KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Why do DVD's pause

Why do DVD's pause
Started by: sentinelrv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sentinelrv

Why do DVD's pause

Why do DVD's pause in the middle of certain movies. Both of my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition movies do it, and others. Certain parts in the movies it will stop for 2 seconds and then start again. I really really hate that. I think it disrupts the flow of the movie. Is there anyway I can prevent it from doing that. Is my DVD player just too cheap and I need to go buy an expensive more advanced one?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 02:13 AM
sentinelrv is currently offline Click here to Send sentinelrv a Private Message Find more posts by sentinelrv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

The laser is switching from one layer to another.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 04:18 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sentinelrv

Is there any DVD player that can get around this process?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 04:23 AM
sentinelrv is currently offline Click here to Send sentinelrv a Private Message Find more posts by sentinelrv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Could be the disk. It could be scratched.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:48 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

I agree with Tex. I don't know if there is a way to stop that

Last edited by G.P on Dec 21st, 2003 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:22 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yup, it's the layer as far as I know

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 10:15 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

DVDs are crap. This new technology isn't as great as people make it out to be... I too have the DVD pause problm with my Halloween 6 Producer's Cut.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:26 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

I HATE DVD PAUSE!!! it ruins the entire movie!! especially when it pauses and SKIPS over like 3 minutes... I HATE IT!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:09 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It has to be the DVD player...

Because ours skips on all disks, but when I play the films on the included DVD feature of my PS2 they work perfect.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:13 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

my ps2 sucks at playing dvds.... so i use my xbox and its pretty damn good on that ... but my xbox is usually at my cousins room

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:15 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

The only DVD that pauses in my house is Matrix Reloaded, twice. When Neo talks to the Oracle and when he talks to the Architecht.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:21 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny_rotten

I too hate that "layer change break pause". The people that encode these films are total muppets. I have a DVD where the pause is mid-sentence !! It's totally out of order. There are machines out there that can minimise the affects of layer break change. I am just going to live with it. When blue ray DVD's come out the problem will not be there (i hope)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 02:42 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i don't think i have that problem....but i got a really nice DVD player so would that be a reason? or am i just not noticing the obvious? i think i would realize something like this if i saw it, especially if it's such a problem that you guys are posting about it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 05:44 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote