KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » So who were the additional characters that she killed? (SPOILERS!!)

So who were the additional characters that she killed? (SPOILERS!!)
Started by: lionlover2053

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionlover2053

So who were the additional characters that she killed? (SPOILERS!!)

JK said in an interview awhile back that 2 more characters would die whom she had not originally intended, and one character gained a reprieve.

For those of us who have finished Book 7 (which was fantastic), I just thought it might be interesting to start a thread where we speculate on which two would have lived and who WOULD HAVE died.

SPOILERS...

I personally believe that Lupin and Fred Weasley were not originally going to die. As for who got a reprieve, I think Hagrid was supposed to die but she revised it so that he didn't.

Anyone else?...your guess is as good as mine.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:33 AM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

The reprieve was Arthur Weasley.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:38 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

The books had a massive hint of alternate ending to it, I believe in an alternate ending which the publishers wanted changed; Harry died.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:40 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

You sound pretty sure.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:41 AM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lionlover2053
You sound pretty sure.
Which one you talking to?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:42 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
The books had a massive hint of alternate ending to it, I believe in an alternate ending which the publishers wanted changed; Harry died.

I don't believe the publishers wanted it changed, I don't think they have that sort of power, not with a series as popular as this.... But I agree that there may very well have been a change from it, made by JKR, for JKR.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:43 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I don't believe the publishers wanted it changed, I don't think they have that sort of power, not with a series as popular as this.... But I agree that there may very well have been a change from it, made by JKR, for JKR.

Whatever the reason, I think it's a bit of a shame. It could have been a very compelling tragedy, even if she just hadn't included the epilogue. I believe killing off Ron or Hermione would have been a good idea as well, rather Mercutio-esque.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:51 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

I was talking to you Phantom, about Arthur Weasley. You sounded sure.

As for an alternate ending in which Harry died, I disagree with whoever said that. I think JK has been planning a way out for Harry ever since book 4 when it says in the book that after Harry told Dumbledore about how Voldemort came back, that Dumbledore had a "gleam of triumph" in his eye.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:53 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I was talking to you Phantom, about Arthur Weasley. You sounded sure.

As for an alternate ending in which Harry died, I disagree with whoever said that. I think JK has been planning a way out for Harry ever since book 4 when it says in the book that after Harry told Dumbledore about how Voldemort came back, that Dumbledore had a "gleam of triumph" in his eye.
I am. JKR said it in an interview.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:54 AM
lionlover2053

Do you have a link to that interview?...Either way what you're saying is believable, I was just saying that you sounded sure...so there must be something backing up your stance.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:56 AM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Whatever the reason, I think it's a bit of a shame. It could have been a very compelling tragedy, even if she just hadn't included the epilogue. I believe killing off Ron or Hermione would have been a good idea as well, rather Mercutio-esque.
Well, it wouldn't really be a tragedy, as it wouldn't just be Harry dying, Voldemort would also... but I do think it may have been better for it. I'm sort of happy that id didn't happen though, leaves possibilities for another book.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:57 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Do you have a link to that interview?...Either way what you're saying is believable, I was just saying that you sounded sure...so there must be something backing up your stance.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

The link is also in the thread on the Encyclopedia thread.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:58 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it wouldn't really be a tragedy, as it wouldn't just be Harry dying, Voldemort would also... but I do think it may have been better for it. I'm sort of happy that id didn't happen though, leaves possibilities for another book.

Yeah, you're right wouldn't be a tragedy in the classic sense, but as Ron and Hermione have both also had 7 books with them as central characters, it would certainly not be a comedy.

I agree, no matter what people are saying, I'd like to see another book released. Mainly because I honestly can't see JKR bettering this piece of work, or even equalling it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:01 AM
TheVapor
Hero

compared to what she described she would include in the encyclopedia the epilogue seems pretty pale by comparrison.

as The Phantom said the reprieve was arthur weasley. The two that took his place were Lupin, and Tonks. a real shame as i perticularly like her. however her death would have been far more tragic if we actually knew how she died. all we see is what Harry see's: her lying on a table. however i just assumer that her, and her husband were killed by Fenrir Greyback.

Last edited by TheVapor on Jul 25th, 2007 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:06 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by TheVapor
there isn't going to be another book except for a possible encyclopedia JK says she may work on. she spoke of revealing what happens to all of the charachters as well as the wizarding world as a whole. makes the epilogue look a little pale in comparison, eh?

She never said there wasn't going to be another book.... She just says she has no current plans to write one.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:08 AM
TheVapor
Hero

She never said there wasn't going to be another book.... She just says she has no current plans to write one.

i really do belive it should end though. lots of star wars fans want another trilogy, but many claim the story was about Anakin [which in retrospect it was] and so it's not befitting to do any more movies. Just the same, the story of the Harry Potter books has been the struggle between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort is dead and gone forever, and continuing the story off of the epilogue would make the next book feel too much like a sequel. To tell you the truth, i just want this encyclopedia, and let it be at that. What i really would like, would be for JK to write another completely different series, or maybe just a stand-alone book.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:41 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

i really do belive it should end though. lots of star wars fans want another trilogy, but many claim the story was about Anakin [which in retrospect it was] and so it's not befitting to do any more movies. Just the same, the story of the Harry Potter books has been the struggle between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort is dead and gone forever, and continuing the story off of the epilogue would make the next book feel too much like a sequel. To tell you the truth, i just want this encyclopedia, and let it be at that. What i really would like, would be for JK to write another completely different series, or maybe just a stand-alone book.

She'll lucas out, and when her billion dollars starts to run dry, she'll release "The adventures of Albus Potter."

erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:58 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Soljer
She'll lucas out, and when her billion dollars starts to run dry, she'll release "The adventures of Albus Potter."

erm.
Unlikely. Rowling doesn't have the whorish qualities of Lucas. I don't think she'd ever sell out.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'd honestly like to know who the "fifty others" who died in the Battle of Hogwarts are

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:14 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Strangelove
Unlikely. Rowling doesn't have the whorish qualities of Lucas. I don't think she'd ever sell out.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'd honestly like to know who the "fifty others" who died in the Battle of Hogwarts are

No one thought Lucas would, either. Till he did.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:20 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

compared to what she described she would include in the encyclopedia the epilogue seems pretty pale by comparrison.

as The Phantom said the reprieve was arthur weasley. The two that took his place were Lupin, and Tonks. a real shame as i perticularly like her. however her death would have been far more tragic if we actually knew how she died. all we see is what Harry see's: her lying on a table. however i just assumer that her, and her husband were killed by Fenrir Greyback.

I want to know how those two died, too...I don't think they were killed by Greyback, though. That would have been mentioned as they'd've looked rather torn up if that were the case.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote