KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Who'd Be Your Pick For Director?

Who'd Be Your Pick For Director?
Started by: Director_Joe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Who'd Be Your Pick For Director?

If you could pick the next director(s) of Potter V, VI, and VII (well, maybe we should exclude VII for now) who whould he/she/it/they be? Who would it be if it could be ANYONE you wanted?

And remember people, this is purely opinion.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 04:36 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Peter Jackson, For obvious Reasons. erm

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:52 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Barker, as much as i respect you, i think your choice is horrible

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 08:51 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Council#13

Reasons would be....

Look to Lord of the Rings, An Excellent Book-To-Movie Series, as An Example and Reason for my Choice.

[Size=1]But I supposed if you didn't like King Kong...[\Size]

please respond to my PM Thorin

Last edited by Barker on Jan 8th, 2006 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 09:15 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

My shortlist of directors I like, and would like to see directing Harry Potter - Yes, I know most would be unsuitable, and some are even dead, but still I'd love to see what the last three would be like under their direction.

Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock!!!! eek!

Though I guess if I had to really pick someone for the job it might be Peter Jackson. He would do an excellent job in my opinion and he has an excellent track record. Now then there is Spielberg - great, absolutely great in the right circumstances, but I don't think him and Harry Potter would jell to well.

Other then that? I would love to see what Sofia Coppola would do, but it probably wouldn't work for most people.

George Lucas? I wouldn't trust him near a camera any more. When he works, he works great, when he doesn't we get the Phantom Menace.

Peter Weir? Brilliant director, never really done anything like Harry Potter, but good at making movies literate, poetic, powerful, artful. Produced a great book adaption with Master and Commander.

Jim Henson? The Dark Crystal was one of my favorite films when little, made quality kids entertainment in his day. R.I.P.

Robert Zemeckis? Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the Back to the Future series - that's a pretty good pedigree, and I wonder what he's doing know... Suitable in a way. Kind of.

Ridley Scott? Good at most of what he does, made some of the best sci-fi around - and fantasy is just sci-fi without lasers and bolts (I love that quote) - Probably more of an mature director though.

Akira Kurosawa? I'd like to see how it would be with Eastern structure. Good director, very epic.

Orson Welles? It would be fascinating I think, though Harry Potter would be far beneath his skills. But thematically? Yes, fascinating is the word.

Mel Brooks? What can I say, I have a soft spot for the old boy. Maybe he could do a Harry Potter parody.

And Michael Moore can do the making of documentary.

And as much as I like Quentin Tarantino, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the last three movies, even in a fantasy like this.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 01:02 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

Originally posted by Barker
i agree

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 03:43 PM
Sir J is currently offline Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emily_depp
Soon to be Mrs Grint

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:42 PM
Emily_depp is currently offline Click here to Send Emily_depp a Private Message Find more posts by Emily_depp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Yep, Peter Jackson appears to be the flavour of the month, and it is with good reason.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:33 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yep, Peter Jackson appears to be the flavour of the month, and it is with good reason.

Yeah no doubt... I think he'd do a damn fine job directing the movie....if that's what he wanted to do... That's the theing with Peter Jackson...He'll only do a film that he wants to do.

My personal pick, though extremely farfetched, is Tim Burton. These next movies are gonna be right up his alley.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 05:20 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

peter jackson would be good but if they keep Mike Newell from GOF cuz i think he did a good job on the film as long as they dont get Alfonso Cuarón back my god i'd cry if they do

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 12:01 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

Originally posted by ladygrim
as long as they dont get Alfonso Cuarón back my god i'd cry if they do
he put too much nature POA every few minutes you see some sort of animal or plant

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 04:52 PM
Sir J is currently offline Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Marty Scorsese.

Don't even try and argue with that!

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 05:50 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by Sir J
he put too much nature POA every few minutes you see some sort of animal or plant

the was too much of the whomping willow shown if they cut out most of that we could have had more sirius moments wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:11 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Agreed!
Originally posted by Council#13

Can you support that?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 08:35 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I think Peter Jackson would do a great job with OOTP

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 10:12 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

As much as I love Pete Jackson, he woldn't be my choice. Harry Potter is way too different from his other films. Personally, i would prefer Spielberg. He loves science fiction, and his movies are always imaginative. Also, he has done many films about young children facing adversity (E.T., Empire of the Sun)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 11:36 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote