KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Did Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship?

Did Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship?
Started by: Aqua-pimp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aqua-pimp

Did Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship?

Ok so i always wonderd why Dumbledore trusted Snape..
I mean the guy was a deadeater and stuff and because of him Harry parents got killed...
So what if Dumbledore was in love with Snape it's a nasty thought sick but it's possible it would explain his strong trust in him ..

quote:
Interviews with Rowling
In an interview, J. K. Rowling stated that Snape had been loved, but did not specify by whom, or the nature of the love.[1] Rowling has also said, in a response to a rumour that Luna Lovegood is Snape's daughter, that Snape does not have a daughter. [2]

This quote i found on wikipedia what if this love was Dumbledore
Could it be that Dumbledore was in love with Snape...

I wanna know you're though about my theorie...
i mean Dumbledore was a smart man but maybe his love for Snape clauded his judment..

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:05 AM
Aqua-pimp is currently offline Click here to Send Aqua-pimp a Private Message Find more posts by Aqua-pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

No. You're retarded for even considering it.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:16 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Absolutely f***ing no way.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:26 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:

And why is this theorie retarded? give me a reason.. or do you just like calling me name's like a little punk who get's big balls whenever he sits before a pc because he knows nobody gonna kick his a like a hooker who owed her pimp money ... erm

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:31 AM
Aqua-pimp is currently offline Click here to Send Aqua-pimp a Private Message Find more posts by Aqua-pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

You really think Rowling will put homosexuality in a Potter book?

And besides....absolutely no f***ing way.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:31 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

I agree with the others. And that quote,I believe she meant by another student.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:42 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
Originally posted by DarkC
Absolutely f***ing no way.

These sum it up well.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:43 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:

Wel with every new book the story matures...
Book one starded like a innocent childrens book and in book 4,5 and 6 people get killed and stuff..
So bringing in homosexualtity could be a new way for Jk to enter a next level of maturity and controversy i mean damn something like that would shine a whole new light on the series.. laughing

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:43 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Don't be stupid. She doesn't want that kind of controversy, and an assload of parents is going to march up her door demanding answers if she does.

Having that garbage in a Potter book is by no means "mature". Use your head.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:46 AM
Aqua-pimp

quote:
Don't be stupid. She doesn't want that kind of controversy, and an assload of parents is going to march up her door demanding answers if she does.

Having that garbage in a Potter book is by no means "mature". Use your head.

Believe it or not it's 2007 now homosexualtity is excepted in many places in the world nowadays...

She put deads in a childrens book - Dumbledore

She put mutilation in a childrens book - Bill

And still no reports of assload of parents at her door ... erm

So yeah there's a chance she'll put that kind of garbage in a childrens book.. I don't hope so do but stil..

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 01:00 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Worldwide yes, it's being accepted and even embraced more readily. Same-sex marriage is legal in some parts of the world already.

In a Potter book? Hell no.

Dead and mutilation are generic and come from the fact that Voldemort is back, of course there is going to be death, mutilation, injury. Blood. Your point being? Those are not the same thing and not on level with homosexuality. It's like comparing chairs to pianos, they're two completely different things. Don't associate them with each other.

That's because she hasn't actually done it yet, dimwit. You're probably one in ten million who speculate certain theories that was crap before and was crap in the end anyways.

Gayness in a children's book? You kidding me?
Even though kids have been reading it as they grow up, don't forget the younger generation that have only just started. What do you suppose Mom will think when little Kenneth asks why two men are kissing?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:19 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Worldwide yes, it's being accepted and even embraced more readily. Same-sex marriage is legal in some parts of the world already.

Dead and mutilation are generic and come from the fact that Voldemort is back, of course there is going to be death, mutilation, injury. Blood. Your point being? Those are not the same thing and not on level with homosexuality. It's like comparing chairs to pianos, they're two completely different things. Don't associate them with each other.

That's because she hasn't actually done it yet, dimwit. You're probably one in ten million who speculate certain theories that was crap before and was crap in the end anyways.

Even though kids have been reading it as they grow up, don't forget the younger generation that have only just started. What do you suppose Mom will think when little Kenneth asks why two men are kissing?
Mom: "Give me that book." *goes into room for long period of time reading book. Kenneth is scarred for life hearing moaning sounds coming from the room and accidentally walking into the room to get his book back.*

no expression

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 03:28 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
And why is this theorie retarded? give me a reason.. or do you just like calling me name's like a little punk who get's big balls whenever he sits before a pc because he knows nobody gonna kick his a like a hooker who owed her pimp money ... erm

laughing out loud

I always laugh when the best retort someone can come up with has to do with sex somehow. It's kind of pathetic, especially since you know nothing about me. Kinda random, like a last resort.

laughing out loud

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 04:25 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

"Deadeater" laughing out loud

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 12:40 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:

Yeah dead and mutilation are the most normal things in a childrens book.. erm
The Harry Potter books are famed because with every new book they bring in aspecs a mature adience is familair with and in many countries the've evolved so far that there not holding there assses and light on the torches every time they hear the word gay witch means there familair with it England where Jk lives being one of them You're point being?

quote:

So i'f my theorie is crap why do you border debating my crap?erm Do you just love my crap or are you just afraid my crap could be true.. laughing out loud

quote:
Even though kids have been reading it as they grow up, don't forget the younger generation that have only just started. What do you suppose Mom will think when little Kenneth asks why two men are kissing? shifty

Who said anything about sex? I sure didn't the thread statedbig grinid
Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship not are Dumbledore and Snape gonna have a gay sex scene in Harry Potter and the deadly Hollows a la Broke Back mountain.. sick
Why the hell are you being off topic fantasizing about a gay sex scene dude...Jk can put some hints in here new book about a relationship not a fr*kkin sex scene smartass

quote:
I always laugh when the best retort someone can come up with has to do with sex somehow. It's kind of pathetic, especially since you know nothing about me. Kinda random, like a last resort.

Again who said anything about sex??!! laughing
Didn't you read the thread ?? Why are you fantasizing about a gay sex scene that wasn't my intend when i created this thread ..So gues that means you're the pathetic one happy
And i don't know you but uhm.. with these kind of statements you're giving me the strong impression someone is locked up in the closet.. shifty

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 01:04 PM
Syren
dreaming

Do you actually believe Dumbledore and Snape are/were gay lovers?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:09 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:
Do you actually believe Dumbledore and Snape are/were gay lovers?

Well it could be .. I mean it was never stated in any of the other books that he had a wife or was heterosexuel ..
JK killed Dumbledore in book six i really didn't saw that coming and in the end it brought in more money controversy and fans and making Dumbledore turn out gay would cause a similar if not greater effect..

I wouldn't like it if he'd turned out gay personally i would be shocked just like how i was shocked at when she killed Dumbledore i wouldn''t eat or speak for days laughing out loud
But it made me like her more as a writer i'f she just killed of characters which the fans love that's a sign that woman doesn't give a f*ck gotta give her mad props for that ... big grin
cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:45 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yeah dead and mutilation are the most normal things in a childrens book.. erm
The Harry Potter books are famed because with every new book they bring in aspecs a mature adience is familair with and in many countries the've evolved so far that there not holding there assses and light on the torches every time they hear the word gay witch means there familair with it England where Jk lives being one of them You're point being?

It's true, they bring newer concepts and realities into the children's world. While death and multilation are familiar in children's books, none convey the tragedy of it as much as Rowling does in her Potter books.

However, bringing in an oblique and controversial subject matter such as homosexuality for example, or racism into the Potter books is much more dangerous to incorporate into a childrens' book. Do you see those justified for a good reason in any "children'"s books? No. Your argument is moot. Even if England and the world is familiar with it, it would be a stupid idea to insert into every aspect of everyday life there is.
quote:
So i'f my theorie is crap why do you border debating my crap?erm Do you just love my crap or are you just afraid my crap could be true.. laughing out loud

Oh, because someone "loves" your crap means that they'll oppose you about it every time you throw a moronic point out into the blue.

That's the stupidest logic I've ever seen.

No, I just feel very strongly against your idea and I happen to like a good debate. Stop assuming nonsense.
"Afraid your crap" would be true? Absolute bullshit. Because hey, it'll never, ever happen. Face it.
quote:
Who said anything about sex? I sure didn't the thread statedbig grinid
Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship not are Dumbledore and Snape gonna have a gay sex scene in Harry Potter and the deadly Hollows a la Broke Back mountain.. sick

Whether sexuality is involved in your so called couple doesn't have relevance to the actual subject itself. You really pulled that point out of your ass, didn't you?

Sex or not, homosexuality as a topic is still homosexuality.
quote:
Why the hell are you being off topic fantasizing about a gay sex scene dude...Jk can put some hints in here new book about a relationship not a fr*kkin sex scene smartass

I personally challenge you to find any point in his statement where he seriously indicated that he was fantasizing about said sex scene. And JK may have set some hints about a relationship, but not a homosexual one and certainly not between Dumbledore and Snape.

Stick to the subject, not to pathetically attempting to make yourself look good by giving the scapegoat tag to someone else.

If you take his inherent trust in Snape and slap it as "love", then you're more delusional than I thought. Read book five and six again.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 07:14 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Again who said anything about sex??!! laughing
Didn't you read the thread ?? Why are you fantasizing about a gay sex scene that wasn't my intend when i created this thread ..So gues that means you're the pathetic one happy
And i don't know you but uhm.. with these kind of statements you're giving me the strong impression someone is locked up in the closet.. shifty

cool

This is supposed to be a debate, my shortsighted impudent friend. And yet, here you are throwing completely off-topic insults about others who oppose your sense of view like a foolish little child throwing toy bowling pins at the neighbour.

Two words: grow up.

No no no, it's you who's pathetic. Not only do you accuse him of being gay and an extremely perverted one at that, which was entirely uncalled for, you did it to me as well. Tell me, is that the only comeback you can muster? Take an originality pill for once. Not once have you given back a true and clearly expressed point, with backing arguments to be debated. You're just slinging barbs around, that's what you're doing.

Oh, and stop making childish little assumptions about his own sex life as well. That's his business and none of yours. Kindly mind your own bloody business, thank you very much.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 07:22 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Well it could be .. I mean it was never stated in any of the other books that he had a wife or was heterosexuel ..
JK killed Dumbledore in book six i really didn't saw that coming and in the end it brought in more money controversy and fans and making Dumbledore turn out gay would cause a similar if not greater effect..

I wouldn't like it if he'd turned out gay personally i would be shocked just like how i was shocked at when she killed Dumbledore i wouldn''t eat or speak for days laughing out loud
But it made me like her more as a writer i'f she just killed of characters which the fans love that's a sign that woman doesn't give a f*ck gotta give her mad props for that ... big grin
cool

And neither it was stated in any of the books that he had a husband or was homosexual.

So why are you assuming above, especially when it has almost no real concrete backup? Seems premature to me. It's far too controversial a topic, having Dumbledore die caused enough uproar. And no you think she'll honestly ship him up there with Snape? Death is one thing, finding out that the greatest wizard in the Potter series was gay is another. Learn to distinguish the two.

A lot of people like surprises, that's true. But there's different kinds. The reaction after being X or Y or so on. Death, hey that's normal even in the world of a child.

They don't, however, have to find out that Dumbledore was in love with Snape. It's just too dangerous a topic to bring into a child's world.

You love her as a writer because she kills people off and hits us where we expect it least? That's not what I value in her as an author. I value her ingenuity and talent for creating a world that is unreal, yet still keenly imaginable. If you want suspense and being caught off guard, go read Jeffery Deaver.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 07:27 PM