KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Now What?

Now What?
Started by: maham

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maham

Now What?

I always wondered what would happen when the series would be over.We wouldn't have anything to talk about. n here we are,still liking harry but with nothing to talk abt.but if harry potter would've been a classic (like the classics) it would've been analyzed and talked abt years afterwards too.so do you think it was over-rated? what would the fans do now that it's all over?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 07:29 AM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

fans will move on with their lives, discover new interesting books that would preoccupy them, and from time to time remember the good time they had while reading J.K. Rowling,
unless,
JKR decides to write some sort of HP related books, pre HP era, or post

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 01:15 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

sit back and watch the money keep rolling in....

it usually takes a couple of generations for a book or film to be considered "classic" like i think a classic book is something by dickens, or victor hugo, etc.

these books will always be at the head of the line on recommendation lists, because their themes are timeless, and since almost all the action takes place in a parallel world, the future will take no toll on its' credibility.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 07:10 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

J.K Rowling said she would "maybe" write up an encyclopedia about everything in the Harry Potter universe.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 08:30 AM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emoboy13
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hope they rite another book where voldemort comes back from the dead and they just rite it about him taking over the world

also hell kill harry and every1 else becuz he'll be the strongest

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 08:03 PM
emoboy13 is currently offline Click here to Send emoboy13 a Private Message Find more posts by emoboy13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by emoboy13
i hope they rite another book where voldemort comes back from the dead and they just rite it about him taking over the world

Right, well that's not going to happen. Why would hell kill Harry anyway he's been good, I'm sure Heaven would come to his rescue laughing

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 08:29 PM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Saskaswan
J.K Rowling said she would "maybe" write up an encyclopedia about everything in the Harry Potter universe.

Yeah, only because someone else was writing a Harry Potter Encyclopedia and she saw a chance to make more money and sued them because she "was going to come out with one".

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 10:17 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Yeah, only because someone else was writing a Harry Potter Encyclopedia and she saw a chance to make more money and sued them because she "was going to come out with one".

I would still buy it, although the Harry Potter Wikis out there are most likely 10 times better than any encyclopedia she writes unless she adds new information.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 02:30 AM
maham

Originally posted by emoboy13

LOl! why so anti-Harry? messed

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 05:13 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emoboy13
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by maham
LOl! why so anti-Harry? messed

im not but i think that voldemort should just kill every1 becuz that would be cool

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 05:27 PM
emoboy13 is currently offline Click here to Send emoboy13 a Private Message Find more posts by emoboy13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by siriuswriter
sit back and watch the money keep rolling in....

it usually takes a couple of generations for a book or film to be considered "classic" like i think a classic book is something by dickens, or victor hugo, etc.

these books will always be at the head of the line on recommendation lists, because their themes are timeless, and since almost all the action takes place in a parallel world, the future will take no toll on its' credibility.

yeah i agree.

while hary potter is extremely popular, i don't think it's yet " classic"

the only reason that it's popular is because people are currently waiting for the new movie to come out.

give it a few years, it may be up with some of the dickens books

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 10:31 AM
avatar of agony is currently offline Click here to Send avatar of agony a Private Message Find more posts by avatar of agony Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charles19

Terror..

No chance to say about him film.. Amazing...! Harry Potter Top...

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:51 AM
Charles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Charles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Charles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Love

We have the movies to commenet and talk about and other stuff that was never exclaim in the books too.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:55 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jakolo

I have no idea

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 07:16 AM
jakolo is currently offline Click here to Send jakolo a Private Message Find more posts by jakolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpa_parkcity

It does take a while for a book to become a classic but I don't think Harry Potter will reach that. While it was a great series and be remembered, I think the audience was too young for it to become a classic.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 08:22 PM
cpa_parkcity is currently offline Click here to Send cpa_parkcity a Private Message Find more posts by cpa_parkcity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
It does take a while for a book to become a classic but I don't think Harry Potter will reach that. While it was a great series and be remembered, I think the audience was too young for it to become a classic.

I disagree only because the audience was much larger than what you are suggesting. Plus, children grow up and sometime still love what they did when they were younger. Hell, I consider Dr. Seuss books classic (love those stories). Harry Potter has every ability to be considered such if it maintains what it has with audiences. I think minimum for something to be classic is 25 years after being published.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 06:45 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I heard about the third book when I was twelve - someone did a book report on it and I was really confused as to why someone would name a character "Serious" and that there was an "angry" tree. But that was back in... oh... '95 or '96, so the first three books were out and not yet THE books to read. But then four, five, six, and seven I got on opening day.

But the first and second ones lend themselves to even younger audiences. It's not 'till three, or definitely four, that I started to feel that people who were younger shouldn't be reading about monsters with red eyes and no nose and big snakes and such.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 07:16 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I heard about the third book when I was twelve - someone did a book report on it and I was really confused as to why someone would name a character "Serious" and that there was an "angry" tree. But that was back in... oh... '95 or '96, so the first three books were out and not yet THE books to read. But then four, five, six, and seven I got on opening day.

But the first and second ones lend themselves to even younger audiences. It's not 'till three, or definitely four, that I started to feel that people who were younger shouldn't be reading about monsters with red eyes and no nose and big snakes and such.

'95-'96?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 03:53 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Hmmm, let me re-figure that...

Let's see 2001 was the beginning of eighth grade... so 1999. Ah-heh.

I claim no math skills.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 06:14 AM