KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » !!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.

!!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.
Started by: potterz honey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
potterz honey
***The Pretty Genius***

!!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.

I searched for any other threads on this and couldn't find any.
After i read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the second time it hit me. BAM!!!
Neville killed Nagini with the sword of Gryffindor but i thought that Griphook had run off with the sword after Harry,Ron and Hermoine had stolen Helga Hufflepuff's cup from Bellatrix's vault. So how did Neville get the sword. Did anyone else notice or did i miss something?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 05:48 PM
potterz honey is currently offline Click here to Send potterz honey a Private Message Find more posts by potterz honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

That was the one thing I wondered after I read it too.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 06:24 PM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

The title of the thread is a spoiler in itself. You may have just caused people endless misery by spoiling a key detail in the final book in a landmark series. Go you.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:02 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potterz honey
***The Pretty Genius***

oops! sorry sorry sorry!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:16 PM
potterz honey is currently offline Click here to Send potterz honey a Private Message Find more posts by potterz honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Yeah, let's say spoiler, then spoil it anyway. no expression

Anyway, I think the hat sort of summons the sword or something.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:32 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I thought the Hat made an appearance?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:43 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Nevile got it out the hat because he was a true Griffindor. Like harry did in #2, it's not a great mystery.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 12:44 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by potterz honey
After i read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the second time it hit me. BAM!!!
Neville killed Nagini with the sword of Gryffindor but i thought that Griphook had run off with the sword after Harry,Ron and Hermoine had stolen Helga Hufflepuff's cup from Bellatrix's vault. So how did Neville get the sword. Did anyone else notice or did i miss something?

Colloquial Statement: The same way that Harry got the sword of Gryffindor in the second book.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 06:37 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I think what potterz honey means is, "How did Neville get the sword even though Griphook took it?", not, "How did Neville manage to get the sword out of the hat?"

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 03:38 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Council#13
I think what potterz honey means is, "How did Neville get the sword even though Griphook took it?", not, "How did Neville manage to get the sword out of the hat?"

It's a magical world, he took it out of the hat, because he was a true griffindor, there is no clause, the fact that Griphook took it means nothing.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 08:47 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
div

meaning...they dont really know...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 08:51 PM
div is currently offline Click here to Send div a Private Message Find more posts by div Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Meaning, it's not deep or anything, well, I highly doubt it is. I mean before Harry got the sword it wasn't in the hat or anything, it just magically appears in the hat when a true Griffindor needs it..

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 09:15 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Statement: Neville was able to draw the sword from that hat because he opposed Voldemort in a situation that meant certain death.

Statement: One of the hallmarks of the Gryffindor group is bravery.

Conclusion: Neville was a "true heir" of Gryffindor.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 12:22 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Makes you wonder why Harry was so worried when Griphook stole the sword then, if all that had to happen was a true griffindor taking it out of a hat.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:05 PM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Makes you wonder why Harry was so worried when Griphook stole the sword then, if all that had to happen was a true griffindor taking it out of a hat.

Well, when he was worried, there were no plans to go to Hogwarts.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 08:39 PM
Blue_Hefner

Re: !!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.

Originally posted by potterz honey

Maybe Bill knew Harry had Gryffindor's sword and switched it, and Griphook didn't bother to check if he had the real sword. Or perhaps the hat has a charm on it that makes the sword sort of like a portkey.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 03:08 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: !!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Maybe Bill knew Harry had Gryffindor's sword and switched it, and Griphook didn't bother to check if he had the real sword. Or perhaps the hat has a charm on it that makes the sword sort of like a portkey.

Oh dear.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:37 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potterz honey
***The Pretty Genius***

so if it doesnt matter who has the sword or what they're doing with it Griphook could have been holding the sword up and admiring it and then suddenly it vanishes from his hand and appears in Neville's own?Hmmn...that would be weird.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 03:24 PM
exanda kane

Strange that Harry and chums didn't seem to realise that the Sword could return to them if they were in need of chivalric deeds.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 05:46 PM