KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » What Do You Think Of Special Extended Editions Waste Of Money Or Good Buy ?

What Do You Think Of Special Extended Editions Waste Of Money Or Good Buy ?
Started by: BADGALcharlie26

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Boudecia
Don't mess with me

What Do You Think Of Special Extended Editions Waste Of Money Or Good Buy ?

Personally i love them the first extended i brought was lord of the rings got all of the trilogy to them think they am better than watching a bunch of deleted scenes that most probs should have been in the film, always thought that harry potter series could of benefited with having an extended version.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 06:45 PM
Boudecia is currently offline Click here to Send Boudecia a Private Message Find more posts by Boudecia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I agree the potter films dont do justice to the books . They need to be longer like lotr

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 11:57 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some are a waste of money, the ones that only add a few minutes and get away with calling it an extended edition. But when it adds A LOT, like what you mentioned or say Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut, then it's totally worth it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 04:13 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Some are a waste of money, the ones that only add a few minutes and get away with calling it an extended edition. But when it adds A LOT, like what you mentioned or say Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut, then it's totally worth it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I think the only extended editions I have are the Lord Of The Rings extended boxset, Apocalypse Now and American Gangster.

Other than that I don't think I have any others.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 07:20 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I wouldn't buy a special edition if I already owned the film on DVD, but I often buy 2-disc versions or whatever if I'm buying a film for the first time.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 03:07 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I never buy brand new dvd releases, since double dips and re-releases are ever abundant. I usually wait a year or so and then buy a respectable release with some nice extras, and an extended/director's cut, if available.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 01:16 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

yes i to brought lord of the rings extended edition as well i liked it a lot and they am worth the money if it something that your interested in and yeah its definetly worth the buy ive only ever brought one film that was a directors cut and that was king arthur

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 06:40 PM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote