KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Who would take over?

Who would take over?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Who would take over?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Who do you think took over snape as hogwarts headmaster when he died? Or who would you would you think is qualified to take over as headmaster...however you wanna put it

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 08:06 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

McGonagall. She is the deputy headmistress after all.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 08:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Well...I thought she retired as headmaster before or something?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 08:18 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
McGonagall. She is the deputy headmistress after all.

Aye... No doubt there.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 08:31 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by steverules
Well...I thought she retired as headmaster before or something?

Umm...no? She took over in CoS when Dumbledore was forced out and the only reason she didn't in OotP was because of Umbridge and the Ministry.

19 years later there's someone else in charge but there's no doubt that McGonagall becomes the headmistress.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 08:56 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Oooh I see, ok

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 09:07 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Actually, in an interview, Rowling says that McGonagall retired after book 7, so she didn't become headmistress. Maybe Flitwick? Or else Sprout, since Neville became the Herbology teacher? I doubt Hagrid did, and then somebody unknown could very well have taken over.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:24 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kingsley or some other member of the Order, or Harry.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:44 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kingsley or some other member of the Order, or Harry.

Kingsley became Minister.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:07 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, in an interview, Rowling says that McGonagall retired after book 7, so she didn't become headmistress. Maybe Flitwick? Or else Sprout, since Neville became the Herbology teacher? I doubt Hagrid did, and then somebody unknown could very well have taken over.

No. That is not what was said. And I covered this already.

By the time of the epilogue (also known as 19 years later) McGonagall had retired. Nothing says she did right away. And considering the shambles everything was in, I don't see her just retiring anyway. She's the type who would do all she could to put things right.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:53 AM
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

JK left too many things unexplained as always she so needs to do an epilogue book she should be a slytherin lol

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:27 AM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Rowling said in a book 7 interview that an unknown, new character would become headmaster/headmistress and it would be dealt with in the encyclopedia that she might make yes

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:00 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The most probable answer is that McGonagall took over for a time, and then retired due to her age.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:32 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

It doesn't really matter. If you consider it carefully you will see that the most excellent wizards went for other careers then Headmasters or Headmistress of Hogwarts. It was only DD, in the recent centuries, from the league of extraordinary wizards that went for that career.
He could be anything that he wanted. Rejected the post of minister couple of times because he feared power, and the possibilities of being corrupted and spoiled (King Cross “ I couldn’t be trusted with power”)

So it doesn’t matter as I said, because I don't believe that Hogwarts would ever have such an extraordinary Headmaster as Albus Dumbledore. Just compare it for example the Headmasters and Headmistress of the Bulgarian and French school? Do you think that they are the best wizards in France or Bulgaria? Hardly....

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 01:50 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Originally posted by tigress
JK left too many things unexplained as always she so needs to do an epilogue book she should be a slytherin lol

Now that's the truth. Out of 7 books, I can't believe that the epilogue was as shabby as it was. Way too much was left out, who was headmaster is only one of the many questions I was left wondering. With the wizardy world in the shape that it was in (total chaos) I was really interested in how they recooperated. In this case, it would have been great to see how Hogwarts was. Did parents refuse to let their kids return? What about Professors, etc.?

With the epilogue being 19 years later, it would have been great to see who the headmaster was.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:21 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Does anyone have a clue on the careers that Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had? I was anxious to know what they had made of themselves in the wizarding world. I just wasn't as in to "oh, look at the kids going to Hogwarts."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 01:51 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hom3r
DOH

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Does anyone have a clue on the careers that Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had? I was anxious to know what they had made of themselves in the wizarding world. I just wasn't as in to "oh, look at the kids going to Hogwarts."

I think this was it.

Harry - Auror

Ron - Work for Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, then later becomes an Auror

Hermione - Works for the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. then later moves to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Ginny - Played for the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team for a time, then leaves to establish a family with Harry and later becomes the lead Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.

Those are Rowling commentary herself.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 05:34 AM
hom3r is currently offline Click here to Send hom3r a Private Message Find more posts by hom3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote