KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » How (book 7 spoilers)

How (book 7 spoilers)
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

How (book 7 spoilers)

When Hermione and Ron go down to the Chamber of Secrets (to get the Basilisk Fang) in this book, how do they come back up the pipe? In book 2 Fawkes took them back up, but he wasn't here this time, so...

Also, the reason Voldemort couldn't hurt Harry with the Cruciatus Curse and at the end of the book with Avada Kedavra, is because the wand belongs to Harry. But the wand belonged to Gregarovitch, and Grindelwald was still able to harm him with it, and when it belonged to Antioch Peverell a stranger still killed him with the wand. If the wand can't harm it's owner, how come it did to those people?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 09:27 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terror of Death
Haseo

Cant they apparate?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 11:58 PM
Terror of Death is currently offline Click here to Send Terror of Death a Private Message Find more posts by Terror of Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Not inside the castle,no.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 12:47 AM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

They might have found a house elf willing to go with them, there might have been another way up, or else the enchantments could have changed when Dumbledore died.

Just a few ideas from the top of my head, my eye hurts.

Wasn't Antioch killed in his sleep? I don't remember Grindelwald hurting Gregorovitch.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 02:51 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
Wasn't Antioch killed in his sleep? I don't remember Grindelwald hurting Gregorovitch.

Yes, he was killed in his sleep, but it was still win wand and it hurt him, so why does it mater if he was sleeping.

Grindelwald stunned Antioch with the wand, thus Antioch's own wand hurt him.

Good points about the Chamber, though, Kreacher or somebody may have gone with them.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 03:28 AM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by darthsith19
Yes, he was killed in his sleep, but it was still win wand and it hurt him, so why does it mater if he was sleeping.

Grindelwald stunned Antioch with the wand, thus Antioch's own wand hurt him.

Good points about the Chamber, though, Kreacher or somebody may have gone with them.

I just reread the passage, Antioch had his throat slit by a knife.

Gindelwald and Antioch were hundreds of years apart, I thought.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 03:37 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Yes, wasn't Antioch one of the three original brothers? He was the one that requested the Elder Wand in the first place, as I remember. The one that requested the Stone killed himself, and the one that requested the cloak lived a full, long life and greeted Death at the end.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 04:07 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Re: How (book 7 spoilers)

Also, the reason Voldemort couldn't hurt Harry with the Cruciatus Curse and at the end of the book with Avada Kedavra, is because the wand belongs to Harry. But the wand belonged to Gregarovitch, and Grindelwald was still able to harm him with it, and when it belonged to Antioch Peverell a stranger still killed him with the wand. If the wand can't harm it's owner, how come it did to those people?

Probably Disarming Charms.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 12:54 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

The wand can hurt it's owner, it just doesn't work properly against them, remember Voldemort killed Harry (kind of) with the Elder Wand

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:26 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Originally posted by Terror of Death
Cant they apparate?

I think yes. Hogwarts was in flames, and I'm surre that the extra protection that was placed on the castle disappeared with the death of Dumbledore. Think of it. which ever antiapparation charm placed on the grounds would have disappeared once the person who has placed them would die. Logically, the most skilled person in the school would be the Headmaster. But after the death of each Headmaster the next one would reinforce the charm. But with the death of the last one...

Its not the owner & wand relation here at stake. I think DD gives us the answer when they "meet" with Harry at the King Cross: " Voldermort did something foolish, he took your blood, Lily's blood" _ I'm not quoting the exact words, just the meaning.
So drinking Harry's blood, or using Harry's blood in GoF makes harry untouchable. So no matter which wand he uses, he still can not kill Harry.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:00 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
I think yes. Hogwarts was in flames, and I'm surre that the extra protection that was placed on the castle disappeared with the death of Dumbledore. Think of it. which ever antiapparation charm placed on the grounds would have disappeared once the person who has placed them would die. Logically, the most skilled person in the school would be the Headmaster. But after the death of each Headmaster the next one would reinforce the charm. But with the death of the last one...

Except by that point the Battle of Hogwarts hadn't even started yet, so no, the castle wasn't in flames. Also, if they could have apparated out then they could have apparated into the Chamber, but they didn't.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 11:10 PM
Barker

Except by that point the Battle of Hogwarts hadn't even started yet, so no, the castle wasn't in flames. Also, if they could have apparated out then they could have apparated into the Chamber, but they didn't.

Hermione had never been down there, and Ron had only been as far as the cave in, so they would have had to guess exactly how to get to the Baslisk. Probably not the best idea to take that chance, especially with a horcrux in tow.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 02:06 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Barker
Hermione had never been down there, and Ron had only been as far as the cave in, so they would have had to guess exactly how to get to the Baslisk. Probably not the best idea to take that chance, especially with a horcrux in tow.

Yes, but it would have been a hell of a lot easier and quicker to apparate to the chamber of secrets part that Ron did know, and you don't have to know a place to apparate to it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 03:06 AM
Council#13
The Omega Male

When Hermione and Ron go down to the Chamber of Secrets (to get the Basilisk Fang) in this book, how do they come back up the pipe? In book 2 Fawkes took them back up, but he wasn't here this time, so...

They probably used a levitation spell like Wingardium Leviosa and levitated each other up.

Grindelwand probably used his original wand to kill the wand's owner.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:50 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fann2k
AYU's Faithful

According to the DH ebook i've read. Ron was carrying a broomstick when they reunited with harry after coming out from the CoS.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 02:35 AM
fann2k is currently offline Click here to Send fann2k a Private Message Find more posts by fann2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote