KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The Hand of Glory

The Hand of Glory
Started by: NightCrawler341

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

The Hand of Glory

Ok, in the second book we all read that Harry messed up with the floo powder and ends up in the wrong place, in the Shop with the Hand of Glory. Now, most people would think it means nothing, yes? I think not. Notice in the movie they edited it down to him just being trapped by the Hand of Glory. Now, this Hand of Glory isn't something JKR made up, and I think I remember what it said it was. A hanged mans hand or something and its curse and it is used to light something. So, people. what do you think the use of the Hand of Glory will be in the future books?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:05 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Nothing.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:02 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

.............. Hot sauce your really starting to upset me. BACK UP WHAT YOU THINK! Now, what does everyone think?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:11 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Why am I starting to upset you? Have I done something else to offend you?

Anyway, if you want why I think this, there's no actual reason. That's why I didn't say one. I think the hand thing was just shown as a symbol of the weird and strange stuff that goes on in the Dark Arts.

I don't think it has any other significance.

Don't open a thread that you want people to answer with a whole bunch of evidence at their sides. Sometimes, people just want to share their answer, and not why. You should not get angry at this.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 05:22 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Sorry, then. But in a interview about the magic, she says she makes 95% of it up, and 5% isn't. And she brings up, out of everything she could have picked from 5% the Hand of Glory. That means it must have something to do with the Harry Potter books.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 07:19 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Ooooooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, I remember you. I also replied to the elf thread and you got made at me for saying 'no.' Seriously though, how else am I supposed to answer. I only say one word replies for things that don't really need evidence or reasons.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 09:58 PM
i_LoVe_DaNiEl22
*~LOST~*

i think night crawler might be right. she doesnt put something in there just to be there. take Scabbers for an example. he wasnt only a rat. think about it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:34 AM
i_LoVe_DaNiEl22 is currently offline Click here to Send i_LoVe_DaNiEl22 a Private Message Find more posts by i_LoVe_DaNiEl22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Okay, and think about the hundreds of things that have no significance. Pick anything!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 04:58 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Ummm.... lets see.... Nevilles toad? Listen, it makes sense that she really brings notice to this item in the book, movie, and in an interview. It has to mean something. And for the elf thread, yes, it could use something to back your opinion up.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:14 AM
TheSun

Don't be ridiculous

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 01:27 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Neville's toad is something I can actually see being significant. HOWEVER, it is only because yes, she has drawn a lot of attention to Neville, THROGUHOUT ALL OF THE BOOKS. The Hand of Glory was in one book, and there was nothing particularly special about it.

And by the way, if you want the reason why I think Harry does not have elf blood in him, "Harry does not have elf blood in him because there is absolutely no evidence to show that he is.' Does that make you happy? Damn.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 06:32 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Well, before book three came out, i'm sure people didn't think that the name Sirius in the first book meant a thing. Just someone who loaned Hagrid a flying motorcycle. The Hand of Glory could be the same as Sirius, could turn out to be important later on. and Likwise with Scabbers.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:42 PM
TheSun

No, don't be ridiculous.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 11:52 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
weegie
Dreamer

well, jk only keeps really needed important stuff from the books into the films. like she makes sure certain stuff is in the films - that arenot cut out ya know?? well, if its in the film it has to be of some significance, if not just to make ppl scared and everythin. i think you may be right, it foreshadow something else important in the next books - just because its in the film. however, i dont think it means much, its just a hand - that makes u jump in the film, lol, but it could be, it definatly could be something.....

Why would Hermione want a Krum when she could have a whole Weasley?!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:39 PM
weegie is currently offline Click here to Send weegie a Private Message Find more posts by weegie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I found out what it does. You make the Hand of Glory hold a candle and it gives light only to the holder. Now, something like that could mean something in future books. Also, she explains what it does in the book (thats where I found it what it does.) Why should she spend time explaining something none important?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 10:21 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Interesting... but I still don't think so.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 01:36 AM
TheSun

Just let it go - no hand of glory nonsense.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 10:48 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheSun
Just let it go - no hand of glory nonsense.

The Sun, if you don't like the discussion down come into this thread. It is thoughts that actually make sense. Please, if you dont like the discussion, whats the point of you coming in. I will always find ways to keep this thread open to there is hard evidence.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 10:00 PM
TheSun

But there isn't canon evidence whatsoever. JKR mentioned it once.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 09:51 AM
air

although i can see where your going with these threads, your trying to think of something which Harry discovers in book 2 relates to the Half Blood Prince, i will apologise to you if the hand of glory is this item, i have though about this myself but have come to the conclusion thats its not the hand of glory...although I'm not sure what it is....

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 10:50 AM
air is currently offline Click here to Send air a Private Message Find more posts by air Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote