KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » "Harry Potter is a Fraud"

"Harry Potter is a Fraud"
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Shocked "Harry Potter is a Fraud"

A rather interesting article on the character of Harry Potter:

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2073627

It DOES raise some very interesting points that may or may not change your opinion on Harry Potter.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 02:11 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

tht was written by some "excuse the french" jackass critic...
a good critic tells of the positives in the books/films/..
a bad critic is some little depressed man/woman who looks into films/books for the negatives is people thought harry potter was a lie or a fraud it simply wouldnt be as successful as it has been!
When you look at it from the perspective of the critic it could be argued but harry potter is not just about his skills and abilitys its an exciting story . And saying harry is just the same as ron and hermione maybe correct but harry has a destiny a prophecy for him not for hermione an ron..that is what makes him special and i am insulted by this persons lies!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 02:58 AM
div is currently offline Click here to Send div a Private Message Find more posts by div Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I agree that critics SERIOUSLY need to get laid....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 03:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Only Read the firsty paragragh before I threw up.........Is it supposed to be a Bitching rant Becuase Of the Title Names? What the f**k?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 04:06 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

>> He can only do it instinctively.) When Harry stabs a basilisk in Chamber of Secrets, Rowling writes that he did it "without thinking, without considering, as though he had meant to do it all along." <<

Actually this was written with regards to Harry stabbing the Horcrux.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:04 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

????

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 12:39 PM
shanie623
forever young with you

LOL. I found the article rather amusing.

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:22 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

well i think we awl agree anyway tht its a load of crap from a sex deprived depressed critic

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:24 PM
div is currently offline Click here to Send div a Private Message Find more posts by div Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nick1811
At Gunpoint

lol, that guy DOES realise that Harry Potter isnt real, doesnt he?

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:17 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunn why you guys are so unhappy. This article- written 3 years ago- is absolutely right. Potter himself admits as much in the later books- that everything he achieved was either as a result of teamwork or luck. It is why he hates his hero status.

What makes Harry the focus of the book is not his super-powers or ability to destroy evil single-handed; it is his courage, tenacity and loyalty to his friends. That is why when these qualities are fading in Order of the Phoenix, Potter is in serious trouble, and he pays for it.

At the end of Half-Blood Prince, Potter makes a conscious dcision to try and be a hero for real. No-one can pamper him any more.

The guy who wrote this article is spot on, he just didn't know it was a deliberate part of Potter's set-up by Rowling.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

but the point is really tht this guy has probably read other reviews or only just skim read the books..you cant read a harry potter book and say "ooh its a fraud , because its not about some normal boy, in a normal school ..the guy misses the bckround ...its different from any other book i've ever read ....the basis may be the same?? but all books are like tht ....they have theyr own categories thrillers horror fantasy etc but jk has made harry potter her own she has done something amazing so how someone can say that jk and harry potter is a fraud is beyond belief!!how many other books have any of you read tht is similar to harry potter?? its a new breed... its not the same story as other books its tottally different ...jk has surrounded harry potter with reality!! she makes it sound real an realistic and not just magic everwhere there are connections and although there are strange characters theres still a sense of reality within her books i argue the case that jk rowlings book is like any other she is an amazing author ,..if harry potter was a fraud other critics would have said also tht is merely the view of one!! which i dont think should be taken seriously because this guy/women obviously hasnt done his job well!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 01:36 AM
div

sorry bout the lack of punctuation.went off in a rant
this guy/women annoys me soo much!!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 01:38 AM
babysooner13
Lavender Brown

That article is bull. Yes, it can make some really good points, but who ever wrote that article has really wasted their time. The book is named after Harry because it's showing life events of Harry Potter. Sure, it could've been named something else, but it's Harry's life. Points that he sees and he feels. Man, do you all agree with me or not?

I <3 my boy!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 03:31 PM
babysooner13 is currently offline Click here to Send babysooner13 a Private Message Find more posts by babysooner13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nick1811
lol, that guy DOES realise that Harry Potter isnt real, doesnt he?

err...I just want to say this...HARRY POTTER IS REAL!!! I found that article highly amusing. Obviously that guy has no life but he has a point...there was a period where I didn't like Harry as a character because he was...well, he had everything minus he's parnets.

Last edited by MistressofSnape on Oct 21st, 2005 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 06:20 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

*snap,snap,snap*

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 06:44 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

blink

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 07:09 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

GRRRR---->i hate tht feckin critic.!!!!
The point which was pointed out by babysooner is tht its about events in harrys life , things harrys done, what harry is!!
its about him.... the critic would probs complain still if the title was "ronald weasley" filled with stories about harry...
the guy would say the opposite thing if tht was the case theres no win win answer from this guy/women ..

hes a dirty fecker!!heh heh!!
mad mad yes

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:07 AM
danagrint1
Rupert's Wife

that article is so stupid

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:30 AM
danagrint1 is currently offline Click here to Send danagrint1 a Private Message Find more posts by danagrint1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

ok, i use to hate Harry Potter, i read the first book and i had hated it. it was boring, a drag, who cares about some boy who lost his parents? who cares that he has the worse life in the world? i mean, that could be a whole book by itself without the magic and Voldemort in it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:26 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I thought that was a pretty good article. it just depends on your personal views. I never really like the main characters of the stories, I prefer the secondary characters, because they are unrenowned heroes

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 11:23 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote