KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Voldemort Vs. Godric Gryffindor

Godric Gryffindor Vs. Voldemort
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 7 46.67%
Godric Gryyfindor 8 53.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort Vs. Godric Gryffindor
Started by: DarthDaniel1001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Voldemort Vs. Godric Gryffindor

To keep Voldemort from just using Avadah Kedavra instantly, Godric has Harry Potter's wand (Let's just say it used to belong to Gryffindor) And yes, Gryffindor has his sword.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 10:46 PM
DarthDaniel1001 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CloneCaptin Fox
Exiled Master Jedi

I think Gryffindor because it has harry and also it have very powerful people in that homeroom or magicroom

Go!Gryffindor

There is no emotion,there is peace
There is no ignorance,there is knowledge
There is no passion,there is serenity
There is no death,there is the force

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 06:22 PM
CloneCaptin Fox is currently offline Click here to Send CloneCaptin Fox a Private Message Find more posts by CloneCaptin Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

I meant the wizard, not the house

With Great Power, comes great responsibility
-Ben Parker

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 11:16 PM
DarthDaniel1001 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

okay, let's travel back to "chamber of secrets."

when salazar slytherin first created it, he could not, and so would not, use it and the basilisk whilst godric was also at hogwwarts. this implies that salazar would not have been able to best godric, had he found proof of the chamber.

in hp canon, the Founders are The Most Powerful - more so than Dumbledore, and definitely more powerful than Voldemort.

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin. slytherin is less powerful [or at least afraid of] gryffindor.

if a beats b, and b is greater than c, a beats c.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:30 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
okay, let's travel back to "chamber of secrets."

when salazar slytherin first created it, he could not, and so would not, use it and the basilisk whilst godric was also at hogwwarts. this implies that salazar would not have been able to best godric, had he found proof of the chamber.

in hp canon, the Founders are The Most Powerful - more so than Dumbledore, and definitely more powerful than Voldemort.

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin. slytherin is less powerful [or at least afraid of] gryffindor.

if a beats b, and b is greater than c, a beats c.

What a bad logic.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 09:28 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seoinlosangeles

Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 09:51 AM
seoinlosangeles is currently offline Click here to Send seoinlosangeles a Private Message Find more posts by seoinlosangeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by siriuswriter

voldemort is less powerful that slytherin.

Where do you get this bogus? Voldemort is stated as pushing toe boundries of magic farther than anyone else and is called the darkest wizard of all time... He wins.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 11:08 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

He is the darkest wizard of all time, not the greatest.

I think we haven't heard enough about Gryffindor, but I would bet he'd give Voldemort a very hard time. Not sure who would win, but that would definitely be a bad ass fight.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 01:50 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Remember that Voldermort became almost immortal, he mastered dark arts better than any other wizard in the past. The battle between the two would be a delight to be written and discussed smile

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:01 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Being Immortal or near immortal, doesn't mean you can't get your ass whipped.

Voldemort is case in point.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:10 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

Godric Gryffindor, I think..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 12:18 PM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I would have to say Voldy. He was "The Most Powerful Dark Wizard of All Time" right? That point has been clearly stated several time in the novels so he would logically be more powerful than Slytherin (who was a dark wizard if i remember correctly) so to say Gryffindor is automatically above Voldemort cuz he was above Slytherin is faulty.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 11:04 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Voldemort is directly stated to be the most powerful dark Wizard of all time, and is demonstratably superior by a great deal to Grindelwand, who is number two.

So he wins.

Old Post May 4th, 2012 07:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I would say Godric, going by nothing but a feeling.

Old Post May 5th, 2012 04:32 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by ares834
Where do you get this bogus? Voldemort is stated as pushing toe boundries of magic farther than anyone else and is called the darkest wizard of all time... He wins.

I get my "bogus" either directly from the books or from things that JK Rowling has shared with the world.

And this whole - most powerful dark wizard - thing?

Dumbledore is more powerful. He knows the dark and the light magic

If Voldy won't use the light magic because he thinks it's 'under' him, then at once Dumbledore is better.

But the Founders have only Merlin above them, in the food chain list of wizard powers, so Godric, who is already more powerful than Dumbledore [who is more powerful than Voldy already] will beat Voldy.

Rules of dueling found in Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore > Voldy found in Sorcerer's Stone through Deathly Hallows, Founders power levels found in JK Rowling interview.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 01:34 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Once again where do you get the idea that the Founders are somehow above Dumbledore and Voldy? That's not supported at all by the books. In fact, the best thing stated about the founders that I recall is that they were the greatest witches and wizards of their age.

Meanwhile, Voldemort is repeatedly called the mightest dark wizard to grace the world in the books which should put him above Slytherin. And once again, Dumbeldore claims he pushed the boundreis of magic farther than anyone.

Basically, their is ample evidence provided by characters in the books that Voldemort is greater than the founder while their is none to the contrary.

And no, Dumbeldore is not he most powerful dark wizard as he isn't a dark wizard... In fact, I can't beleive I had to say that! Yes, he may know dark magic but so does almost every character in the book. That doesn't make them dark wizards however.

Also A>B>C logic doesnt work in vs fights. After all, Harry beat Voldy but that doesn't mean he can beat Dumbledore.

Last edited by ares834 on May 10th, 2012 at 03:56 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2012 03:48 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
damsel-distress

I think Voldemort will defeat Gryffindor because he has so much dark powers that no one would ever imagine.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 09:24 AM
damsel-distress is currently offline Click here to Send damsel-distress a Private Message Find more posts by damsel-distress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by ares834
Once again where do you get the idea that the Founders are somehow above Dumbledore and Voldy? That's not supported at all by the books. In fact, the best thing stated about the founders that I recall is that they were the greatest witches and wizards of their age.

Once again, I got that information from JK Rowling herself, per interview. Whatever JK says is super-canon.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 01:11 AM
ares834

Link to interview please.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 01:33 AM
siriuswriter

Her old site, the one she kept running while she was writing the books. I'm not sure exactly. I don't think that site's running now, not since the release of seven sometime. POTTERMORE is her new website.

Old Post May 16th, 2012 05:39 PM