KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Debate 1: Who do you want Harry to get with?

Who do you want Harry to get with?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Luna 13 12.87%
Hermione 41 40.59%
Ginny 18 17.82%
Cho 8 7.92%
Other (please specify) 21 20.79%
Total: 101 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Debate 1: Who do you want Harry to get with?
Started by: RoguePw25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Debate 1: Who do you want Harry to get with?

Please understand that these rules are NOT intended to be mean, harsh, or totalitarian. These are set in place to protect our members from getting their feelings hurt or being verbally bashed by another member. We want you guys to have fun with these debates, and therefore I have made these rules in order to protect you all.

1. No flaming eachother. Yes, you may disagree with their point, but you're disagreeing with their POINT. Look at the difference:

"You're ridiculous!" vs. "Your point is ridiculous"

2. Try to add more to the conversation more than "I agree with you" or "Harry should end up with .. . "

Feel free to gather proof from the movies or books to support your argument.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 07:58 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I think that Harry should end up with Hermione. They have the whole H and H thing going for them. From the very beginning, in SS, they have had a more than frienship concern for each other.

Page 173 Sorcerors Stone
"Ive Just Had a thought---Hermione"-Harry
"What about her"-Ron
"She doesnt know about the troll"-Harry

Notice that even when theyre not friends Harry remembers Hermione and worries about her. And this is in the very beginning, when they first met.

P. 286-7 Sorcerors Stone
“Hermione’s lip trembled, and she suddenly dashed at Harry and threw her arms around him.
"Hermione!"
"Harry – you’re a great wizard, you know."
"I’m not as good as you,’ said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let go of him.
"Me!’ said Hermione. ‘Books! And cleverness! There are more important things – friendship and bravery and – oh Harry – be careful!"
"You drink first,’ said Harry.”

Ah! Hermione, even this early on, shows she has noticed Harry, and believes he is in fact a good person. And she hugs him, a person she has hardly known for one year and praises him for his actions.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:13 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I think Luna, just because she's so weird ((like me!)) and if you give me a few days I WILL come up with a reason, but my HP books are at uni and I'm at home! big grin

http://www.harrypotterfrenzy.com/article263.html

Last edited by Phoenix on Apr 2nd, 2005 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 06:40 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

it will never happen, but i think its a cool story line:
Hermione+Harry
Ginny+Dean
Ron+Luna
but things go wrong and Harry+Ginny affair!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud its never gonna happen but i like it stick out tongue

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 08:27 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Y'know what would be insanely funny? Harry dying before he could even get with anyone.

Can I vote that?

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 01:52 AM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

haha, that would be kind of funny, and ironic.

i would love for hermione and harry to end up together. because their friendship is so platonic (to us a rowlingism), i think that if they took it a step further, it might work. and also there are many subtle hints that there could be a new relationship developing between the two of them, i'm babysitting at the moment so i don't have my books, so i can't give any specific quotes, you just have to look for it.
i don't know if it will actually happen this way, but that's what i would like.

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 03:27 AM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tassie
Y'know what would be insanely funny? Harry dying before he could even get with anyone.

Can I vote that?

stick out tongue

that'd be hilarious!!

but I'd hope get ends up alone, Harry is a very complex person, and the only person that might be able to understand him would be Hermione, but she's made for Ron

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 03:56 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

Originally posted by Tassie

Can I vote that?

stick out tongue

hahaha how many shippers would just fall over if that happened hahahaaa

Well I want Harry and Hermione to get togther. I agree fully with what muse said. There is a great fanfic (its rated R for more then one reason) about an adult Harry and Hermoine (and everyone else)
you have to join the yahoo group to read it but there are like 5 parts to the story so you will be reading for a while.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParadigmOfUncertainty/

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 04:33 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Harry should end up alone!!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 04:57 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

definitly Hermione!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 07:49 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leodec928

hahahaha thats quite a wonderful idea, well my point of well be hermione so far, didnt seen another person that will be harry's partner.

leo confused

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 02:20 AM
leodec928 is currently offline Click here to Send leodec928 a Private Message Find more posts by leodec928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orlando´s Angel
~Dead man tell no lies~

i dont see Harry having a girlfriend - we can imagine that hermione will end up with Ron ( they are ment for each other ) but harry? i think that or he is going to die or end up with some ravenclaw (lol) stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 05:33 AM
Orlando´s Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Orlando´s Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Orlando´s Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

The magic of the first love is strongest!
Cho has for ever reserved a place in Harry's life. The first love! Ho many of you can not recall the first love ? I don't beleive there is any. We might forget our second, third, forth..... but never the first one! So Go Cho !

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 06:21 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zamber

I think Luna because he feals sorry for her and they have a lot in comen. Pluse it would put a nice twist into it.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 09:30 AM
zamber is currently offline Click here to Send zamber a Private Message Find more posts by zamber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

i dont think luna

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:20 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

Originally posted by PinkDiamonds
it will never happen, but i think its a cool story line:
Hermione+Harry
Ginny+Dean
Ron+Luna
but things go wrong and Harry+Ginny affair!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud its never gonna happen but i like it stick out tongue
so which one shall i vote? Hermione? Ginny? Other?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:21 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I can't really articulate why, but i really dislike Cho. There's nothing that she particularly does, but she strikes me as the kind of pretty, popular girl that leaves a trail of broken hearts behind her

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 12:59 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diamonds
I'm Special.

i agree Phoe

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:02 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

thanks Diamonds big grin

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 01:08 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

I really want Luna to end up with Harry, and I really think it might happen!!

Aside form the fact that Luna really reminds me of myself, the reason I'd like those two to get together is because they're both different, luna because she's well, quite strange and Harry because he's Harry Potter, the dude who brought voldemort to his downfall. I like the idear of the two kind of different peoples getting together and be all like "yah we're cool!" lol

And also I think it actually might happen because near the end of the last book Harry felt angry for Luna because of the mean dudes and dudettes who make fun of her because she's different and hide her stuff and stuffff.

Yah I'm sorreh if that didn't make any sense, i'm kind of in a rush. :P

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 06:10 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote