KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The "King's Cross" Vision Speculations [Warning - SPOILERS]

The "King's Cross" Vision Speculations [Warning - SPOILERS]
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The "King's Cross" Vision Speculations [Warning - SPOILERS]

I don't believe there is a thread dedicated to discussing this particular scene that interests me, so I decided to make it.

There are several very interesting things that happen in this vision of Harry's, the first of which is the squirming, wailing, pitiful thing stuffed underneath a chair.
Harry brings it up several times and every time, Dumbledore dismissively insists that they cannot help it. It also seems very random and non-related to the scene itself.

Any speculations or hints as to what this creature might mean, symbolically or literally?

I think it might be Dumbledore's daughter or something representing that. Honestly I have no clue.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:10 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkC
I don't believe there is a thread dedicated to discussing this particular scene that interests me, so I decided to make it.

There are several very interesting things that happen in this vision of Harry's, the first of which is the squirming, wailing, pitiful thing stuffed underneath a chair.
Harry brings it up several times and every time, Dumbledore dismissively insists that they cannot help it. It also seems very random and non-related to the scene itself.

Any speculations or hints as to what this creature might mean, symbolically or literally?

I think it might be Dumbledore's daughter or something representing that. Honestly I have no clue.
The part of Voldemort's soul that was in Harry.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:23 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeanTerry727

Originally posted by The Phantom

I believe it was that !! or Tonks's Son( Doubt it though))

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:28 AM
SeanTerry727 is currently offline Click here to Send SeanTerry727 a Private Message Find more posts by SeanTerry727 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by SeanTerry727
I believe it was that !! or Tonks's Son( Doubt it though))
No way Tonk's son. Why would it be her son?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:10 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

It was the bit of Voldemort's soul that resided within Harry.

....I thought it was damn near crystal from the reading...erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:13 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Hmmm, I thought it would have been already dead instead of wailing piteously. Very good guess though.

And why King's Cross, out of all places?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:16 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Soljer

I thought so too. clearly it was Voldemort, or Voldermort's soul, he was no longer with Harry, it was just Harry from that point on.

just remember how Voldemort looked like in the fourth book,before regaining a body:

"Cedric's body was lying some twenty feet away. Some way beyond him, glinting
in the starlight, lay the Triwizard Cup. Harry's wand was on the ground at Cedric's
feet. The bundle of robes that Harry had thought was a baby was close by, at the
foot of the grave. It seemed to be stirring fretfully. Harry watched it, and his scar seared with pain again . . . and he suddenly knew that he didn't want to see what
was in those robes ... he didn't want that bundle opened....

....Wormtail pulled open the robes on the ground, revealing what was inside them,
and Harry let out a yell that was strangled in the wad of material blocking his
mouth.
It was as though Wormtail had flipped over a stone and revealed something ugly,
slimy, and blind - but worse, a hundred times worse. The thing Wormtail had been
carrying had the shape of a crouched human child, except that Harry had never
seen anything less like a child. It was hairless and scaly-looking, a dark, raw,
reddish black. Its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face - no child alive
ever had a face like that - flat and snakelike, with gleaming red eyes."

why King's Cross? I think that's pretty clear too: it is sort of like a Crossroad, a decision he has to make, whether move on to the next life (board a train)or come back to life and finished everything 8get out of the station).

"“Oh yes.” Dumbledore smiled at him. “We are in King’s Cross, you say?
I think that if you decided not to go back, you would be able to . . . let’s say
. . . board a train.”
“And where would it take me?”
“On,” said Dumbledore simply. ....

... “I think,” said Dumbledore, ”that if you choose to return, there is a chance
that he may be finished for good. I cannot promise it. But I know this, Harry,
that you have less to fear from returning here than he does.”

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Jul 26th, 2007 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:23 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Originally posted by Soljer

I gotta agree

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:25 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Think outside the box, D wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:09 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Re: The "King's Cross" Vision Speculations [Warning - SPOILERS]

Originally posted by DarkC

I found this chapter very confusing.So the only thing I told myself was that harry was in middle of taking a train to Heaven and was waiting.It was his choice.
I am glad he picked to go back to his friends.It would be interesting however if he had just left to stay with Dumbore.Wish they exclaim that part a lot better but I guess we may never know.jm confused

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 12:23 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

The thing is, Harry would never have gone with Dumbledore. They could promise him anything, and he'd never abandon his friends... he'd finally accepted he had to finish Riddle. Only he could do it, at any cost.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 12:45 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I thought King's Cross was a great chapter. I'm gonna whack the next person who denies the implicit Christian meaning in Harry Potter after ol' Harry pulls an "Aslan" on us.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 02:47 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasonowens4200

i didnt know dumbledore had a daughter

And why King's Cross, out of all places?

like a crossroad which train to take back to reality or to heaven

and i thought it was pretty clear that it was part of voldemorts sould that lived in harry

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 03:25 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

It was the Horcrux inside Harry. The part of Voldemort's soul that had stuck onto Mr Harry Potter. Voldemort was so obsessed with not facing death, he hadn't considered the implications of his wellbeing in the after life. He was soo stuck on staying alive that he didn't consider what he might be like when he died. He was soooo concerned about power in life, the ultimate irony for him was that after death, he was extremely powerless. By comparison, Harry and Dumbledore who had both realised death wasn't such a bad thing, were perfectly fine when they had faced down the grim reaper. Voldemort looked rather ugly and weak.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:52 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by exanda kane
I thought King's Cross was a great chapter. I'm gonna whack the next person who denies the implicit Christian meaning in Harry Potter after ol' Harry pulls an "Aslan" on us.
But Harry didn't really die... The part of Voldemort in him took the blow.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:55 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Depends on how you interpret his surroundings. If you interpret King's Cross as not merely a train station but some limbo or afterlife like setting then technically Harry did die yes

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:59 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the reason the scene took place in Kings Cross station is because it's where Harry felt most safe. It symbolises everything to him that is the wizarding world, it was one o the first places he saw other wizards, his fellow pupils and where he first met the Weasleys, his practically adopted family.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 12:23 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

You're just refusing to belief the absurd truth aren't ya? wink

Harry met death on his own terms. He sacrificed himself for the sake of everyone else, ended up in his own little purgatory and subsequently returns to life. Sounds a bit like a resurrection to me.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 12:44 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yes, but that part of Voldemort was essentially a part of Harry.

If it died, a fraction of Harry would have as well. So technically he still did die.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 02:26 PM
jasonowens4200

well harry said i got to go back havent i? and DD said its up to you, you have a choice and DD said that were in kings cross you say? I think if you decide not to go back, you would be able to ... lets say... board a train which harry replies where would it take me? and DD says ON ..... so to me that seems he is half dead half alive and can choose what he wants to do I agree with DarkC part of him did die hinse he has a choice

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:24 PM
jasonowens4200 is currently offline Click here to Send jasonowens4200 a Private Message Find more posts by jasonowens4200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote