KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » _____ vs. _____

Is this thread a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I like it, I wish we had a versus section even! 14 56.00%
Yes, it's pretty cool, but we don't need a versus section 5 20.00%
Meh, if you like it fine but I'm not a big fan of versus 3 12.00%
No, I dislike versus threads 0 0%
No, I hate versus threads, this should be locked! 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

_____ vs. _____
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

_____ vs. _____

Okay, I asked Raz like a month ago if we could make a Harry Potter versus section, and he never responded, so I give up, I'll just make a versus thread, hope that's okay.

Rules:
Answer the question above you, then ask another one. Just one other one, and please keep the battles between HP characters only! Debates are fine as well, encouraged, even. I'll start us off:

Filius Flitwick vs. Minerva McGonagall

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:15 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:26 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I don't how powerful Flitwick is, but I doubt it matters. McGongall took four stunning curses to the chest and survived, while Sirius only died after one. Is the fight to the death?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:41 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Absolutely not.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm personally in agreement with darthsith19 when it comes to versus threads; as much as I lack knowledge of Star Wars in comparison to the regulars in the SWVF, I can appreciate how fun debating power levels can get in that forum especially, and HP almost has as much potential in that respect.

As for the battle: McGonagall. The skill she displays in her duel with Snape was pretty awesome, moving faster than Harry believed possible, and almost overpowering Snape. As mentioned, she was also able to duel with Voldemort, along with Kingsley and Slughorn, and I'm of the opinion that only the best of the Order members would have actively sought out Voldemort during the battle, and Flitwick wasn't one of them.

Bellatrix Lestrange vs. Serverus Snape

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 01:56 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I also agree with darthsith19 here, as for Bellatrix Lestrange vs. Serverus Snape I think Snape will eat her for breakfast. She does not posses any special power or knowledge except being a core supporter of Lord Voldermort. What makes her dangerous is the presence or closeness to the Dark Lord and the fact that she is very evil. So Snape is or rather was the bravest member of the Order of the Phoenix.

Siriuse Black vs. Lucius Malfoy

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 02:20 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Sirius Black. He was intelligent enough to become an Animagus when he was still in school, and did well in the Department of Mysteries up until the point where he fought Bellatrix. Also, we haven't seen anything spectacular from Lucius Malfoy.

Moody vs. Kingsley.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:29 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

Definately Kingsley, Moody is way past his best and living of reputation, Kingsley has shown himself to be one of the most powerful members of the order of the pheonix and being able to fight multiple Death Eaters at once.

And yes make a section, so we can have proper discussions.

Slughorn vs Dolohov

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 12:58 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

About Moody, I agree, but in his day Moody could probably win since he's supposed to be like the best ever.

I'd guess Slughorn, but am not sure, but he fought Voldemort alongside McGonagall and Flitwick and put up a good fight, I'd guess he's up with those 2. Plus he's an old friend of Dumbledore's and he and Dumbledore worked together to fix his house, making it seem like they are kinda equals, not really but somewhat. Dolohov did beat Moody, but got taken out in book 5, can't remember who did it, he also may have killed Lupin and/or Tonks, so this is close, but my vote goes to Slughorn, except he is kinda cocky, too.

quote:
McGongall took four stunning curses to the chest and survived, while Sirius only died after one.

Yeah, and she had to go to St. Mungo's, Hagrid took like a hundred and kept moving. Plus the one didn't kill Sirius, it was the fact that he fell through the veil that killed him, one just stunned him.

I agree that Sirius beats Malfoy, he is up with James and Lupin, Lupin took out Malfoy in book 5, we've never seen Malfoy do anything impressive even. And Sirius even toyed with Bellatrix, though foolishly, cause she did kill him, but still, Bella would own Lucius.

quote:
The skill she displays in her duel with Snape was pretty awesome, moving faster than Harry believed possible, and almost overpowering Snape.

Agreed, but Snape was caught by surprise and wasn't trying to kill her. Plus Flitwick saved her ass in the end.

quote:
As mentioned, she was also able to duel with Voldemort, along with Kingsley and Slughorn

Oh yeah, I thought it was Flitwick and Slughorn, but yeah, it was Kingsley.

quote:
and I'm of the opinion that only the best of the Order members would have actively sought out Voldemort during the battle, and Flitwick wasn't one of them.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Voldemort went after one of them and the otehr two went and rescued the single. Perhaps Flitwick had his hands wrapped up killing Dolohov, blasting away giants or fighting multiple death eaters at once. You never know.

Madam Maxime vs. Bellatrix Lestrange

Last edited by darthsith19 on Aug 7th, 2007 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 01:11 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I must disagree with some of the assessments made regarding Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy; while it is true that we haven't seen a lot of spectacular or even considerable magical prowess from Lucius -- it also must be taken into consideration that the majority of Harry's encounters with him have been mainly political and through dialogue rather than magical combat -- even during the fiasco in the Ministry. Furthermore, it also must be taken into consideration that as martial as the Order of the Phoenix is, Voldemort's supporters and Death Eaters are much moreso. Their ranks are devised solely on power and skill, and during the infiltration of the Ministry, Lucius was higher placed on the Death Eater's totem pole of power than even Bellatrix. One must assume that they are, on the very least, on par.

And then one must take into account Bellatrix's own proficiency. She was able to outduel and defeat Sirius Black and Kingsley Shackelbolt -- killing the former and merely beating the latter -- two very powerful wizards in their own right, one of whom (Kingsley) was regarded by Voldemort to be as dangerous as the legendary Mad-Eye Moody. She also managed to evade capture in the Ministry, and even deflected a spell from Albus Dumbledore himself, who is Voldemort's equal (if not superior, given that he was in possession of the Elder Wand).

While I'm certain that Sirius, Lupin, and James all grew up to be immensely powerful, how can we be certain of how strong they are? James, in school, seemed to be a more skilled duelist than Severus Snape, and yet Snape has exhibited talents and skills that neither of the three (even as adults) can compete with in his final years.

I'd say that Malfoy, Snape, and Bellatrix are on the very least, on par with James, Lupin, and Sirius. If anything, Bellatrix and Snape are better.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:49 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideon
I must disagree with some of the assessments made regarding Bellatrix Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy; while it is true that we haven't seen a lot of spectacular or even considerable magical prowess from Lucius -- it also must be taken into consideration that the majority of Harry's encounters with him have been mainly political and through dialogue rather than magical combat -- even during the fiasco in the Ministry. Furthermore, it also must be taken into consideration that as martial as the Order of the Phoenix is, Voldemort's supporters and Death Eaters are much moreso. Their ranks are devised solely on power and skill, and during the infiltration of the Ministry, Lucius was higher placed on the Death Eater's totem pole of power than even Bellatrix. One must assume that they are, on the very least, on par.

And then one must take into account Bellatrix's own proficiency. She was able to outduel and defeat Sirius Black and Kingsley Shackelbolt -- killing the former and merely beating the latter -- two very powerful wizards in their own right, one of whom (Kingsley) was regarded by Voldemort to be as dangerous as the legendary Mad-Eye Moody. She also managed to evade capture in the Ministry, and even deflected a spell from Albus Dumbledore himself, who is Voldemort's equal (if not superior, given that he was in possession of the Elder Wand).

While I'm certain that Sirius, Lupin, and James all grew up to be immensely powerful, how can we be certain of how strong they are? James, in school, seemed to be a more skilled duelist than Severus Snape, and yet Snape has exhibited talents and skills that neither of the three (even as adults) can compete with in his final years.

I'd say that Malfoy, Snape, and Bellatrix are on the very least, on par with James, Lupin, and Sirius. If anything, Bellatrix and Snape are better.
I would say that Snape is considerably stronger then any of the others you mentioned, followed by Bellatrix, Sirius, Lupin and James who are all on a similar level, i would say that Malfoy is considerably weaker than the rest of them.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:11 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, Malfoy got taken out by freaking Dobby the House Elf. Gideon, there's no way in hell he's on par with Bellatrix, Voldemort's 'last and best luitenant'. I'd also like to see your proof for your claim that ranks among the Death Eater are purely based on power, because it makes much more sense that Voldemort simply picked Lucius over Bella because she's wild and reckless, as can be seen when she was trying to force the prophecy away from Harry, whereas Lucius was much calmer and cleverer about the matter. Though I will agree that I can definitely see him being up there in the rankings, behind Bellatrix, Snape and Dolohov perhaps, given the extent to which Voldemort trusted him...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 09:35 AM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I don't how powerful Flitwick is, but I doubt it matters. McGongall took four stunning curses to the chest and survived, while Sirius only died after one. Is the fight to the death?

Sirius was killed by a stunning spell from Bellatrix. As we see in the end of The Deathly Hallows, Bellatrix fought 3 students who were at the end of their education. Althought I have no idea how the hell did Mrs.Weasley beat Bellatrix. That was probably Rowling's stupidest idea in the book.

However, I think Minerva has both the knowledge and power to beat Flitwick, althought Flitwick would be hard to hit because of his height and he knows some usefull spells.

Originally posted by nmensfinest
I'm personally in agreement with darthsith19 when it comes to versus threads; as much as I lack knowledge of Star Wars in comparison to the regulars in the SWVF, I can appreciate how fun debating power levels can get in that forum especially, and HP almost has as much potential in that respect.

As for the battle: McGonagall. The skill she displays in her duel with Snape was pretty awesome, moving faster than Harry believed possible, and almost overpowering Snape. As mentioned, she was also able to duel with Voldemort, along with Kingsley and Slughorn, and I'm of the opinion that only the best of the Order members would have actively sought out Voldemort during the battle, and Flitwick wasn't one of them.

Bellatrix Lestrange vs. Serverus Snape

I'm not sure, but I think that Snape would take this one. Snape was amazing, and he is probably the most powerful charachter in Harry Potter after Voldemort and Dumbeldore. He was taken by surprise when Minerva was right next to him, yet he still blocked the spell. He reacted in miliseconds... So I think Snape takes this one. After that, I would also like to say that Snape would easily overpower Minerva. He jumped out of the window only because he saw the other proffesors coming up. I would also like to add that as we found out later Snape never wanted to kill anyone, therefore he was keeping his full power back from Minerva. I'm sure he could've sent a killing curse at her which would hit her easily. After all, he could read her mind, his reactions are incredible, and he can cast powerful spells without speaking them aloud.

Originally posted by Gideon

I see what your getting at Gideon, but I was never sure if Voldemort took in the Death Eaters by their power levels. Some were notably weaker than the rest. And I didn't see 5th year students having that much of a problem resisting them at the Ministry. If they weren't outnumbered they would've made up a hell of a resistance. And don't you remember how he tried to take Neville in as a Death Eater? He didn't know how powerful Neville was. Voldemort wanted loyal death eaters who were pureblood and who would sacrifice their lives for him. But then, I know he wouldn't take in those who were uneducated in the dark arts. Lucius must be a good wizard, but no match for Sirius. He probably stands at the level of Dolohov or Yaxley.

Originally posted by Council#13
Sirius Black. He was intelligent enough to become an Animagus when he was still in school, and did well in the Department of Mysteries up until the point where he fought Bellatrix. Also, we haven't seen anything spectacular from Lucius Malfoy.

Moody vs. Kingsley.

Kingsley definately, he was a very good auror and he was appointed the most important tasks by the order such as securing the Muggle minister. Moody was way out of his years, but if it was his "days" when he was capturing the Death Eaters he would take Kingsley.

Originally posted by Dresta
Definately Kingsley, Moody is way past his best and living of reputation, Kingsley has shown himself to be one of the most powerful members of the order of the pheonix and being able to fight multiple Death Eaters at once.

And yes make a section, so we can have proper discussions.

Slughorn vs Dolohov

This is probably the "closest battle" yet in this thread. Dolohov is a death eater, and he was 'closer' to Voldemort than the others, althought not as close as Snape or Bellatrix. We never heard any dueling feats from Slughorn so I'll say Dolohov.

Originally posted by darthsith19
About Moody, I agree, but in his day Moody could probably win since he's supposed to be like the best ever.

I'd guess Slughorn, but am not sure, but he fought Voldemort alongside McGonagall and Flitwick and put up a good fight, I'd guess he's up with those 2. Plus he's an old friend of Dumbledore's and he and Dumbledore worked together to fix his house, making it seem like they are kinda equals, not really but somewhat. Dolohov did beat Moody, but got taken out in book 5, can't remember who did it, he also may have killed Lupin and/or Tonks, so this is close, but my vote goes to Slughorn, except he is kinda cocky, too.

Yeah, and she had to go to St. Mungo's, Hagrid took like a hundred and kept moving. Plus the one didn't kill Sirius, it was the fact that he fell through the veil that killed him, one just stunned him.

I agree that Sirius beats Malfoy, he is up with James and Lupin, Lupin took out Malfoy in book 5, we've never seen Malfoy do anything impressive even. And Sirius even toyed with Bellatrix, though foolishly, cause she did kill him, but still, Bella would own Lucius.

Agreed, but Snape was caught by surprise and wasn't trying to kill her. Plus Flitwick saved her ass in the end.

Oh yeah, I thought it was Flitwick and Slughorn, but yeah, it was Kingsley.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Voldemort went after one of them and the otehr two went and rescued the single. Perhaps Flitwick had his hands wrapped up killing Dolohov, blasting away giants or fighting multiple death eaters at once. You never know.

Madam Maxime vs. Bellatrix Lestrange

Bellatrix.

Fenrir Greyback vs Hagrid

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:32 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Fenrir as a werewolf or a wizard? Because as a wizard, he'd probably do some sort of hideous magic on Hagrid, despite Hagrid's giant heritage. Don't count on what I said, though. I was just asking an innocent question. smile

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:47 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Umm, I don't know. I guess Werewolf would made it a better fight.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:09 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

laughing out loud I have no idea how Hagrid would fare against a werewolf! laughing out loud I'd say pretty well though, since he takes care of all of Hogwarts magical creatures. But the werewolf would be much fiercer than the wild animals that Hagrid tames, so I'd say Fenrir would win.

Um....
Werewolf fight: Fenrir vs. Lupin. (both as werewolves)

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:30 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

As far as Mad-Eye vs Kingsley go, I'd give it to Moody. Wasn't it stated that the reason Voldemort went after Moody first was because he assumed the real Harry would be with the most powerful escort?

I think Flitwick could beat McGonagall. He as a dueling champion, and like Spidervlad said, he would be harder to hit because of his size.

I definitely agree that Snape is a bad ass. I don't think he really fought McGonagall because he is still on the Order's side, so he doesn't want to kill any of them. But at the same time, he had to make it look like he was still a Death Eater. I just wish we could have seen Snape f*** up James. I hate him.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:39 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm with you, but realistically, James would most likely tool Snape, given how he was able to kick Snape's ass in their fifth year, who had already by this point been studying dark magic and inventing his own spells. James was simply a much more skilled duelist, with more powerful magic. Such is obvious...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:22 PM
Dresta

Originally posted by nmensfinest
I'm with you, but realistically, James would most likely tool Snape , given how he was able to kick Snape's ass in their fifth year, who had already by this point been studying dark magic and inventing his own spells. James was simply a much more skilled duelist, with more powerful magic. Such is obvious...

No way, Snape was far superior to James, in my eyes Snape was only behind Voldemort and Dumbledore dueling wise. James only beat Snape in their 5th year because he was outnumbered and was taken by surprise.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:54 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Im with you Dresta, Jame is no match for Snape. Voldemort said that Snape is a fine wizard... Is that like the only compliment that Voldemort had ever said to anyone? That has to mean something. Snape got his ass kicked in the Fifth year because obviously Snape didn't want to use dark magic on James. He knew how upset Lily would be if Snape used dark magic on James, and Snape would obviously get expelled from Hogwarts. He didn't want that.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 05:31 PM