KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » any new books?

any new books?
Started by: colossulrage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
colossulrage

any new books?

i no it probably wont happen but i would love for her to write prequals to the books like fill in the gap between when voldemort left hogwarts as a student up until harrys parents death. cause there is a pretty BIG gap where we no voldemort was doing crazy things with dark magic and not really knowing how he first came to prominance in the 1970's

Old Post Nov 14th, 2010 09:01 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

That would be a negative.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 12:05 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

why i no it probably wont happen but it would be a great read

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 12:30 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

I would like to see another 7 book series that follows Snape, James, Sirious, Remus, the longbottoms and Lilly. Of course some of the older students would be Lucious and other death eaters.

Voldemort would have already graduated, and some of the series could be focused around some of these characters preventing Voldy from making horcruxes, or some other interesting stuff that would piss voldamort off enough to want to target the Potters and Longbottoms later in life. Remember each of the potters and longbottoms must have defied voldamort 3 times... That almost 6 books there.

Would be nice but most likely wont happen.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2010 06:51 PM
CaedusRules is currently offline Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Ya that would be awesome im just saying there is still tons of stuff she could branch out on. Dumbledore vs Grindewald maybe?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 04:57 AM
Flameback
Pathology

quote: (post)
Originally posted by colossulrage
Ya that would be awesome im just saying there is still tons of stuff she could branch out on. Dumbledore vs Grindewald maybe?

Dude, it would be overkill. Some would argue it was already starting to head that way. In any event, doing all that would really just start making the series seem overly contrived and would end up just falling flat on expectations. You got to end it eventually or the series would just become like another unoriginal Chris Claremont X-Men story. wink

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:38 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

FLAMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my BANE!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:46 PM
jakolo

Hello,
I just want to share this information with you, at present I am booink services for ghostwriting, my some of closest friend suggest for a ghostwriting services, this is really good place for ghostwriting.
---------
classifieds

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:52 PM
jakolo is currently offline Click here to Send jakolo a Private Message Find more posts by jakolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpa_parkcity

I think that the series should just end. It ended well less not mess with success. Plus Rowling made so much money from the books and movies, she doesn't have to do anything else.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 08:21 PM
cpa_parkcity is currently offline Click here to Send cpa_parkcity a Private Message Find more posts by cpa_parkcity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
I think that the series should just end. It ended well less not mess with success. Plus Rowling made so much money from the books and movies, she doesn't have to do anything else.
I partially agree with you here. Yes, she should stop while she is ahead. Overkill is possible. Like you said, she ended well.

Money should NEVER have anything to do with writing a series. Especially if having enough (is that possible?) means halting the series. As an author, if you feel there is more you can show us and should show us, then do so. It's the author's story. They can do as they please. (Sadly people also continue stories to gain more money when they should be stopped as well.)

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 06:51 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

She's just recently said that it's very possible she'll write more Potter books - Daniel Radcliffe comments that he'll never play Harry again on the Deathly Hallows DVDs, there's a bit where Rowling and Radcliffe are talking together.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 10:03 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by siriuswriter
She's just recently said that it's very possible she'll write more Potter books - Daniel Radcliffe comments that he'll never play Harry again on the Deathly Hallows DVDs, there's a bit where Rowling and Radcliffe are talking together.

I haven't seen this clip.

He won't even do a cameo? Pretty selfish.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 01:42 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

He says he won't play Harry - I don't think he said anything about a possible cameo. That would be fun, just have the trio at the Three Broomsticks sipping on Butterbeer in the background. Or play minor teachers. big grin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 07:11 AM
colossulrage

he will come back to play the role once he figures out nobody really wants to see a movie where he isnt harry potter.lol ive seen a few of his other movies and wow he isnt the best

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 04:02 AM
siriuswriter

Wait 'till "Woman in Black" comes out.
And he did an awesome job on Broadway in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying as the lead J Pierrepont Finch.

And, negative, everyone wants to see him in non-Harry Potter roles. He shows much promise to become an A-list British actor.

ETA Oh, and unless we want the trio to grow up to be 25 [Radcliffe's 22, as is Watson, Grint's 23 or 24] he'll not play Potter again. It's not like he needs the money, he'll be rolling in Potter movie merchandise sales until the end of time.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Nov 27th, 2011 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 02:55 AM
hezza555

No there are no more ever now!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 10:00 AM
hezza555 is currently offline Click here to Send hezza555 a Private Message Find more posts by hezza555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote