KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » books better than films? or films better than books?

books better than films? or films better than books?
Started by: loly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
loly
Cora's psychiatrist

books better than films? or films better than books?

Wat is it with the films? they left out loads!!!!
The books are by far better than the films!!!
reading = better!!!

made by the weird and wonderful crazy_csmile

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 09:39 PM
loly is currently offline Click here to Send loly a Private Message Find more posts by loly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

Oh yeah, definately. We were having this discussion on another thread, and we agreed that nothing compares to your own imagination and creative writing!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 10:14 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTonks
Crash's Wife

The books are WAY better than the films. The movies frustrate me because they leave out so many things and mix stuff up.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2003 11:33 PM
NTonks is currently offline Click here to Send NTonks a Private Message Find more posts by NTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aragorniscool45

i no they r

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 02:37 AM
aragorniscool45 is currently offline Click here to Send aragorniscool45 a Private Message Find more posts by aragorniscool45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

I agree

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 09:31 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anarion
J.

Books.
I agree with you guys. Just like Dreamcatcher, in the movie, Duddits is an alien, which in the book he is not. I don't think they even mentioned what S.S.D.D. means.
Also, in the book, Duddits died of sickness and he used his last powers to transport Henry (I think) to Jonesy's mind warehouse. In the movie, it was because he did a kamikaze on the evil alien.

Last edited by Anarion on Aug 8th, 2003 at 09:51 AM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 09:48 AM
Anarion is currently offline Click here to Send Anarion a Private Message Find more posts by Anarion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frootlooplucy
Misunderstood Ant

i know, i agree!! they left out so much stuff, and changed everything... and in the movies harys eyes were BLUE!!! in the books theyre green, it says that ten bzillion times!! i mean, how hard is it to get green contact lenses? sorry, but that fact irritates me...
anyway, books are better:P

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 10:20 AM
frootlooplucy is currently offline Click here to Send frootlooplucy a Private Message Find more posts by frootlooplucy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tiger lilly
purty flowur

i agree with the books bein better than the films, but the books are so detailed, its very very hard to convey everythin in the films... even so, the films are still great too! and i know we're all nit-pickin at the pics we've seen from PoA, but once we've seen the film, i can guarentee all the harry potter fans will love it.... well... probably.... confused blink confused

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 12:47 PM
tiger lilly is currently offline Click here to Send tiger lilly a Private Message Find more posts by tiger lilly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SiriusBlackRIP

I doubt it. All the children under 10 might love it just like the other two. The Harry Potter books are amazing and although not perfect like the Lord of the Rings books they are thoroughly enjoyable. The Harry Potter movies where absolute rubbish, although Chamber of Secrets was a lot better than Philosopher's Stone.

Happy Dance

'The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. There is a lot of denial in this ride, the ride, in fact, is made up of denial. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.' - the late prophet Bill Hicks.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 01:22 PM
SiriusBlackRIP is currently offline Click here to Send SiriusBlackRIP a Private Message Find more posts by SiriusBlackRIP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

books are way better! I dont see why they detail the movies more i meant the second hp movie was like 2hrs. 20 min. LotR is like 3 hrs. each they could have easily made the hp movies like that.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
Now i must go... ninja vanish!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 03:07 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CptJackSparrow
Pirate Captain

I definitely agree the books are better. They're more in depth....though I think the 5th book could have been better.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:19 PM
CptJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CptJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CptJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

really how? i thought the 5th book was really exciting. but the end i did not like very much...well i mean who died i did not like that.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 04:24 PM
america_boxers is currently offline Click here to Send america_boxers a Private Message Find more posts by america_boxers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlitegrl
lilangel

i thought the 5th book was GREAT!!!!!!!!! (can't wait for the 6th one)

anyway........I agree that the the books are BETTER then the movies>!!!!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance ( don't u luv this dancin bannanas)

GO LANCERS!!!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 05:14 PM
starlitegrl is currently offline Click here to Send starlitegrl a Private Message Find more posts by starlitegrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gogirl633

Tongue hang on

Yes the books maybe a little better but not a whole lot. In the movies you get to see what they were talking about in the book,yes it may leave out some parts but most of them aren't really important if it didn't make it in the movie. Even if they did make it in the movie the movie would be like a day long film, now would you want to be in a movie thearter for a day long? Maybe but maybe some people don't.Well that was just what I think but the books and movies I think are about the same. big grin eek! big grin eek! big grin eek!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 06:02 PM
Gogirl633 is currently offline Click here to Send Gogirl633 a Private Message Find more posts by Gogirl633 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBTonks

i'm just dissapointed that rons brother didn't show up on the dragon to pig up norbert in the film

"I know that your hiding things, Using gentle words to shelter me, Your words were like a dream, But dreams could never fool me. Not that easily"

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 04:48 PM
IBTonks is currently offline Click here to Send IBTonks a Private Message Find more posts by IBTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toms_Chick85
hp luver 4-ever

The books are way better then the movies i think. They leave out WAY to much stuff in the movies. but dont get me wrong, i still like watching them. big grin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 04:53 PM
Toms_Chick85 is currently offline Click here to Send Toms_Chick85 a Private Message Find more posts by Toms_Chick85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
america_boxers

I think that some parts of the movies would be hard to understand if you hadnt read the books.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 05:08 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Well, it’s difficult to bring a book to the screen. Look at all the stuff they cut out from Lord of the Rings, even in the extended versions.
In the HP books there’s a lot about how Harry feels, what he thinks, contemplates and wonders about. It’s a little hard to do that in a movie.
I like both, to be frank. The movies are very true to the spirit and imagination of the books. And the casting is excellent. Daniels eyes ARE blusih-green, depends on the light.

Attachment: hp_biom2_daniel1.jpeg
This has been downloaded 28 time(s).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 01:00 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unibrow
The Bored One

i think movie one was better than book one but book 2 was much better than movie two....they left out too much

Clide: 12?
Mr.G: okay now lets try to get an answer from someone whos not a complete retard
anyone? cmon dont be shy!
Kyle: i think i know the answer mr. garrison
Cartman: meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh
Kyle: shut up fat boy
Cartman: hey! dont call me fat u f***ing jew!
Mr.Garrison: eric did u just say the "f" word?
Cartman: jew?
Kyle: no hes talking about f*** u cant say f*** in school u f***ing fatass
Mr.G: kyle!
Cartman: why the f*** not?!
Mr.G: eric!
Stan:dude u just said f*** again!
Mr.G: stanley!
Kenny:f***
Mr.G: kenny!
Cartman: whats the big deal? it doesnt hurt anybody! f*** f***ity f*** f*** f***
Mr.G: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO SEE THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR?!
Cartman: how would u like to suck my balls?!
Mr.G: WHAT DID YOU SAY?!
Cartman: oh im sorry im sorry actually what i said was *picks up megaphone*
HOW WOULD U LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS MR GARRISON?!
Stan: holy shit dude!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:40 AM
unibrow is currently offline Click here to Send unibrow a Private Message Find more posts by unibrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anarion
J.

In the Order of the Phoenix topic, in my opinion, the book is cleverly written. However, there are certain happenings and details that irk me. For example, Harry's new attitude.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 09:06 AM
Anarion is currently offline Click here to Send Anarion a Private Message Find more posts by Anarion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote