KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Is Anyone Else Satisfied With The Rating?

Is Anyone Else Satisfied With The Rating?
Started by: Murray

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

MPAA rating: Do you agree?

TVGuide has posted the the MPAA has comfirmed that the rating for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be PG-13, the first of the septology. It is rated PG-13 due to "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images." Do you agree?

Yes: that way it stays true to the darker authenticity of the original text. I've heard the graveyard scene is exactly like the book, which was the scariest and most violent of the chapters, and my favorite.

DO YOU AGREE??

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -Alexander Hamilton

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 03:13 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

what exactly does PG-13 mean?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:27 PM
sasee tiin is currently offline Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Yup, I agree.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:31 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sasee tiin
what exactly does PG-13 mean?

Parental Guidence under 13

Yeah, the MPAA has been going hard on movies lately... Quite an odd turn of events, if you ask me, when they used to let a lot of things 'slide'. I'm sure we'll see the reason for the PG-13 rating.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:28 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasee tiin

In norway it will be PG-11, we don't have 13...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 08:54 AM
sasee tiin is currently offline Click here to Send sasee tiin a Private Message Find more posts by sasee tiin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

I know means its going to a 'dark ' movie

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 12:20 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by Murray
TVGuide has posted the the MPAA has comfirmed that the rating for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be PG-13, the first of the septology. It is rated PG-13 due to "sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images." Do you agree?

Yes: that way it stays true to the darker authenticity of the original text. I've heard the graveyard scene is exactly like the book, which was the scariest and most violent of the chapters, and my favorite.

DO YOU AGREE??

yay im so happy big grin *jumps up and down* it was about time it got into the pg13 zone come on the books are getting more violent and older and by the way is there a site or something to confirm this is true?!?

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:01 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

http://www.filmratings.com/ just enter movie title and yeah it is PG 13 big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:09 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

smile rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance love rock yes beer beer

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:08 PM
Murray is currently offline Click here to Send Murray a Private Message Find more posts by Murray Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Murray
Self-Pity Wallower

I COULDN"T BE HAPPIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 02:08 PM
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theater can choose to abide by.)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:24 PM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Originally posted by Director_Joe
I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theaters can choose to abide by.)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:24 PM
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Originally posted by Director_Joe
I find it funny. A movie that can't be veiwed alone if you're under 13 and is based off a 12 and under book... Something tells me that's not right... (What people don't realize is that movie ratings are rules, not laws, that movie theater can choose to abide by.)

true but remember in order to tell a story they need to show it how it is exactly in the books

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 03:51 PM
zac_j
Hogsmeade RP by Zac J!!!

Tongue Is Anyone Else Satisfied With The Rating?

PG-13!!!!!! Yay!!! No more kids going to the bathroom every two and a half minutes!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue embarrasment

Thanks for the sig, KillTheLight!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 03:37 PM
zac_j is currently offline Click here to Send zac_j a Private Message Find more posts by zac_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danagrint1
Rupert's Wife

yay!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:00 PM
danagrint1 is currently offline Click here to Send danagrint1 a Private Message Find more posts by danagrint1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris7272
Hopeless romantic

hey thats what i do, im just joking.. yaysmile

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:39 PM
gshkris7272 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris7272 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris7272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by zac_j
PG-13!!!!!! Yay!!! No more kids going to the bathroom every two and a half minutes!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue embarrasment
THANK GOD! But parents can still bring the brats, and some parents don't teach their children proper manners by letting the brats talk... Also, there is a thread on this I believe.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 06:55 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zac_j
Hogsmeade RP by Zac J!!!

Originally posted by The Phantom
THANK GOD! But parents can still bring the brats, and some parents don't teach their children proper manners by letting the brats talk... Also, there is a thread on this I believe.

Keep those brats on leashes and put muzzles on them! Damn Brats! lol

Thanks for the sig, KillTheLight!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 08:26 PM
zac_j is currently offline Click here to Send zac_j a Private Message Find more posts by zac_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Here here!

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 11:21 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

laughing out loud Im so happy with the rating

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 12:22 PM