 04:52 PM
Fay Lupin
Daughter of dragons

I doubt he's a wizard, because in the chapter 'the hearing' (OotP) Fudge says that there are no other wizards in Harrys area, and Dudley wouldn't go really far away just to bash up a little kid.

Gut I do know what you mean, Cerry! big grin

DMAG love I love Dom and Billy

My Harry Potter fanfictions Please review if you read them! If you don't, I'll know! And I'll hunt you down and force a review out of you!! big grin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 04:58 PM
Fay Lupin is currently offline Click here to Send Fay Lupin a Private Message Find more posts by Fay Lupin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

IF Mark is related to Harry then NO ONE in the wizarding world would tell Harry b/c then everything they have kept from him would come out of the closet.

See my big long theories in (something small in book 2 thread along with the HBP thread)for my explanations

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 05:07 PM
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Okie, and that think about ron being next to die? because of what ronan said...'the innicent are always the first to die...' etc, well the innocent could be the wrongly accused right? Sirius, maybe Hagrid's next?

I have some other questions too.

Why would James have left his cloak in Dumbledore's possession before he died?

Are we going to find out what Dumbledore really sees in the Mirror or Erised?

What IS Snape? Its drivin me crazy, ppl say he's a vampire n ive read loads of arguments for that, but couldnt he be like, the son of a hag or sumit, coz in the first book JK puts loads of emphasis on his hooked-nose, and hags have really ugly hooked noses dont they?

And my last 1, 'From the moment the blood touches your lips...' Is Voldie now cursed? Will he only live 'a half-life' ? Coz he was sharing Quirrell's body right? So would the blood have the same effect on him?

Lol, in case u hadnt noticed ive been nitpickin the first book. Hehe eek!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 06:53 PM
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Help me out here guys!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 06:55 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

but they wouldnt tell us if there was any more wizards in the area cuz they would of had to go into more detail bout it and steer of its orignal plot then back gain some how make two books become 1

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 07:32 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el-pirate
pissed

and if mark is very young, having muggle parents, then he wouldn't know he was a wizard, and maybe the ministery wouldn't either... or it just doens't count when you haven't gone to school... (just a thought)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:15 PM
el-pirate is currently offline Click here to Send el-pirate a Private Message Find more posts by el-pirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

well if he is a wizard he will be going to school next year, sense harry said he was 10 in the 5th book

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:27 PM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Thats a good point. Does the ministry register u before u go 2 skool if ur born of muggles?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 08:31 PM
orient_celts
Dune House Atreides

But according to the Mark Evan's thread, he has no importance to the whole grand scheme of things. He just happened to have Lily's maiden name.

quote:
Originally posted by el-pirate
and if mark is very young, having muggle parents, then he wouldn't know he was a wizard, and maybe the ministery wouldn't either... or it just doens't count when you haven't gone to school... (just a thought)

<a href="http://moonlight-united.com">moonlight-united.com</a>

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 06:40 AM
orient_celts is currently offline Click here to Send orient_celts a Private Message Find more posts by orient_celts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

Yeh that upset me v much, so it doesnt really matter does it sad

Old Post Jul 13th, 2004 05:44 PM