KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Cloverfield DVD

Cloverfield DVD
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Cloverfield DVD

how is it?

whats in it?

discuss

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:37 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Get the Best Buy DVD.

You get more extra footage.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 10:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

HMV here are doing a lovely steel box edition that looks damaged by the monster as an effect. Not out for months though.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 10:10 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
HMV here are doing a lovely steel box edition that looks damaged by the monster as an effect. Not out for months though.
lame, maybe ill get that.... maybe

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 10:38 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Get the Best Buy DVD.

thanks, was planning on getting that one

what does it look like so i can make sure its the right one

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 10:39 PM
moviebuff1084

I just picked up the DVD today from Best Buy.
It was 15.99 and comes with an exclusive disk called, T. J. Miller Video Diary, havent watched the DVD yet planning on it tonight. Saw it in theaters and its a great movie. The DVD features are

Deleted scenes

Alternate endings

Outtakes

The making of Cloverfield

Featurettes

ommentary by director Matt Reeves and, hidden research into case designate Cloverfield

thats all that i know of, and of course the extra disk if you buy it at Best Buy.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:35 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by moviebuff1084
I just picked up the DVD today from Best Buy.
It was 15.99 and comes with an exclusive disk called, T. J. Miller Video Diary, havent watched the DVD yet planning on it tonight. Saw it in theaters and its a great movie. The DVD features are

Deleted scenes

Alternate endings

Outtakes

The making of Cloverfield

Featurettes

ommentary by director Matt Reeves and, hidden research into case designate Cloverfield

thats all that i know of, and of course the extra disk if you buy it at Best Buy.
got it as well. love it

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:21 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm afraid that if I buy this DVD I'll watch it on my little television and it will kill the magic that was Cloverfield. I don't think even a big screen TV can put you in the atmosphere like the theater did.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:42 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

lolpoor

watch it on the computer that you are using?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:53 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not lame, not at all actually. Looks a very good packaging compared to the other dvd covers I've seen. Or did you mean lame for not coming out for months?

Can see it here:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduc...&sku=687776

is that the same as the best buy one? I heard they are selling this version.

Last edited by MildPossession on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 04:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I'm afraid that if I buy this DVD I'll watch it on my little television and it will kill the magic that was Cloverfield. I don't think even a big screen TV can put you in the atmosphere like the theater did.

I have a 27inchTV and it looks great on it. But your right this movie was amazing in theaters.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:36 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by MildPossession
Not lame, not at all actually. Looks a very good packaging compared to the other dvd covers I've seen. Or did you mean lame for not coming out for months?

Can see it here:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduc...&sku=687776

is that the same as the best buy one? I heard they are selling this version.
i meant lame for it taking that long to come out stick out tongue

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:48 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah good yes, it's June here for us.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:29 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mairuzu
lolpoor

That's even worse... ?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:42 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katepyro
Kate <3 Pyro

Does anyone know when it is coming out in New Zealand?

Pyro + Iceman = Hevan! big grinbig grin

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 10:47 PM
katepyro is currently offline Click here to Send katepyro a Private Message Find more posts by katepyro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can find 22nd of May for Australia, that's the closest to New Zealand that I can find, so I assume it will come out around the same time?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 04:09 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Anybody find the easter egg hidden special features?

I did.

One little spark...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 04:38 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Get the Best Buy DVD.

I bought two copies.

Originally posted by Mairuzu
lolpoor

I have

Originally posted by moviebuff1084
I have a 27inchTV and it looks great on it. But your right this movie was amazing in theaters.

I have a 37" HDTV, Looks great, but twas better most definitely in the theater

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 12th, 2008 01:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Checklist418

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

exactly what I was thinking! This is the reason i went to see it in theaters. I don't really want to buy the DVD then set myself up for disappointment.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 04:56 PM
Checklist418 is currently offline Click here to Send Checklist418 a Private Message Find more posts by Checklist418 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

I went to the pictures to see it and i havnt decided whether or not to buy it. good movie but not sure ill watch it again erm

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 02:37 PM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote