KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.
Started by: allofyousuckkk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

I welcome the hate mail. Alan Rickman is nothing like the Snape from the books.

As for Michael Gambon, he is a horrible Dumbledore. The character is supposed to be peaceful, understanding, wise. His version is rough, dramatic and overplayed

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:12 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Why don't you go up to the actors and go 'all of you suckkk'

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:45 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Wow

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 05:48 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

quote: (post)
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk

As for Michael Gambon, he is a horrible Dumbledore. The character is supposed to be peaceful, understanding, wise. His version is rough, dramatic and overplayed

I think both of them are good enough.As the books go,you don't actually get to see the character fully.You have to make them in your mind.Maybe you imagined another kind of Snape and dumby.For me,both actors were good.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 01:51 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etna
Demon Lord Beauty Queen

Originally posted by maham
I think both of them are good enough.As the books go,you don't actually get to see the character fully.You have to make them in your mind.Maybe you imagined another kind of Snape and dumby.For me,both actors were good.

Thats usually why a lot of people tend to hate movies based on books if they read the book before hand.

stick out tongue because their silly little minds can't comprehend that.

But i think Alan Rickman and both dumbledores were pretty good.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 11:04 PM
Etna is currently offline Click here to Send Etna a Private Message Find more posts by Etna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

oh, good. you're acccepting hate-mail.

'cuz i've got a bag from everyone who's seen the movies. rickman is ridiculously spot on as snape. richard harris was good, and of course michael gambon WAS dumbledore PoA. some people just can't get over the fact that he was badly directed in gof and turned out behaving more like a serial killer than the real serial killer.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 11:53 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gambon and Rickman are awesome!

You're crazy!

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 11:49 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Splitty

pppPPPFFFFFFTTTTTtttttt!

The difference for me is, in the book Snape was greasy, creepy, and unlikable. In the movie......

OMG I love Alan Rickman's Snape. For me he's dashing, tragic, and mysterious. Oh, and very funny. I blame Alan Rickman though, because I also had a crush on his Hans character in Die Hard, and pretty much everything else I've seen him in.

In fact, I love his Snapes so much, that at the last forum I customized my signatures on almost a monthy basis with him. Unfortunately, I can't post links yet, so I can't show you the masterpieces, but I'll pop in here with it later.

And there you have it. love

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 12:29 PM
Splitty is currently offline Click here to Send Splitty a Private Message Find more posts by Splitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Etna
Thats usually why a lot of people tend to hate movies based on books if they read the book before hand.

stick out tongue because their silly little minds can't comprehend that.

But i think Alan Rickman and both dumbledores were pretty good.

oh my dear lord.

WHERE IS THIS CLIP FROM?!?!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 05:55 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Family Guy

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 10:30 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Re: Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

To me, Dumbledore always came off as a manipulative old man who was never completely honest with Harry.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 04:19 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Re: Re: Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
To me, Dumbledore always came off as a manipulative old man who was never completely honest with Harry.

i wish i could "like" this

in some sense, i agree completely. I never saw him as manipulative per se, but i completely get your point.

And no, I'm sorry, but Alan Rickman is nothing like the character of Snape. Although Snape is "bad," he is still an energetic, passionate character. In the movie he is boring and monotonous. In the book he's well known for all the looks he makes and his sneers, whereas in the movie it's just a blank look, always.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 07:12 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

If you ever expect a movie to have as much depth as a book you are retarded.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 01:43 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
oh my dear lord.

WHERE IS THIS CLIP FROM?!?!

I've never read the books, so I can't really say.

But I have to say that sirius, your sig and your avvy is way awesome beyond words. that's all. xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 02:44 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

i wish i could "like" this

in some sense, i agree completely. I never saw him as manipulative per se, but i completely get your point.

And no, I'm sorry, but Alan Rickman is nothing like the character of Snape. Although Snape is "bad," he is still an energetic, passionate character. In the movie he is boring and monotonous. In the book he's well known for all the looks he makes and his sneers, whereas in the movie it's just a blank look, always.

Like I said,it depends on how YOU pictured him.I do agree with the blank look thingy though.He didn't always remain blank,but I don't think he was passionate about anything except stripping Harry off any little piece of self-respect he had left.laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 08:53 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Originally posted by Quincy
If you ever expect a movie to have as much depth as a book you are retarded.

Obviously I don't expect the movies to have the same depth as the books. However, I expect the actor portraying the character to have some sort of depth and to actually ACT LIKE THE CHARACTER.

And honestly, if you can't intelligently add to a discussion, please don't comment on my topics.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 09:57 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Oh be quiet. How exactly does Snape act in the books? Hmmm? From his appearances, he's just menacing and quiet. What does Alan Rickman do that's so out of character for him? What makes him so unbelievable as Snape that it ruins it for you?

As for singling me out for disagreeing with you, just pathetic.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 03:09 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

I singled you out because, unlike the other posters, YOUR post was rude and unnecessary.

Firstly, in the movies Snape never seems to speak at a normal speed, but prefers to drone on and on in a slow monotone voice.

As for his appearance being "menacing and quiet," I'm sorry but this is just untrue. He isn't quiet in the least bit.

HP&POA: pg. 419: "HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape roared, now very close at hand.... "HAS-SOMETHING-TO-DO-WITH POTTER"
Snape then preceeds to burst through the hospitol wing door and his behavior is described with words and phrases such as "beside himself," "his face was twisted;spit was flying from his mouth" and "shrieking."
Madam Pomfrey and the minister both try and calm him down.

To save myself the typing, I'll just give page numbers and the words describing Snape's attitude and behavior.
HBP pg. 603: "his face was demented, unhuman"

OoTP pg. 649: "It was scary: Snape's lips were shaking, his face was white, his teeth were bared."

I can admit that he acts the part of bored, mean teacher well enough... but that's not his deeper character in the least bit, and he doesn't portray any significant depth in the movies. Alan Rickman is a bad Snape.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 09:22 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Re: Alan Rickman is a horrible Snape.

that's funny because from what I hear J.K based Snape off of Alan Rickman......

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 03:49 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I think he actes like a good Snape but does not look like him at all.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:54 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote