KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » First Editions

First Editions
Started by: Scottie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scottie
poiuytrewq

First Editions

Does anyone have a first edition of any of the books?

Some kid got £10,000 for a first edition of The Philosopher's Stone

i have a first edition of the Order of the Phoenix, the Half-Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows, and they are in pretty good nick

And if you have one would you sell them????

~ This person is my favourite person on KMC ~

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:11 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

First edition set here.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:48 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
First edition set here.
All 7? wow, that must be worth a packet, would you ever sell them?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:50 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenxAngel
No More Grey Skies.

Nope. No, wait, 2 but my cat ate the cover of one of them so...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:53 PM
FallenxAngel is currently offline Click here to Send FallenxAngel a Private Message Find more posts by FallenxAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Originally posted by Scottie
i have a first edition of the Order of the Phoenix, the Half-Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows, and they are in pretty good nick

Same. Probably wouldn't sell them, though; I feel a certain amount of sentimentality for them.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:00 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

All our first edition books were too tattered to be of much use, so we bought new ones.

We're now on our 3rd set. no expression

Either we like HP too much, or we suck at book handling.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:42 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Doubt I'd sell them, and they aren't in pristine condition either (the first being a little ragged). 1st edition , no less. smile

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:42 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

Originally posted by Barker
All our first edition books were too tattered to be of much use, so we bought new ones.

We're now on our 3rd set. no expression

Either we like HP too much, or we suck at book handling.
When i seen my ones where first editions i bought new ones to read, its only the sleve thats a bit tatty, it could be easily changed dont know what id get for them

A signed first edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was sold by jk rowling father for £27,500 at auction in 2003.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 10:54 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I wouldn't sell them if I had a set

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 05:54 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

You also have to remember that the first four books probably didn't have high first print runs.. so that increases the price dramatically. For the last three books we are talking about 5-12 million first print runs just in America which makes the book... uhh.... almost below cost wink.

Same thing with comics and action figures.. everyone hears about how much they go for, but don't realize that from the late 80's and on that they are in high volume print runs. Where as in 1977 Star Wars toys, the print run was very low and so justifies why a carded Darth Vader goes for high bucks.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:26 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

I imagine out of the seven I have a first Edition. but out of the whole 'Potter memorbilia,I would not pay money to buy the book with the thought of it being a first edition. there is nothing special about it. although selling..thats a different story. I hae like two copies of each book in my house. so I could sell the first editon I find.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 04:44 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Dean
Emperor's New Groove

Wow... I just looked at my set and I had without even realizing it, 6 of the 7 first edition books. Just not the 2nd one "Chamber of Secrets."
cool wink

Click here to view my non-updated SW Collection!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 04:03 AM
Darth Dean is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Dean a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Dean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

How can you tell if it's a First Edition?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 11:05 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

Originally posted by Dresta
How can you tell if it's a First Edition?
it will say it here

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 06:28 PM
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

I'm not sure if I have all the first editions, but if I had them I wouldn't sell them for the world love

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 04:22 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

All seven first editions, and I plan on selling them very soon for something a lot more realistic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 04:54 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bajovie

i think i have some first editions but i would never ever ever sell them

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 06:22 AM
bajovie is currently offline Click here to Send bajovie a Private Message Find more posts by bajovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Seems like so many people have First Editions, why do they sell for so much?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 12:23 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I has DH first edition.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 02:45 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

eek!

I have HBP and DH First Editions. My step mum stole my first five box set the other day so I can't check them... but yay smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 11:17 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote