KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » If the spoilers for Deathly Hallows are true... (no spoilers)

If the spoilers for Deathly Hallows are true... (no spoilers)
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

If the spoilers for Deathly Hallows are true... (no spoilers)

This is going to be so very terrible. There are a million better ways to go about things.

http://www.zendurl.com/hallows/

Those, are the supposedly legit spoilers.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:07 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Saw most of those already, I was in fact just reading that page.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A lot of the stuff on it is very contradictory, though. I mean, compare what's said about the epilogue (written like a newspaper article) to what the 'scans' on the bottom shown (written like just another chapter), also the events in the scanned epilogue state that Ron lives, which goes against what's at the top of that page.

However, from what I can find the US edition of the book is 784 pages long. That scanned epilogue is nearly 30 pages short on that.

Those are all rumors that've been going around for a few days now. I wouldn't really buy any of them as being true because they're all so contradictory.

Though apparently, from what I've heard elsewhere, the first...2/3rds, I think, of the book has been scanned and put online. I like spoilers but that's going a bit too far I think sad

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:28 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Lana, nice to see you here for a change! ::

I hadn't seen this before so it was interesting. I made sure to scan carefully because I didn't want to be spoliled in case it is true. But the fact that some have scans from the book iteself, with pictures, yeah, a bit too much. I'm sure they can get in a LOT of trouble if they were caught.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:36 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Lana, nice to see you here for a change! ::

I hadn't seen this before so it was interesting. I made sure to scan carefully because I didn't want to be spoliled in case it is true. But the fact that some have scans from the book iteself, with pictures, yeah, a bit too much. I'm sure they can get in a LOT of trouble if they were caught.

Hiya happy

Those scans have been circling the internet for a few days; they usually don't last long wherever they are because they get spotted and pulled down almost immediately. I've been following the fun over on livejournal and it's taken me two days just to find a post that HAD them so I could see what all the fuss was about.

However, the very fact that there's been nothing done about the scans other than them being deleted off the sites they've been hosted on leads me to believe that they're fake. I mean, there was a freaking explosion when that page from HBP was leaked. This is an entire chapter and nothing.

Not to mention, as I pointed out above, a lot of contradictions with other spoilers, and one of the very few facts that we know.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I'm glad you think they're fake. I was afraid I had it spoiled. smile

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:12 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There's actually a lot of debate over whether or not they're real or not; my opinion is that they're fake. I could be wrong but I hope not.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 06:50 PM
Dresta

Re: If the spoilers for Deathly Hallows are true... (no spoilers)

Originally posted by Solo
This is going to be so very terrible. There are a million better ways to go about things.

http://www.zendurl.com/hallows/

Those, are the supposedly legit spoilers.

I think they're fake, because

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It says Ron dies, yet in the Epilogue Ron is still alive, same with Percy.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:15 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Dresta
I think they're fake, because

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It says Ron dies, yet in the Epilogue Ron is still alive, same with Percy.

1) I already pointed that out.

2) There is absolutely no confirmation that the leaked epilogue is true. As I also pointed out, it ends on page 759, when the US edition is confirmed to be 784 pages long. Thus there's 25 pages just...missing.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:20 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I just want to say this title is misleading. There are potential spoilers in this thread, in which it says no spoilers. If I didn't read the part about "These are suppose to be legit spoilers" I would have clicked on the link. Please be more careful about this.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 08:55 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

must not look at list of spoilers...OMG IT'S SOOOO HARD!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:22 PM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by The Phantom
I just want to say this title is misleading. There are potential spoilers in this thread, in which it says no spoilers. If I didn't read the part about "These are suppose to be legit spoilers" I would have clicked on the link. Please be more careful about this.

Well, there's no unmarked spoilers in the thread itself, so I'd say it's not misleading at all.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:27 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Lana
Well, there's no unmarked spoilers in the thread itself, so I'd say it's not misleading at all.
It says (no spoilers). It's misleading. Once more, if it wasn't labeled in the first post that the link holds legit spoilers I and probably others would have looked at it. It's misleading.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 09:39 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

this is bad... Deathly hallows, the whole book, has been leaked on bittorrent. this isn't god for harry potter fans who are waiting for the boos to come out. so i urge you to stay away from anytorrent websites if you dont want to have the book spoiled for you. Also remember use the spoiler highlight to hide anything about the book. And if you spoil it for me i will go on a rage that will make voldemorts reighn look like it was ruled by carebears.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:24 PM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by ndfreak
this is bad... Deathly hallows, the whole book, has been leaked on bittorrent. this isn't god for harry potter fans who are waiting for the boos to come out. so i urge you to stay away from anytorrent websites if you dont want to have the book spoiled for you. Also remember use the spoiler highlight to hide anything about the book. And if you spoil it for me i will go on a rage that will make voldemorts reighn look like it was ruled by carebears.
That just may be a way to kill him then. Think of him like a carebear.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:32 PM
exanda kane

In all fairness, Solo did not post any spoilers in the thread, and it would be harsh to argue that a link is a spoiler in itself. What other people posted does not make the thread a misleading title; it is quite clear, (no spoilers).

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 04:59 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by exanda kane
In all fairness, Solo did not post any spoilers in the thread, and it would be harsh to argue that a link is a spoiler in itself. What other people posted does not make the thread a misleading title; it is quite clear, (no spoilers).
Potential spoilers were in the link. No proof denies the fact they are real spoilers.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 08:58 PM
exanda kane

Potential spoilers were in the link. No proof denies the fact they are real spoilers.

You have nitpicked so much, that you seem to be blurring the reality and your own assumptions here. Why place emphasis on such a trivial detail when it's blatant to anyone with any reading comprehension that he did not, in fact post a spoiler on this page?

He posted a link to a spoiler, with a spoiler warning. The title is not misleading at all.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:44 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

You have nitpicked so much, that you seem to be blurring the reality and your own assumptions here. Why place emphasis on such a trivial detail when it's blatant to anyone with any reading comprehension that he did not, in fact post a spoiler on this page?

He posted a link to a spoiler, with a spoiler warning. The title is not misleading at all.
-_- Whatever.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:57 PM
exanda kane

If your going to level whining at anyone, level it at the mods who posted spoilers.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:04 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

If your going to level whining at anyone, level it at the mods who posted spoilers.
I finished it at whatever. Relax man.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 10:06 PM