KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Top 10 Wizards of All Time

Top 10 Wizards of All Time
Started by: Zack Skywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Skywalker

Top 10 Wizards of All Time

what do you think

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 09:18 PM
Zack Skywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

White Gandalf

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 10:13 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
White Gandalf

Yep...

Anyway Voldemort is the most powerful wizard in HP. Dumbledore is only his match with the elder wand, and Dumbledore admits his superiority in TDH.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 03:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

Are you talking HP wizards or wizards in general?

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 10:33 PM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by ares834
Yep...

Anyway Voldemort is the most powerful wizard in HP. Dumbledore is only his match with the elder wand, and Dumbledore admits his superiority in TDH.

That's like saying Voldemort could only beat Harry with his phoenix wand and would lose if wandless. Just because Dumbledore's wand is stronger than most doesn't mean it shouldn't be counted as part of his powerset.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 12:12 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I disagree. This thread is the about the most powerful wizard, not which wizard has the most powerful wand.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 01:44 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by ares834
I disagree. This thread is the about the most powerful wizard, not which wizard has the most powerful wand.

Well by that logic, none of the wizards should get to use their wands. Not all wands are created equal.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 12:38 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by King Kandy
Well by that logic, none of the wizards should get to use their wands. Not all wands are created equal.

I disagree. While wands aren't all created equal none of them make their user undefeatable or damn well near it...
Simply put the Elder Wand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other wand.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 01:01 AM
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

I love how my question was answered...

If we're talking Harry Potter wizards... Their wands are a way to control and focaus their magic. Some very powerful wizards (Voldy/Dumbledore) can do controled wandless magic.

"The wand chooses the wizard"
We are left to take this the way we want. Wand magic/law is still a huge mystery. But in the story they do tell us that "in combat" Elder Wand<Any other wand. Only if the Elder Wand has alligence to the wizard.

Also what the story tells us is that it's the wand and wizards connection that makes it most powerful. EX.. when Harry's wand gets broken and has to use the stolen wand or hermione's wand. It doesn't work well because there is no connection between him and those other wands.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 04:11 AM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Lord Volemort
Dumadore
Harry
Grisworld
James

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 03:25 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Voldemort
Dumbledore
Snape
IDK about the rest...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 07:29 PM
Noban

Gandalf

Oh, wait...

http://pimpjuice1337.blogspot.com/

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:40 PM
Noban is currently offline Click here to Send Noban a Private Message Find more posts by Noban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by King Kandy
That's like saying Voldemort could only beat Harry with his phoenix wand and would lose if wandless. Just because Dumbledore's wand is stronger than most doesn't mean it shouldn't be counted as part of his powerset.

actually in HP some wizards are so powerful they can do some magic without wands....in fact Voldemort is one of the only ones that can actually do it.

harry did it like once but it was an accident and to my knowledge after that he could no longer do that.

Volde IS the most powerful wizard in HP who was equaled by a man only because his wand is more powerful then anyone's.....and that wand was still only enough to MATCH voldemort.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 12:54 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Dumbledore really admit Voldemort's superiority in Deathly Hallows?

In terms of natural ability and aptitude,

Voldemort
Dumbledore
Grindelwald

Everyone else.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 03:45 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Gideon
Does Dumbledore really admit Voldemort's superiority in Deathly Hallows?

My fault its in OOTP. Dumbeldore says, "I knew tat Voldemort's knowledge of magic is perhaps more extensive than any wizard alive. I knew that even my most complex and protective spells and charms were unlikely to be invincible if he ever returned to power."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 07:14 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
actually in HP some wizards are so powerful they can do some magic without wands....in fact Voldemort is one of the only ones that can actually do it.

harry did it like once but it was an accident and to my knowledge after that he could no longer do that.

Volde IS the most powerful wizard in HP who was equaled by a man only because his wand is more powerful then anyone's.....and that wand was still only enough to MATCH voldemort.

Very true. smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 05:42 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Skywalker

Well, I still don't know if Voldemort is better than Dumbledore. Dumbledore was winning with the elder wand, but without it.. If you read the book it was clear that Dumbledore had an advantage through most of the fight. My top 10 is

1.Dumbledore
2.Voldemort
3.Grindewald.
4.Snape
5.Moody
6.Sirius
7.Bellatrix
8.Kingsley
9.McGonagall
10.Barty Crouch Jr.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 06:26 PM
Zack Skywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

merlin
the three brother who made the deathly hallows
voldemort
dumbledore
dumbledore's gay lover
slytherin and gryffindore
hufflepuf and ravenclaw
harry
snape
mcgonnagal

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 12:47 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ron ****in Weasley.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 02:12 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

1. Merlin
2. The Perceival Brother who chose the Invisibility Cloak.
3. The Brother who chose the Elder Wand.
4. The Brother who chose the Ring.
5. Dumbledore [Dumbles has all the powers both Grindlewald and Voldemort have/had, but chooses not to use them.]
6. Grindlewald [after all, Dumbles beat him]
7 Harry Potter [is powers are mostly potential in the books, even up to DH, but dood, he is destined for great things.
8. Voldemort. Uber-powerful, but failed to kill Harry each time he tried.
9. Severus Snape. Enough magic to make sure Voldie doesn't find out that he's a double... triple? - crosser. That's pure, concentrated, POWA.
10. Bellatrix Lestrange/Sirius Black. The first wouldn't be Volde's ho if her power levels weren't so high. The second hiding in plain sight in Hogsmeade during the invisible rise of Voldemort in OotP.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:06 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote