KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Green Street Hooligans DVD

Green Street Hooligans DVD
Started by: ViolentCalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ViolentCalm

Green Street Hooligans DVD

I was renting movies earlier today and i saw a poster for the movie Green Street Hooligans. Its the one with Elijah Wood who plays a wrongfully expelled Harvard undergrad who moves to London, where he is introduced to the violent underworld of soccer hooliganism. I've been waiting for this movie since last year. It had a REALLY limited U.S. release which really pissed me off evil face

Anyone manage to catch this in theatre's?

Old Post May 29th, 2006 06:12 AM
ViolentCalm is currently offline Click here to Send ViolentCalm a Private Message Find more posts by ViolentCalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina_2006

Not really. Is the movie good?

Old Post May 29th, 2006 06:30 AM
Christina_2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Christina_2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Christina_2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

DVD is out 6/13, BTW.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 08:02 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

crap film...football factory and ID are far better films about the same subject

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 29th, 2006 08:15 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dills

great flick

Old Post May 29th, 2006 10:54 PM
dills is currently offline Click here to Send dills a Private Message Find more posts by dills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

DVD forum.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 03:11 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

good film but i agree with jaden. check out 'football factory' and 'I.D'

(please log in to view the image)

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Last edited by Deano on May 30th, 2006 at 04:14 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2006 04:10 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gshkris7272
Hopeless romantic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Christina_2006
Not really. Is the movie good?

i thought it was pretty good. and it made it all that much better with charlie, and elijah wood.

Old Post May 31st, 2006 07:47 PM
gshkris7272 is currently offline Click here to Send gshkris7272 a Private Message Find more posts by gshkris7272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IdleTwilight

I thought green street was great. Certainly my favorite soccer film. Haven't seen Football Factory but it looks good as well.

I will most likely buy the Green Street Hooligans movie when it comes out on DVD in the US just because it was such a great movie. I really don't buy all that many dvds anymore these days either.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 02:35 AM
IdleTwilight is currently offline Click here to Send IdleTwilight a Private Message Find more posts by IdleTwilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prinny

I agree with Idle, it is a great movie. Hmm... I haven't seen FF or ID either, so I can't really judge, but yeah, I really enjoyed watching Green Street Hooligans. Can't believe the DVD release is tomorrow! About time too, I've been waiting for quite some time for this to come out on DVD.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 02:29 PM
Prinny is currently offline Click here to Send Prinny a Private Message Find more posts by Prinny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I read that "Football Factory" doesn't have the depth that "Green Street Hooligans" does. I loved GSH, personally, and plan on renting the other soon.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 02:52 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

you will enjoy football factory. its more realistic than gsh

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 03:05 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ViolentCalm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IdleTwilight
I thought green street was great. Certainly my favorite soccer film. Haven't seen Football Factory but it looks good as well.

I will most likely buy the Green Street Hooligans movie when it comes out on DVD in the US just because it was such a great movie. I really don't buy all that many dvds anymore these days either.

I recently purchased the Green Street Hooligans DVD and i liked it a lot. I havent seen any other sports films, let alone soccer films, so GSH was very entertaining to me. Im completely hooked to World Cup right now so this movie came out at the perfect time :P

Oh, and Go Italy!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 10:33 PM
ViolentCalm is currently offline Click here to Send ViolentCalm a Private Message Find more posts by ViolentCalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

football factory is a lot better! go rent it

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 07:40 PM
Pervert

Man, I loved this movie. Sadly, I just bought it recently. XD I bought it though, and that's all that matters. Gotta say this is one of my recent favorites, I just can't get enough of this movie. It's probably World Cup fever, ha ha. Ah... Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam really made this movie what it is too... their acting was just superb. Nothing beats watching Elijah Wood throw a few punches.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 01:12 PM
Pervert is currently offline Click here to Send Pervert a Private Message Find more posts by Pervert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IdleTwilight

I just saw football factory and while I think it's a good film the movie Green Street Hooligans has just a much better story to it. I think a problem with modern films is they try to hard to be deep and layered and it just comes off as contrived. Green Street Hooligans has a simple story but a great story similar to classic movies. Thats what I really enjoy about it. BTW have you seen the vmix contest for GSH? If you're a fan of the movie it's something worth checking out.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 06:38 PM
IdleTwilight is currently offline Click here to Send IdleTwilight a Private Message Find more posts by IdleTwilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

It was ok, apart from the Hooligans gangleaders false cockney accent.

It was also too "americanised" ie aspects of it were chnged to appeal to a US public. Very unrealistic from a British point of view.

Plus the story towards the end was daft.

Hooligans is the best hooligan film, so much black humour, brilliant

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 05:09 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockycairns

I bought it the other night it isnt that good ok in parts Geoff Bell steals the show though

Check out

The Firm - 1988 - Brilliant Hooligan Film from the Director of Scum and Made in Britain stars Gary Oldman, Phil Daniels and Steve "Phil Mitchell" McFadden

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 09:19 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote