KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Favorite scene from DH? (SPOILERS!)

Favorite scene from DH? (SPOILERS!)
Started by: lionlover2053

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionlover2053

Favorite scene from DH? (SPOILERS!)

So now that some of us have finished the epic journey, I thought it'd be cool to see what some of people's favorite scenes were. I liked a lot of them, but I'll just give one:

In the Kings Cross chapter, I LOVED the part when Dumbledore first spoke and said: "Harry,"..."You wonderful boy. You brave, brave man." This is the first time that I remember Dumbledore or anyone in the story fully recognizing Harry as a man. As any guy knows, the first time your father (or father figure) refers to you as a man is a great feeling. I felt Harry had it coming a long time and it meant extra from Dumbledore, the way he said it gently and soooo proudly, because he truly saw Harry as a man.

Just my two cents tho lol...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:39 AM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Hermione kissing Ron when he defends the house elves.... It made me giggle like a school girl.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:41 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the bit where Ron came back, pulling Harry out of the pool with the words ''Are you mental''.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:43 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I love the scene where Hermione kissed Ron, but my favorite scene would have to be the one where Bellatrix goes to kill Ginny, misses, and the Mrs. Weasley's reaction. I loved it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:44 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by danielle marie.
I love the scene where Hermione kissed Ron, but my favorite scene would have to be the one where Bellatrix goes to kill Ginny, misses, and the Mrs. Weasley's reaction. I loved it.
Yeah, that really made me smile.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:46 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionlover2053

Honorable mention is of course:

Mrs. Weasley screaming, "NOT MY DAUGHTER, B*TCH!" at Bellatrix before battle.

I liked it once Harry was shown Neville and the DA's hiding spot, and learned about their rebellion.

The scene in the forest with them listening to that radio show was great too.

And obviously the entire Battle of Hogwarts chapter was astounding.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:48 AM
lionlover2053 is currently offline Click here to Send lionlover2053 a Private Message Find more posts by lionlover2053 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another great one, is where Kreacher leads the house elves into battle against the death eaters.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:53 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Another great one, is where Kreacher leads the house elves into battle against the death eaters.
Haha, yeah... Ugly little bastard.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:55 AM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

YES. That was amazing.

And personally, I love the scene where Ron comes back and is telling them about how he heard Hermione's voice say his name in the Deluminator. That was priceless.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 02:56 AM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVapor
Hero

i choose to have a favorite chapter overall, then a scene and that chapter is: The Princes Tale

Snape has become something of a favorite charachter as he [to some extent] is a mirror of me. I loved this chapter because it's something of a redemption for him. There was the proof that he was truly good all along and acting on Dumbledore's orders, and as instructed gave Harry his crucial infomation. But even more so i loved the developing story of him and Lily, because the way it played out was in some ways an echo of my past, and present.

but as for a favorite scene, i feel i must choose the escape from Gringots.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:27 AM
TheVapor is currently offline Click here to Send TheVapor a Private Message Find more posts by TheVapor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

The Prince's Tale was definitely my favorite chapter. I always knew Snape was a good guy at heart!

But my favorite part was definitely when Harry accepted the fact he had to die, and just walked into his fate. I just imagined this wicked powerful scene with him heading into the forest, with the ghosts of his loved ones by his side.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:35 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The Battle of Hogwarts was by far the most exciting chapter

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 04:26 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

- Ron and Hermione FINALLY kissing...only took them seven years...
- Percy redeeming himself
- Lupin showing off the picture of Teddy to try and distract everyone when Percy turns up (giggled so much at that)
- Molly going nuts on Bellatrix
- Kreacher leading the house-elves
- Harry and Voldemort's final confrontation

Just a few stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:00 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Lana
- Ron and Hermione FINALLY kissing...only took them seven years...
- Lupin showing off the picture of Teddy to try and distract everyone when Percy turns up (giggled so much at that)

Just a few stick out tongue
Lana pinpointed all the good ones.

Just wanna add the whole thing with McGonagal with her hair down and all crazy with the desks yelling "Charge!"

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:16 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by The Phantom
Lana pinpointed all the good ones.

Just wanna add the whole thing with McGonagal with her hair down and all crazy with the desks yelling "Charge!"

Oh god yes.

I really, really feel the need to draw that.

That and Trelawney bombing people with crystal balls. How priceless is that?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:21 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Oh god yes.

I really, really feel the need to draw that.

That and Trelawney bombing people with crystal balls. How priceless is that?
And to think she was only useful for the prophecy.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 05:22 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

The Locket scene was great and the scene when ron and hermione kissed full freakin tongue...WOO!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 06:36 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yup, loved all those, especially Molly's superbitch killing of Bellatrix. It was hilarious and heart-poundingly exciting at the same time

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 07:13 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faeries_Ascendn
Vongola Mafioso

well i said to myself before i read it, as long as ron & hermione kiss at some point in DH then it will be a good book, whatever else happens xDD i got my wish lol also teh whole Snape/Lily thing was sooooooooooo awesome, i love snape so much now~!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 11:41 AM
Faeries_Ascendn is currently offline Click here to Send Faeries_Ascendn a Private Message Find more posts by Faeries_Ascendn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

- Percy going after Rookwood (hope he got the sob)
- Harry telling Albus Severus that he was named after two headmasters of Hogwarts and that one of them was a Slytherin and probably the bravest man he ever knew.
- The fact that Neville's grandmother was proud of him and that she put some guy that came after her in St. Mungo's.
- Harry walking past Ginny when he went to meet his death in the forbidden forest
- All the ones who were fighting the Death Eaters at Hogwarts couldn't believe Harry was dead when Hagrid carried him back to the castle with Voldemort.

Last edited by Hybris on Jul 25th, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 11:42 AM
Hybris is currently offline Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote