KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Would You Let A Friend Borrow Your Harry Potter Books?

Would You Let A Friend Borrow Your Harry Potter Books?
Started by: SelphieT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Would You Let A Friend Borrow Your Harry Potter Books?

Well, would you?

Or are they too precious?

I don't own all the books, and I'd like to start re-reading them, but what do you guys think?

If your best friend was asking to borrow them, would you give the books to them right away, with hesitation, or would you not let them borrow them at all?

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 07:58 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I lent six of my books to my brother - including two of my first-editions, OotP and HBP - near May or June last year, and he still hasn't given them back to me. sad

Then he started talking about lending them to some of his friends, and I said no. wink

So, I s'pose the answer is yes, within reason, (i.e., whether or not I trust them - or whether they could kick my @$$).

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 08:01 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Yes.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 09:53 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenxAngel
No More Grey Skies.

yez. This should've been a poll.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 10:29 PM
FallenxAngel is currently offline Click here to Send FallenxAngel a Private Message Find more posts by FallenxAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sapphiree
yez. This should've been a poll.

Yeah...but there could have been a lot of nerdy options, that I didn't really want to think of......... other than a simple yes or no stick out tongue

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 01:34 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Originally posted by SelphieT
Yeah...but there could have been a lot of nerdy options, that I didn't really want to think of......... other than a simple yes or no stick out tongue

Yes.
No.
Maybe.

Done.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 09:43 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

No, I wouldn't

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 10:20 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

i lend my first book to a friend a few years ago..biggest mistake I ever made...haven't seen it since

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 04:22 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

Depends if I know they'd treat them right..
But honestly.
I really rather not lend them to anyone no expression
I love them too much love

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:02 AM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flipkick777
Outrageously Uber Ninja

Originally posted by Running Mascara
Depends if I know they'd treat them right..
But honestly.
I really rather not lend them to anyone no expression
I love them too much love

Ditto

"Read as much as you can. Keep writing and then throwing it away until one day you do something that you don't think belongs in the bin. Stick to writing what you know about. Don't give up."-- J.K. Rowling, regarding becoming a writer.

I may be a dork, but I am the coolest dork you will ever meet!

Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door....

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 10:39 PM
flipkick777 is currently offline Click here to Send flipkick777 a Private Message Find more posts by flipkick777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zebe1213

It depends. I would never even think to give them the first 6 of the books because i love them too much, however, Deathly Hallows, maybe.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 09:37 AM
Zebe1213 is currently offline Click here to Send Zebe1213 a Private Message Find more posts by Zebe1213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trevor9999

i would never give up deathly hallows! i wouldn`t lets them borrow any of them unless it was #2

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 08:54 PM
trevor9999 is currently offline Click here to Send trevor9999 a Private Message Find more posts by trevor9999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I do it all the time. Most of my friends never bothered to buy the books- they just borrowed 'em from me.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 06:16 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
d'wittymudblood
The Ultimate Head Girl

No.

come up bad to another clever I did..
and get us killed, or worst..
ExPeLLed..."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 08:29 AM
d'wittymudblood is currently offline Click here to Send d'wittymudblood a Private Message Find more posts by d'wittymudblood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
d'wittymudblood
The Ultimate Head Girl

I lent my prisoner and chamber a long time ago.. and it was returned to me with tore pages especially that of the chamber.. From then on, i would not want to lend another book from anyone.

come up bad to another clever I did..
and get us killed, or worst..
ExPeLLed..."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 08:31 AM
d'wittymudblood is currently offline Click here to Send d'wittymudblood a Private Message Find more posts by d'wittymudblood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Similar experience. I lent my Chamber of Secrets to a friend of mine back in 6th grade, got it back with a chunk of the pages coming off. Had to glue them again.

Thankfully, my friends are more careful these days.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 09:57 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Of course. The person wouldn't be much of a friend if I couldn't trust him/her with some books.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 09:45 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tonks

lol of course not! I dont lend my books or movies out! Too afraid that they would get ruined. And I have alot of the first editions, and those dont leave me!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:15 AM
Tonks is currently offline Click here to Send Tonks a Private Message Find more posts by Tonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Nah, I'd tell him to feck off and go to the library.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:37 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

no

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:34 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote