KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » HP- Not a kids (under 12) book anymore??

HP- Not a kids (under 12) book anymore??
Started by: manny321

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

HP- Not a kids (under 12) book anymore??

I was wondering that with the high profile deaths in HBP and how dark it is and that it is getting ultra complicated that #6 and #7 are not really kids book like the first 5. I think the way its going the films for number 6 and 7 are for sure being rated Pg 13.

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 09:40 PM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I never thought of it as kids... only the movies.. not the books

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 09:44 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

First 2 books...kids=yes....now the third is where it all starts getting darker and the 4th, 5th, & 6th books shouldn't be considered 12 and under...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:14 PM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I agree... but whats it matter. Best learn this stuff young.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:47 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

-nods- yeah...none of the books seem all that kidish after the first two...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 01:16 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I have to say, the infieri (sp?) freaked me out the most...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:09 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix

Freaked the hell out of me too embarrasment

It's since book 4 defenetly 12+, and book 6 maybe even 16+

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 03:11 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TinkrBellBaBii

i really never thought that the books were for kids under 12. i mean they can read them if they want, but i dont think they were JK's intended audience anyways.

and yeah .. the inferi were scary as crap.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:12 PM
TinkrBellBaBii is currently offline Click here to Send TinkrBellBaBii a Private Message Find more posts by TinkrBellBaBii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

i saw the word '****' in the book too

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:14 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

yeah the sixth was really bad compared to the original

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:00 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermioneronluva
Hermione Granger

yeah the inferi freaked me out and when some people start snogging each other, the 6 movie will be definatly be rated PG 13,and when someones chest and face start squirting out blood too.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 10:19 PM
hermioneronluva is currently offline Click here to Send hermioneronluva a Private Message Find more posts by hermioneronluva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

I don't think the fifth book onwards is meant for kids... 12 and up for books 5 & 6. 3 & 4, 10 and up. 2, I'd say 8 and up. 1, all ages.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:43 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I believe that book one, two, and even three are fine for children of all ages, although three is where it gets a bit darker. From there, four was gradually darker, five was even darker, and six was definetly not intended for children under the age of twelve.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 12:47 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orient_celts
Dune House Atreides

Originally posted by Phoenix

When I reached that part of the chapter, it was already half past 1am and the house was so quiet. I nearly let out a shriek when my mom came into my room to get something. I didn't know she was still up. Haha.

Creepy inferi.

I also think Book 5 & 6 may not be intended for kids under 12.

<a href="http://moonlight-united.com">moonlight-united.com</a>

Last edited by orient_celts on Jul 23rd, 2005 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 02:38 AM
orient_celts is currently offline Click here to Send orient_celts a Private Message Find more posts by orient_celts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daughterofdeath

Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
i saw the word '****' in the book too

Er... I think there are quite a lot of...er... not very nice words which have 4 letters. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 02:43 PM
daughterofdeath is currently offline Click here to Send daughterofdeath a Private Message Find more posts by daughterofdeath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i didnt think it was a 'kids' book any way

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 02:47 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Potter is a kids book. In many ways most fantasy isbig grin Some try and break the mold e.g. The rape scene at the start of Thomas Covenant.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 03:35 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

no expression

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 03:48 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Book 1 has a lot of darkness. Starts off with two murders. A kid being abused by his aunt/uncle. A creature/man who is killing and drinking unicorn's blood. A head in the back of a man's head.

The whole series has been dark.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:39 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

^hence why its not a young childrens book

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 06:34 PM