KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Deathly Hallows Epilogue (Spoilers, obviously)

Deathly Hallows Epilogue (Spoilers, obviously)
Started by: zombieman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zombieman
The Undead

Deathly Hallows Epilogue (Spoilers, obviously)

I absolutely loved the 19 years later part, it was so emotive and felt like a really natural ending to the series. However, I have only one question that will be forever unanswered - What did Harry, Ron and Hermionie do for careers? I think it was a bit unfair of JK not to put this in, especially since she informed us that Neville became a Professor.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 12:03 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

it was a nice ending. it was a tad bit cheesy and simple but after so much death and destruction it is about time they get happiness

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 12:15 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zombieman
I absolutely loved the 19 years later part, it was so emotive and felt like a really natural ending to the series. However, I have only one question that will be forever unanswered - What did Harry, Ron and Hermionie do for careers? I think it was a bit unfair of JK not to put this in, especially since she informed us that Neville became a Professor.

She exposed on an NBC 'TODAY' interview what they did. However, I can't recall exactly what she said. Try to find the interview on youtube, or a transcript, or something of that sort.

She'll also go into much more detail concerning...well...everything with her 'encyclopedia.'

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:11 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I disliked the 19 years later bit, it was corny and far too short.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:45 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IcyMag3
Fanfic Crazy

Point that it was corny and short made me like it. It's finally time for a happy every after.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 01:56 PM
IcyMag3 is currently offline Click here to Send IcyMag3 a Private Message Find more posts by IcyMag3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

Harry and Ron became AURORs!!

Rupert Grint is KING!

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Last edited by Joy2dWorld on Jul 26th, 2007 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:06 PM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I disliked the 19 years later bit, it was corny and far too short.

Ditto. And it only focussed on the trio and frankly...I don't care about any of them. I'd've rather heard some more about some of the other characters.

Though one of my friends commented that Hermione and Ron probably named their daughter Rose after having a fight where Hermione shouted "YOU'RE NOT NAMING HER RON!" at him, which I found very funny and very in-character for those two stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ndfreak
Master Chief

ran and harry are aurors( harry's the head auror). Hermione's high up in magical law enforcement. Luna's a naturalist, living and exploring in the wild. Hogwarts has a new headmaster and new DADA teacher. More will be told on the characters in her encyclopedia.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:26 PM
ndfreak is currently offline Click here to Send ndfreak a Private Message Find more posts by ndfreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by ndfreak
Luna's a naturalist.

Somehow, I'm not too sure about that.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:35 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Barker
Somehow, I'm not too sure about that.

“I think that Luna is now traveling the world looking for various mad creatures,” Rowling said. “She’s a naturalist, whatever the wizarding equivalent of that is.”

Hmm.

Naturalist equals Nudist, right?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:03 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

“I think that Luna is now traveling the world looking for various mad creatures,” Rowling said. “She’s a naturalist, whatever the wizarding equivalent of that is.”

Hmm.

Naturalist equals Nudist, right?
I'd believe it.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:28 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

Luna a nudist? Icky! blink

Who complained about it being short? Well I think that was because it was writen before the 5th book so she didn't want to tie herself to too much. The only part I thought were cheesy (like feet) were their childrens names... *sigh* when will people learn to give they're children their own name but not a weird name like... grass! *sigh* *sigh* *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:36 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Arianna

Who complained about it being short? Well I think that was because it was writen before the 5th book so she didn't want to tie herself to too much. The only part I thought were cheesy (like feet) were their childrens names... *sigh* when will people learn to give they're children their own name but not a weird name like... grass! *sigh* *sigh* *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
She rewrite it when writing book 7...

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:40 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Naturalist equals Nudist, right? [/B]

Is that not a Naturist?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:48 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I would ask how someone being a nudist is icky, but then I saw your age...

And the entire thing is cheesy. And considering that the wizarding world tends to use a lot of strange names anyway (take a look at the Black family for examples of this), they're not THAT strange.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:53 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Haha, you make it sound as if she was forced to make up and end and stick to it, she herself admits she tweaked the end, she could have made the epilogue at least the same sort of lengths as her chapters. I just hope the film makes it longer using bits from the encyclopedia JKR has been talking about.

The whole thing was just too happy and insignificant after it being such a dark book in the series.

And Luna being a nudist fits her character perfectly.

But these are all just my opinions, naturally.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:27 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
it was a nice ending. it was a tad bit cheesy and simple but after so much death and destruction it is about time they get happiness

I think the simplisity of it all is what made it a perfect ending for the book. It's what Harry always wanted to be...

I LOVE YOU SIGNATURE BY THE WAY

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:46 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

yeah i wasnt too into the epilogue either, it was too cheesy and out of place in such a dark book for me. they completely tricked me on him dying though, i was so pissed off. that was good.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 12:19 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smrtss19

I thought it was a bit corny when she wrote about Harry and the kids, bu t Ron's part was hilarious!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 12:50 AM
smrtss19 is currently offline Click here to Send smrtss19 a Private Message Find more posts by smrtss19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Naturalist - A person interested in natural history is known as a naturalist or natural historian.

Naturist - The terms naturism, nudism and social nudity are generally defined as the practice of going nude, especially in a mixed social setting. The terms naturism and nudism generally also mean that the activities are done in non-sexualized, family-friendly contexts. The usage and definition of these terms varies geographically and historically. Those who practice naturism are called naturists, those who practice nudism are called nudists.

big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 12:31 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote