KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Best DVD ever ?

Best DVD ever ?
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Best DVD ever ?

Which has it all ? great movie, great extras, great sound, great vision etc... ?

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 06:04 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

in the moument it's LoTR FOTR Extended edition, November it'l be TTT Extended and in one year it'l be RoTK Extendedsmile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:15 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ivyem
Capt. Jack's girl

Well, it's gonna b Pirates of the Caribbean, i can feel it pirate

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 03:29 AM
ivyem is currently offline Find more posts by ivyem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

The Best DVD ever movie-wise is The Matrix Reloaded, so far(I'm still waiting for Revolutions) but the best extras-wise are the LotR Extended Editions.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 03:07 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punker69

Mine would be The Matrix Reloaded

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:04 PM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furiae

The Extended Editions for LOTR's and anything done by Pixar...they are full and packed...worth the cash if you are a fan

George Carlin

Seán is ainm dom = My name is Seán

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:28 PM
Furiae is currently offline Click here to Send Furiae a Private Message Find more posts by Furiae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Red Dwarf Series 1 & 2 (so far....)

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:20 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Bri
Woman of Rohan

Best DVD ever? Either of the extended LOTR versions!

Last night, while I was in bed looking up at the stars, I was thinking to myself, "where the heck is my ceiling?"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:02 PM
Lady Bri is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Bri a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Bri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

There are so many movies out there that it is hard to judge that but I would probably say that The Matrix Reloaded is the best one out right now.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 02:52 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The 4 disc LOTR's set's are unarguably the best as far as content goes.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back have a whole bunch of special features to it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:46 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Plus the Smeagol Statue rocks. I have him up on my wall next to last year's Argonath bookends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:48 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furiae

When they come out with a Matrix Extended that takes a great movie and adds 40 minutes making a 10 a 12 (on a 1-10 scale) then my Matrix DVD's might find a spot close to the front next to my LOTR Extended Editions...8 disks at almost the same cost as the 2 MAtrix movies full of nothing different than conceptually what is on MOST summer hit films on DVD (i.e. T3, Spiderman, Hulk, SW Ep I and II etc...)

I am a huge fan of both but I don't see how ANYONE can argue that J=Peter Jackson has created DVD's for FANS, 4 FULL disks...
The Matrix DVD's to date are nothing short of the movie and some HBO behind the scene stuff lengthened...no real depth and nothing ESPECIALLY for the fans that have been there from the beginning dedicated and waiting in lines for hours on end. I am not owed this but when LOTR comes through, WOW!!!! The only 2 DVD's I have EVER purchased where I can say I ripped the store off $$$$ wise... Fellowship Extended and Two Towers Extended... DAYS WORTH of DVD content....Reloaded was done that night....

I am still holding out for the box set of the MAtrix movies with deleted or extended scenes or at least the W Bros. talking about what the idea was, how is was made, what their intentions were. A full in depth story from them. Here is a BILLION dollars W Brothers, now give us a little something extra...smile

George Carlin

Seán is ainm dom = My name is Seán

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 05:43 PM
Furiae is currently offline Click here to Send Furiae a Private Message Find more posts by Furiae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

LotR: Both Ext. Editions. No question, no argument, no doubt

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 09:46 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

lotr

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 12:46 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

Well I have to say that TLOTR is the best movie I've ever seen... the extras are spectacular... NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT AND END OF THE DISCUSSION. cool

Although Matrix Reloaded is not so far behind. big grin

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2003 04:43 PM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SmshtPumkn

Some great overlooked titles...

I see a lot of people favoring LOTR and Matrix which are great but anyone check out the Fight Club and Godfather DVD set? Those are AWESOME! Great movies and good bonuses. Also the new Scarface kicks some ass too. Kevin Smith puts lots of interesting extras on his discs too...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 11:44 PM
SmshtPumkn is currently offline Click here to Send SmshtPumkn a Private Message Find more posts by SmshtPumkn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Not as good as LotR

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 04:50 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cycochic

I would have to say LOTR as well, because not many dvd's have three discs of jst extended footage!!! I know as soon as I have sed this loads of people will prove me wrong but o well. Does nobody think that the new extended empire records dvd rocks? rock

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 06:18 PM
cycochic is currently offline Click here to Send cycochic a Private Message Find more posts by cycochic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Okay.......

I loathe Lord of the Rings with a passion.........but own both movies because my wife loves them.......still, I hate the films.

I must say that the extended versions of the two LOTR movies have to be the best dvds ever..........I'm not a fan of the series but the discs are chock full of extras for those of you who are.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 06:41 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote