KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Need for a better movie

Need for a better movie
Started by: laxmazta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laxmazta

Need for a better movie

Is anybody else hoping for a better movie then what we have seen so far. GOF was terrible compared to the book, and they keep switching directors to which is not helping.
Any takers??

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:54 PM
laxmazta is currently offline Click here to Send laxmazta a Private Message Find more posts by laxmazta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Me. This has been worrying me for some time. Chris Columbus, the director of the first two movies, was the best. And as they keep switching directors, it just gets worse.... sad

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:12 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Really? I thought they got better. No offense, but the first two were the longest ones. I mean no wonder I use to hate Harry Potter, the first two movies put me to sleep! Don't get me wrong now, I LOVE ALL HARRY POTTER BOOKS AND MOVIES! But you must admit, those two were as if he was trying to put everything from the book into the movie. No one, and I mean NO ONE would sit in a movie theatre for 5 hours!

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:32 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I would. I think that the 3rd movie ruined them. The 1st and 2nd were pretty good.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:01 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nickey
Fallen Angel

I never said they weren't. I just said they were too long.

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:05 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

They've certainly got better, and not simply because the books become darker; the Chamber of Secrets is probably the tighest Harry Potter book plotwise, but the film done it little to no justice.

Alfonso Cuaron (Prisoner of Azkaban) is the best director to have tackled Harry Potter out of them all (most raw talent and work to back that up), shame he only done one. Albeit my favourite and in my opinion the best thumb up

I'm glad Spielberg didn't do it in the end, Hayley Joel Osmond as Harry? Nah mate.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:37 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
I would. I think that the 3rd movie ruined them. The 1st and 2nd were pretty good.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:46 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

Originally posted by d-fly_girl008

I definitely agree.

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 09:42 PM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'm not sure I understand your opinions though, as a film, irrelevant of its source material; the third is really a great stepping stone from a childish and unimaginitive first two films, into a film that carries it own merit.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 09:56 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

I think my favorite one was the third one...the fourth one wasn't nearly as good as the book erm

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 11:01 PM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm not sure I understand your opinions though, as a film, irrelevant of its source material; the third is really a great stepping stone from a childish and unimaginitive first two films, into a film that carries it own merit.
The third movie sucks. Alfonso Quaron should have never been involved with it. Plus, I hate the fact that they changed the sets, moved the location of the whomping willow, etc. Oh, well though, to each their own. I personally think the first two were the best, the other two just seemed to move too quickly.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 11:06 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Remember, it's still based off a childrens book. It IS a childrens movie too.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 12:42 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

I agree with DM: the third movie was awful. The third book is often cited as the favorite of many fans (but certainly not mine), whereas the third movie was rushed and less interesting than the first two.

I watched the first 4 movies, having never read any of the books, and the one that I was most impressed with was the second film. When I first saw it I realized that there was potential for a lot deeper, darker, and thicker plot/storyline in the future...I guess I just never expected JK to incorporate so much greek mythology and meanings behind the names of characters...(for the record, my favorite movie is now the first movie in hindsight, though when I first saw it I was quite bored)...

So now I've read all the books and I believe that the series gets better with each novel (with the slight exception of the sixth book). I think OotP is one of the best books I've ever read when you consider: (1) sheer entertainment, (2) all the subplots that set the stage for the final two novels (3) the prophecy, (4) Harry losing a loved one, (5) the start of the second war, (6) a 200 pg climax with the fiasco at the Ministry of Magic...and I read a LOT. JMO though.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 01:19 AM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Originally posted by Nickey
Really? I thought they got better. No offense, but the first two were the longest ones. I mean no wonder I use to hate Harry Potter, the first two movies put me to sleep! Don't get me wrong now, I LOVE ALL HARRY POTTER BOOKS AND MOVIES! But you must admit, those two were as if he was trying to put everything from the book into the movie. No one, and I mean NO ONE would sit in a movie theatre for 5 hours!
You need to learn to appreciate the art of cinema.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 04:59 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
The third movie sucks. Alfonso Quaron should have never been involved with it. Plus, I hate the fact that they changed the sets, moved the location of the whomping willow, etc. Oh, well though, to each their own. I personally think the first two were the best, the other two just seemed to move too quickly.

Alfonso Cuaron is the best thing that happened to the film franchise, honestly; instead of the uneven pacing and certain cringeworthy scenes of the firt two movies, Harry Potter finally became the dark children's fantasy it is supposed to be (As someone mentioned, yes, a Children's Book, but hardly a the cute Disney story portrayed in the first two films eh?).

The first two films were simply straight (attempted) adaptations of the book, and if you like them for that reason, then I can understand. But Prisoner of Azkaban stands on its own as a film (And I'm glad they finally can be considered real films!).

Hogwarts finally looks a little menacing and not the dream school of both the Dead Poets Society and High School Musical. After all, it's not a playground, it's an ancient place with alot of dirty secrets. I must say, I enjoyed the use of the Whomping Willow in establishing the time too.

Last edited by exanda kane on Jun 26th, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 10:57 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Alfonso Cuaron is the best thing that happened to the film franchise, honestly; instead of the uneven pacing and certain cringeworthy scenes of the firt two movies, Harry Potter finally became the dark children's fantasy it is supposed to be (As someone mentioned, yes, a Children's Book, but hardly a the cute Disney story portrayed in the first two films eh?).

The first two films were simply straight (attempted) adaptations of the book, and if you like them for that reason, then I can understand. But Prisoner of Azkaban stands on its own as a film (And I'm glad they finally can be considered real films!).

Hogwarts finally looks a little menacing and not the dream school of both the Dead Poets Society and High School Musical. After all, it's not a playground, it's an ancient place with alot of dirty secrets. I must say, I enjoyed the use of the Whomping Willow in establishing the time too.
Dirty secrets.... nahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 01:37 PM
exanda kane

Come on, do not tell me 300 teenagers and staff (Actually, how many kids are there?) refrain from any sexual activity. Your effectively bunking up 300 (again, how many?) puberty fuelled teens in a remote location with all sorts of hallucinegatic potions and I guess, drugs.

Hence, dirty secrets smile

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 02:21 PM
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Do you guys really think the first two movies were off from the book?If so,Then you guys probably haven't seen "Narnia-The Lion,The Witch, and The Wardrobe" movie.

Last edited by PrincessNk on Jun 26th, 2007 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 03:30 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

The Chamber of Secrets movie was the best being that it was closest to the book then the others ever was.So far I see little hope for this one coming out.
In the reviews it looks nothing like the book at all.The sixth and seventh one better be good.Or alot of us are going to be very disapointed.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 12:05 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Being "closest to the book" does not mean it was a particuarly good film.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 01:32 PM