KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » No more Quidditch?!

No more Quidditch?!
Started by: Director_Joe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

No more Quidditch?!

Hm... In a recent interview with JKR, she revealed that the Quidditch game in the 6th book would be the last... Not too surprising...I mean, How is Harry gonna have time to play Quidditch when he's trying to kill Voldemort? Though, I have to say that I am slightly sad. Quidditch is one of my favorite additions to the book...

Here's the link to the interview from MuggleNet:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview2.shtml

Any (angry/happy/other) thoughts?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:47 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bubbapilot
Smuggler

I think Quidditch is the best. It will be sorely missed, but JK has got to do what she has got to do.

Several times I have disagreed with where she has taken the stories, but it is after all her story and she needs to tell it her way.

On that note, with Harry off saving the world, you're right, he would have little time for sport.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:05 AM
Bubbapilot is currently offline Click here to Send Bubbapilot a Private Message Find more posts by Bubbapilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

I think the last one will have a lot of duels like the new star wars films. There will be a duel with Malfoy then Snape for sure and the finale with Voldermort. I also think Dumbledore will be Harry's guiding ghost. The books getting complex and very dark. The way its going the movie on the last book maybe rated R. LOL

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:28 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TinkrBellBaBii

PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ THE 6th BOOK!!!!
at the very end of the 6th book, didn't harry say that he may not even be at hogwarts next year and that hed spend most of his time fighting voldemort? so yeah .. that would explain why there would be no more quidditch.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:56 AM
TinkrBellBaBii is currently offline Click here to Send TinkrBellBaBii a Private Message Find more posts by TinkrBellBaBii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Well yeah...but then it wouldn't be "Year 7 at Hogwarts"... So I think he'll most likley go if it's but for a small amount of time...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:23 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Course he will go back. I got a feeling we will be seeing Gryffindor sword again and the only place he can get it is at Hogwarts. And I don't mean the swords a horcrux either. I mean as he will need it to fight. As for the topic of no more quidditch, not like it matters. Like you guys said, they will be going after Moldy Voldy. Can't really do quidditch during the time.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:02 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

woot i hated quidditch boring

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:43 AM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TinkrBellBaBii
PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ THE 6th BOOK!!!!
at the very end of the 6th book, didn't harry say that he may not even be at hogwarts next year and that hed spend most of his time fighting voldemort? so yeah .. that would explain why there would be no more quidditch.

totally with u on that one the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: interview with JK makes me think he isnt going back but who knows we will have to wait and see

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Last edited by tigress on Jul 21st, 2005 at 01:11 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:06 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GraciePoo

i serioulsy doubt that harry would go back to hogwarts. like whats the point? im just curious as to where he will stay after he has turned 17. i thnk that DEs or even voldy might attack him on his b-day, cuz thats when he is stopped being protected by love blood right? i also think that a horcruxe could be stored in his voldies snake.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:49 PM
GraciePoo is currently offline Click here to Send GraciePoo a Private Message Find more posts by GraciePoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

*hysterical sobbing*

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:52 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GraciePoo
i serioulsy doubt that harry would go back to hogwarts. like whats the point? im just curious as to where he will stay after he has turned 17. i thnk that DEs or even voldy might attack him on his b-day, cuz thats when he is stopped being protected by love blood right? i also think that a horcruxe could be stored in his voldies snake.
You sh*tting me right... You "THINK" the horcruxe could be in his snake? Didn't Dumbledore plannly say it?!

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 06:49 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I like Quidditch.. but it was getting a little old. In book 6 with the quidditch when i was reading it i was sayin to myself "Come-on! Hurry up get this over with." becuase i wanted to see what happened with the plot.. i didnt care if Harry won or lost. I just wanted it to end.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 06:43 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

I know what you mean... Nevertheless, Quidditch was what made me like the books... I'm sad to see it go... Though... I did see a slow decline in my liking for Quidditch after Wood left...It just wasn't the same... Then it was Fred and Geroge then Alicia and Angelina... And what's worse... it seemed to me that they were letting just anyone on the team... Oh well....

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 11:18 PM
oceanflame
jennifleur

yeah quidditch was the best in the first three books. the only reason why i like it now is becausee of ron. i always feel so bad for him when he cant save goals, but now he is doing alot better, it is a shame that he will have to stop.

.let me go crazy on you.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:03 AM
oceanflame is currently offline Click here to Send oceanflame a Private Message Find more posts by oceanflame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote