KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » No "Cho Chang" in HP3

No "Cho Chang" in HP3
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

No "Cho Chang" in HP3

No love interest for Harry in the next movie. What do you think?

Old Post May 25th, 2003 03:32 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Is that true. There were auditions for her character, maybe they just didn't find the right one. I though she was already written into the script cause if she plays an integeral part in the books the come, then the movie dudes are screwed.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 03:52 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

'Tis true according to CBBC insiders: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/t...000/2932848.stm

Old Post May 25th, 2003 07:00 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Oh well she does come into the 4th one and as I remember that is the main one so far anyhoo.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 07:59 PM
hayden's minx is currently offline Click here to Send hayden's minx a Private Message Find more posts by hayden's minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Well, she'd not really THAT essential a character... I'm sure Harry will be able to save us from The Dementors without her!

Old Post May 25th, 2003 08:26 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I looked at that cbbc link - they said no wood! How can there be no wood! He's an established character, and the captain of the team! How will gryffindor play w/out him - and the quidditch matches hav quite a big thang, cos thats where some of the truth comes out abt harry and the dementors (book readers will know what i'm on about!)

Old Post May 25th, 2003 08:28 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

Yeh but in 4, she is in the events to follow thats my point ... anyway...
yeh I knew about wood, but to be honest he ISN'T integeral, and in the books he goes out in a small poof. I think the author forgot about him.

Old Post May 25th, 2003 08:34 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

In the books, book 3 is his last year of Hogwarts - he leaves school after that and joins a Quidditch team of the league. Puddletown untited or something? He doesnt go out with a poof!

(That sounds really weird doesnt it - like he's going to the movies woth his boyf!)

Old Post May 25th, 2003 08:44 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Before anyone yells at me, i dont mean poof in a bad way - i hav loadsa gay/les/bi friends, and i love em! Dont yell at me!

Old Post May 25th, 2003 08:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They have to cut SOME things from the books to make them work on screen. I think that is a worthwhile sacrifice for the film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2003 12:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hayden's minx
Safe

I have no problem with Gay people, and I have always secretely suspected that oliver wood was gay, you could tell by the way he and harry looked at each other ... man I have to stop ruining childrens fictional characters. lets get one thing straight though - I am.

Old Post May 26th, 2003 01:21 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I think its a shame that kids books never have gay/les/bi characters - it's like saying that anything except hetero is bad and sordid, not suitable for under 12s

Old Post May 26th, 2003 03:51 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Most intriguing point you make. I do not follow either the book series or the film series so I have little idea of what everyone is talking about. To each his(or her) own though! cool

Old Post May 26th, 2003 08:52 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i don't think cho is a necessary character to have in the movies. she is just something for the boys/harry to drowl over. ugh. she seems like a tight-*** to me. sorry. stereo-typed thing.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post May 28th, 2003 03:40 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rin
Public Anemone Number One

Excuse me? Stereotype? Please, explain.

True, Cho is a pretty minor character, not likely to have any character development. Especially since Harry would probably keep his distance from her in later books because of the whole Cedric Diggory incident..

But it would be interesting to have her in the movies. It's a multi-cultural do-gooder thing.

Can you smeeeellll what the sun is cooking?

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:42 AM
Rin is currently offline Click here to Send Rin a Private Message Find more posts by Rin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Yeh, I agree with you there, but the character is just ANNOYING!

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:04 AM
Rin

Annoying? How so? She doesn't DO anything.. She just kind of.. sits there and plays Seeker and rejects Harry for Cedric. That's about it. "Sexual tension" or whatever you want to call it..

Old Post May 30th, 2003 05:06 AM
Rin is currently offline Click here to Send Rin a Private Message Find more posts by Rin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malfoy's chick
Girl obsessed with Harry

To tell you the truth i hope that Cho is not in the movies, i mean, i absolutely hate her, no offence to the ones that like her. HARRY CAN FIND SOMEONE BETTER THEN HER, LIKE HERMIONE

Ani? my have you grown!

Old Post May 31st, 2003 04:15 PM
Malfoy's chick is currently offline Click here to Send Malfoy's chick a Private Message Find more posts by Malfoy's chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dramaqueen

Man, this whole "no Cho" thing is seriously screwy. Peole buy merchandise (I don't), they pay money to see or buy the movies. They go out to buy the books. They, we, deserve to see Cho. This was supposed to be one of the highlights of the movies and yet, it's not going to happen for a whole other year. These people are scamming millions every year from hard working adults and kids, but they can't deliver ONE measly character, who undeniably everyone is dying to see? Pssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 06:07 PM
dramaqueen is currently offline Click here to Send dramaqueen a Private Message Find more posts by dramaqueen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rin

quote:
Originally posted by dramaqueen
but they can't deliver ONE measly character, who undeniably everyone is dying to see?

Not true, according to some of the posts in this thread. Apparently, there are many, many people who dislike Cho Chang and it is very deniable that people are 'dying' to see her. Personally, I don't care. It's just admirable to FINALLY see a character of Asian descent in a movie with majority (note that word: majority. Meaning, not all of them) Caucasian characters.

Last edited by Rin on Jun 2nd, 2003 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 11:05 PM