KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Age Group ?

How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
5-9 1 1.64%
10-15 21 34.43%
16-20 22 36.07%
21-25 10 16.39%
26-30 3 4.92%
30 + 4 6.56%
Total: 61 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter Age Group ?
Started by: Wizard Lord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wizard Lord

Harry Potter Age Group ?

Harry Potter seems to be viewed by many people as childish. What do you all think about this? Is Harry Potter only for eight-year olds? Personally, I know many "adults" that enjoy reading the books and even watch the films. The first book may have been aimed at/attracted younger readers but I feel alot of older people, young teens, teenagers and adults, that enjoy a good read have been put off by this. The plots of Goblet of Fire and Order of the Pheonix have been quite complex and feature parts of violence and romance, as if clearly aimed at older readers. So what do you all think? Is the good old Potter boy only to be read/watched by little kids? cool Tell me!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 01:06 PM
Wizard Lord is currently offline Click here to Send Wizard Lord a Private Message Find more posts by Wizard Lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
da_vipa

i think its for all ages BUT u try readin a 766 page book when ur 7 years old, i certainly wouldnt have because it is just too long, i think the books have evolved from being a childs book into a book for any age.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 02:52 PM
da_vipa is currently offline Click here to Send da_vipa a Private Message Find more posts by da_vipa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wizard Lord

That's what I thought too vipa, just a pity people are put off reading any HP books cause they think it's too childish...stupid really! mad

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 03:42 PM
Wizard Lord is currently offline Click here to Send Wizard Lord a Private Message Find more posts by Wizard Lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
da_vipa

bloody pathetic thats wot people who say they are childish might as well not read at all!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 04:04 PM
da_vipa is currently offline Click here to Send da_vipa a Private Message Find more posts by da_vipa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius Black
Bringer Of Peace

Like many things people get an impression of a book by judging it's cover. There is nothing you can do. Afterall who reads about witches and Wizards?... wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 06:12 PM
Sirius Black is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius Black a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard!!! I actually told a woman I babysit for to make her oldest son (who is 8) slow down reading the books! C'mon! You have to admitt that the 3rd book get's soo complicated and is sometimes hard to follow. I remeber when I first read it. I had to go back and re-read some parts (but then again I have a tendancy to think about other things while i read which makes me get..lol.) My sister (10 yrs old) tried to read the 3rd book and flipped out because it was complicated!!!
IT IS DEFINETLY NOT FOR CHILDREN! JEEZ.

Why is it so small?
ttyl byez!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 08:55 PM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaPtaInCLaUdiA
brunette and tanned <3

I agree! THe books are pretty complicated. I think the harry potter books have something for everybody!
~thats me> bunny

she's miss california <3

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 09:08 PM
CaPtaInCLaUdiA is currently offline Click here to Send CaPtaInCLaUdiA a Private Message Find more posts by CaPtaInCLaUdiA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
da_vipa

yeh the FIRST book on the other hand, was for kids definately but she i think she came to the decision to make it for all ages because the 2nd is allot more complicated. Book 4 and 5 id like to see ANY 7 or 8 year old read it any faster then a month or more

Old Post Jun 26th, 2003 09:14 PM
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

Me 2! I don't think 7-10 year olds will get past the third book w/o getting confused.

Why is it so small?
ttyl byez!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 12:21 AM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hpluva14

i think that wut most of yall said tha first was aimed for the yunger peepl but as the series go on they get aimed towards teens and up they are def. not childish

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 02:23 AM
hpluva14 is currently offline Click here to Send hpluva14 a Private Message Find more posts by hpluva14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTonks
Crash's Wife

i read the 3rd and 4th harry potter books when i was like 10 or 11 and got really confused....i reread the third and fourth books this summer and realized that i seemed to have skipped some important parts or something....i think the 1st and 2nd books are ok for 7-10 yr olds but the third, fourth, and fifth are for slightly older people.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 05:43 AM
NTonks is currently offline Click here to Send NTonks a Private Message Find more posts by NTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frootlooplucy
Misunderstood Ant

i think its possible for younger kids t read the later books without getting TOO confused... but theres heaps of subtle stuff that younger kids might not pick up... the books are really complex BUT they dont HAVE to be, they are easy to read as well, and if you dont look really deeply into it they are childrens books, however all ages enjoy them, thats obvious, AND THAT PROVES THAT THEY ARE REALLY REALLY WELL WRITTEN.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 10:15 AM
frootlooplucy is currently offline Click here to Send frootlooplucy a Private Message Find more posts by frootlooplucy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dan_rad_hottie

the books r gr8
and the movies r even better its not childish
i mean all ages love it and the movies seem to be getting better and better each year!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 05:41 AM
dan_rad_hottie is currently offline Click here to Send dan_rad_hottie a Private Message Find more posts by dan_rad_hottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jennyanderson
The Author

My boy friend is 19 years old and he is crazy about Harry Potter, my parents are in their 40's and they are hooked too, my 14 years old brother's a Potterholic, his bedroom is full to the brim with all the Harry Potter merchandise, and believe me, he use to eat the 'Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans' all the time when they first came out, no matter how horrible they were, just to prove his devotion to Harry Potter. Every one I know is a Potterholic, my teachers, cousins, family, friends, you name it. So, Boohoo to those who says that Harry Potter is for the kids only!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 07:02 AM
jennyanderson is currently offline Click here to Send jennyanderson a Private Message Find more posts by jennyanderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Well personally, i put off reading them cos i thought they looked kiddish, until i heard all about the hype. And yeah they turned out great. But thats providing i can visualise the main characters as being teens or around about my age (18) rather than as the little kids they are in the movies. A reason why im not big on the movies, theyre not bad.. dont get me wrong. But yeah, as long as theyre mature in my mind, which by book 5 they are anyway, im happy smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 08:10 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

I think the books are for anybody not just kids. And i started reading them when i was about 9 and i never found them complicated.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:08 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I'M 23 AND I LOVE THEM!

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 11:23 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwerty1

I think some people say Harry Potter is childish because it's intentionally written to be very easy to read. But that doesn't mean it's only for kids! The story and characters are so well written and sufficiently complicated for all ages, in my opinion.

Last edited by qwerty1 on Oct 31st, 2003 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 10:14 PM
qwerty1 is currently offline Click here to Send qwerty1 a Private Message Find more posts by qwerty1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Danistar
Eowyn & Faramir forever!!

These books are for any age!!!!
I'm about 17 and I love them!!!

'Oh you won't need ink.' said professor Umbridge, with the merest suggestion of a laugh in her voice.
EXTRA LESSONS WITH SNAPE -what on earth had he done to deserve this?
Amazing, how much more difficult it was to extend his arm tvelve inches and touch her hand than it was to snatch a speeding Snitch from midair.
There are more qoutes in my profile.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 07:08 AM
Danistar is currently offline Click here to Send Danistar a Private Message Find more posts by Danistar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chic_sxydiva

i think it's for all age coz my sis(21) loves 'em too.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 11:43 AM
chic_sxydiva is currently offline Click here to Send chic_sxydiva a Private Message Find more posts by chic_sxydiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote