KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Have the films affected your view?

Have the films affeccted your view on the books?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Haven't seen the film 1 10.00%
Haven't read the book 1 10.00%
It's not affected my imagination at all 3 30.00%
I suppose I see things differently 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Have the films affected your view?
Started by: miss_swann

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have the films affected your view?

self explanitory, I myself have avoided the films because I know my imagination is good enough and there's no budget or time restriction on it.

Do you find that the films limit your imagination of places or people and you see the actor in your head? Do you see the set of the film as you read?

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:28 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surio
I wish magic was real. :(

Limit, maybe, but I find it hard to concentrate while reading and sometimes accidentally skip character descriptions, which sucks, but the movies sort of help in that area. Weird, I know.

Edit: For example, I always pictured Luna with having blue hair. Don't ask why.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:39 PM
Surio is currently offline Click here to Send Surio a Private Message Find more posts by Surio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surio
Edit: For example, I always pictured Luna with having blue hair. Don't ask why.

FREAK !!!

XD

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 01:22 AM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by miss_swann
self explanitory, I myself have avoided the films because I know my imagination is good enough and there's no budget or time restriction on it.

Do you find that the films limit your imagination of places or people and you see the actor in your head? Do you see the set of the film as you read?

Yes I do, to some extent. Like, I hear the actors for the various character's voices in my head when I read their lines and their facial expressions.

The movies really butcher the books in some parts, especially #3 and #5, which I absolutely loathe.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:02 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

They even said in the books Luna's hair is blonde...You'd have to be a tard to think it's blue.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 05:20 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surio
I wish magic was real. :(

Originally posted by ~KoK!~
They even said in the books Luna's hair is blonde...You'd have to be a tard to think it's blue.

My head... wanderes... when I read, so even though I read the descriptions, they don't sink in, and when I read the word Luna, my mind went to an anime character or something, thus Luna=Blue hair.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:36 PM
Surio is currently offline Click here to Send Surio a Private Message Find more posts by Surio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

My imagination was in no way "limited" as you say, but some of Rowling's descriptions are very base and aspects of the film and casting hacve undoubtedly had an effect on the read. For example, I always imagined Lupin with glasses, a kind of tartan trilby hat, carrying his suitcase everywhere.

I still did when reading the last book, but the small characterisation, the small nuances of the character added by David Thwelis filled in the gaps in the pictures Rowling paints.

I guess it goes to show however, that the art production of the films is spot on.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 06:02 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

My image of Snape and Voldemort has changed from my own interpretation to the movie version. I prefer my own imaginary Snape to a greasy haired Alan Rickman any day yes

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 09:25 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Voldemort's voice is WAY off, my imaginary one is better.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:32 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote