KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Have you stopped buying dvds?

Have you stopped buying dvds?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Have you stopped buying dvds?

With Blu Ray out and prices comming down how many of you have stopped buying dvd's??

I have ! am saving up for Blu ray disks

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 08:52 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I have'nt

not like "everyone" has a blu-ray player and besides i'm not that worried about how good the movie quality is as long as i can watch it thats the main thing and i'm not re-buying every single movie i own.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 09:02 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 09:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I haven't!! and will not stop buying dvds.

Kazenji, you are not missing out on enjoying the film just because you watch dvds over blu ray. If you have a decent television and dvd player, it's not much of a difference to warrant a straight away buy for blu ray imo.

You can even upscale your dvd player with HDMI cables and get it as close to blu ray quality for cheaper smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 11:54 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Nope. I still buy regular DVD.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 11:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

I will never stop buying DVD's because Blu Ray is just a fad and will be gone soon, DVD is not going anywhere.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 01:41 AM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think Blu Ray is an incredible technology but it will never be utilized to it's full capability at a reasonable price. A Blue Ray disc CAN hold nearly double that of a DVD disc but when you can achieve, nearly, Blue Ray quality without owning a Blue Ray player. The only other factor that becomes important is content. The content aspect is where the Blue Ray conquers DvD but with more content comes a higher price tag. So, i don't buy Blue Ray because i see no need. I'm not going to pay an extra $15-$20 for a an extra interview or short documentary but i could be convinced to switch over to Blue Ray if there is enough additional content. An Example; The Blue RAy edition of Close Encounters of the third kind offers the original theatrical cut and an updated cut on one disc. That is something i'm very interested in and i could see a $30 price tag on that product being justified. Even then, however, this is nothing new. We have seen movie's come out on Dvd that offer two separate version of the movie. They are usually split up on two discs though.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 7th, 2008 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I will never stop buying dvds..

Blu-Ray right now is the "in" thing, but someone will create something better soon and bye bye Blu-Ray, all the while dvds will still be here

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 12:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Re: Have you stopped buying dvds?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
With Blu Ray out and prices comming down

I haven't seen this. I saved $8 on Iron Man by buying the 2-disc DVD rather than the Blu-Ray.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 04:28 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Nope.

But I did cutback on my dvd purchases. I buy one or two every 2-3 months. No blu-ray for me. It will take years before I consider buying one.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 04:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skydude033
Sed lex, dura lex

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I have'nt

not like "everyone" has a blu-ray player and besides i'm not that worried about how good the movie quality is as long as i can watch it thats the main thing and i'm not re-buying every single movie i own.

Amen, brother. My thought are that as long as you can tell what the image is, why spend more to have it sharpened a little?

In case, you didn't notice, I'm one of those guys that still prefers my Nintendo 64 to the Xbox 360 wink

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 04:53 PM
Skydude033 is currently offline Click here to Send Skydude033 a Private Message Find more posts by Skydude033 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The HD image looks life like where as dvd is just a clear picture with good sound

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 12:53 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote