KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Edge Chronicles

The Edge Chronicles
Started by: BartmanX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

The Edge Chronicles

Has anyone heard of these books? Their pretty good.

Thanks Piggle_Humsy for the sig!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:43 AM
BartmanX is currently offline Click here to Send BartmanX a Private Message Find more posts by BartmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

Nobody has heard of this?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 12:31 AM
BartmanX is currently offline Click here to Send BartmanX a Private Message Find more posts by BartmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I have heard of them and I have read all of them. I think they are better then the Harry Potter books.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 10:11 AM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

I haven't read the Harry Potter books yet. But I hear their really good. I haven't read all of the Edge books, but I've read most of them.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 05:36 PM
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

I have never heard of them, can I ask that, when making threads like this, could you perhaps explain what these books are about, and why you like them, for the benifit of those who haven't read them yet?

Thanks. smile

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 04:13 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

Here's a picture of The Edge:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 01:14 AM
BartmanX
I'm a wanna be Balla.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 01:16 AM
pinkfloydkor

oh yea, these are by far my favorite books, I didnt think anyone else read them. I just recently finished the 7th one, it was really good. I think that there is going to be 10 of them. My overall favorite is definatly the second one.

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post May 8th, 2006 12:57 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

YESSSSSS!!!! I love the Edge Chronicles, I own all of them, and I am halfway through reading FREEGLADER. It's sooooo good, I can't put it down! My favourite so far would have to be THE LAST OF THE SKY PIRATES. It's soooooo sad!!! I will not say who, for those of you who haven't read it, but a main character gets offed at the end. I stayed in my room all day, crying, and wouldn't come out at all. I will admit that at first they seemed a bit childish with all the illustrations, but they turned out to be great for readers of all ages!

Note to all: Do not distrust the one who appears to be deceiving you...for it is appearances that are the most deceiving...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 06:02 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

yea, freeglader was really good, but I think they should go on about Twig a little. They ust leave him in the 6th one. The 8th one is called winter nights and is out in the uk, but will be out in the us soon. It is about Cloud Wolf when he is about to begin his journey for stormphrax. It sounds pretty good.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 04:19 AM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Yeah, Twig rocks!!! I can't believe Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell could just... -starts to make growling noises of rage-
I also love Quint!! I can't wait to read more about him... Does anyone know when it'll come to America?
I just finished Freeglader today, and it was good, but not as good as The Last of the Sky Pirates in my opinion.

If anyone a=wants to read them, but is turned away by the large amounts of pictures, I suggest you read them anyways. They are wonderful books.

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 09:00 PM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Just finished Clash of the Sky Galleons, have been looking out for a new one whenever I have the courage to prance into the childrens literature section, but I must say that this lastest offering does not seem to deliver.

It's another story of Quint, the original Twig's father, but compared to say, Winter Knights, the conclusion just isn't that satisfying. I am infact talking of a plot twist that I feel could be enhanced, and believe me, from the middle of the book when it starts setting off these enigma's, you expect an almost obvious ending, which I did not get, but which I really wanted.

Not that that a bad thing, being unpredictable, isn't that what a plot twist is for after all, but the conclusion given seems almost like a cop out from one with a little more imagination and alot more death. Worth reading for any fan though.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 05:49 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
Just finished Clash of the Sky Galleons

is that number 9??

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 08:15 PM
Rai3931

Relations

OK call me an impatient bugger, but I can't wait to read Freeglader (it's STILL on loan at my local library!) to find out how Rook, Twig and Quint are all related! Well, I know that Rook's Twig's grandson, but who is Keris Barkwater/Verginix? I heard she's Twig's daughter - who does he marry? Someone mentioned a SLAUGHTERER? I know there's meant to be a family tree at the end of Freeglader, hence the reason I'm desperate to get my hands on it, but it's been out on loan for weeks and I can't wait to buy it, please please someone fill me in on the Verginix/Barkwater family tree! I know Tem is Rook's great uncle, too - how's that come about? If you don't want to post for fear of upsetting others with spoilers, please PM me

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 08:36 PM
Rai3931 is currently offline Click here to Send Rai3931 a Private Message Find more posts by Rai3931 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
addster662

Twig's the best he's so brave in the 3rd book.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 02:02 AM
addster662 is currently offline Click here to Send addster662 a Private Message Find more posts by addster662 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
addster662

The Edge Chronicles

I just bought the 6th book its good so far.Its cool.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:39 AM
addster662 is currently offline Click here to Send addster662 a Private Message Find more posts by addster662 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Good for you.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:31 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revenger40

I think the books are the best!So far i have read the 2nd,5th,6th,7th

I think the best one is the seventh ! smile

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 03:33 PM
Revenger40 is currently offline Click here to Send Revenger40 a Private Message Find more posts by Revenger40 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Ehryeah, there is a new book, The Immortals, on its way. It is touted as the last and hopes to tie up some loose ends.

As far as the series goes, it isn't complex, it isn't the best Children's literature out there but it is damned imaginitive and entertaining. If Terry Gilliam wrote books, this would be it.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:33 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote