KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » I don't like Harry Potter

I don't like Harry Potter
Started by: chica16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chica16
chica

I don't like Harry Potter

i think a lot of things in it are copied from LOTR... like that retarded dobby creature... the spiders... the trolls...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 12:34 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Uhmmm, if that was the case, than you must hate a lot of other books that used those examples.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 01:44 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Miffed Maby

I agree. Some characters are really copied, for example, dementors.
They are very similar to Nazguls.
but you can't blame writters for others trolls, spiders...
Lot of books is full of these characters. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 05:05 PM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matt
Mr M

Well if you dont like harry potter you must be dumb.The Films and books are wicked. Maybe you think some cretures are copyied but who cares wat yah think. BUt i like yah opinion.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 03:50 PM
Matt is currently offline Click here to Send Matt a Private Message Find more posts by Matt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lupin

Ummm...isnt LotR the base of all fantasy books?

It was the first, the last, the one.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 04:56 PM
Lupin is currently offline Click here to Send Lupin a Private Message Find more posts by Lupin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

Warning Go Britain

quote:
Originally posted by Lupin

I agree. Lord of the Rings are the best books in the world, next comes harry potter and finally Georgia Nicolson (first book is called Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging) I find that a lot of my favourite books are from Britain. Woohoo! Go BRITISH AUTHORS!!big grin

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 07:56 PM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaquesLeFrog

Really, a lot of the fantasies around come from much much earlier.... Greco-Roman mythology, anyone?

"Well guys, we've made it to the end of the summer in one piece, except for a few campers who are lepers. "

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 10:28 PM
JaquesLeFrog is currently offline Click here to Send JaquesLeFrog a Private Message Find more posts by JaquesLeFrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

Mythology? Well I guess some might come from it. But LOTR is still better than any mythology I've studied. Wow! I just figured out what I'm goin to read over the summer
1. The Fellowship of the Rings
2. The Two Towers
3. The Return of the King
4. Harry Potter and the Philosipher's Stone
5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (ugh..)
6. Harry Potter and the Prisonor of Askaban (I can't spell..lmao!)
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (YEAH!)
8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (again!)
9. Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging)
10. Same as above, (I'm not the Girlfriend of a Sex God or...Okay so I'm wearing really big Knickers ...i think)
11. Same as above (Knocked out by my Nunga Nunga's!)
12. The 4th one...(i forget)

Why is it so small?
ttyl byez!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 10:55 PM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i think harry potter might be gay...

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 05:14 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Laugh Ha ha ha!

I don't think so.
Why do you think so?

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 02:20 AM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hpluva14

i dont think so by the way sum of tha things may be copied but u noe u who cares

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 02:27 AM
hpluva14 is currently offline Click here to Send hpluva14 a Private Message Find more posts by hpluva14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SilverNemesis

Just one thing, really: If you don't like Harry Potter, pray tell us what you're doing in a Harry Potter message board? Not that we mind the sporadic word of dissent...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 07:54 AM
SilverNemesis is currently offline Click here to Send SilverNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by SilverNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

If you don't like the Harry Potter books then get the hell out of here! Nuff said.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 10:59 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[Ms_dEaTh]
Innocuous Kween

its a bit silly coming here when you hate harry potter.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 12:51 PM
[Ms_dEaTh] is currently offline Click here to Send [Ms_dEaTh] a Private Message Find more posts by [Ms_dEaTh] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danistar
Eowyn & Faramir forever!!

I don't think that JK copied LotR...

'Oh you won't need ink.' said professor Umbridge, with the merest suggestion of a laugh in her voice.
EXTRA LESSONS WITH SNAPE -what on earth had he done to deserve this?
Amazing, how much more difficult it was to extend his arm tvelve inches and touch her hand than it was to snatch a speeding Snitch from midair.
There are more qoutes in my profile.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:03 PM
Danistar is currently offline Click here to Send Danistar a Private Message Find more posts by Danistar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zionette
insane asylum manager

the only reason people say that JK Rowling copied LotR is coz the films came out at the same time,if LotR wasnt made into a film i bet no1 wud have sed that she copied JRR Tolkien,plus LotR is the base for almost all fantasy books

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 01:18 PM
zionette is currently offline Click here to Send zionette a Private Message Find more posts by zionette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-ball_chick
Playing the game for God

quote:
Originally posted by Lupin

u r SOOO righ bout dat one! <LOTR WAS THE FIRST THE LAST N THE ONE!>

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 08:45 PM
b-ball_chick is currently offline Click here to Send b-ball_chick a Private Message Find more posts by b-ball_chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furious_socks
Being Michelle

wheres my pizzasmile im so hungry

“a bit too spanish for me...”

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:11 PM
furious_socks is currently offline Click here to Send furious_socks a Private Message Find more posts by furious_socks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I find people who call people gay, often are. And people wh use it as an insult are homophobic(one of my ICT teachers is racist, sexist and homophobic. Hes a good teacher though)

LOTR=Most in-depth fantasy

I like the books about Belgarath and Garion. If anyone's read them? By the Eddings? or Raymond E Feist. They are bothe xceptionally good books. I also like Tom Clancy, but hes not the fantasy genre.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:17 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

quote:
Originally posted by zionette
the only reason people say that JK Rowling copied LotR is coz the films came out at the same time,if LotR wasnt made into a film i bet no1 wud have sed that she copied JRR Tolkien,plus LotR is the base for almost all fantasy books

i would i read the books ages before the films, alot of the stuff is her own but aragog, dementors, dobby, voldemort (dark lord, a shadow of fear bodyless)

some woman took jk to court, she stole muggle apparently

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:33 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote