KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Double-dipping

Double-dipping
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Double-dipping

When you double-dip and buy a special edition, etc. what do you do with your original copy that you bought first?

Like, I have the two-disc editions of both Se7en and Fight Club, but I also have the single-disc ones too, because I bought them first. As of now, I've just kept them around but I'm considering selling them because it is kind of ridiculous to have two copies of the same flick.

Anyway, what do you do with the first copies you bought after double-dipping?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 09:44 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always just buy the special editions/steelbooks/limited editions first anyway(well nowadays you don't really have to wait for different editions, especially if you are a multi region viewer), I never go for one disc editions unless I know for sure it's the only one that is going to be avaliable.

If I do happen to have a one disc, and they suddenly bring something out worth getting for the same film. I just sell the one disc and put that money towards the new edition. But it's rare I double dip anyway.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:56 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha, I had the wrong idea when I clicked this thread, anyhoe...

I don't "double-dip" I mean the closest I come to it is having the movie in DVD and in Blu-Ray, only a few though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 08:48 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I have more than one copy of Reservoir Dogs. I had it as part of a box set with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown that I got as a present, then I got the 15th anniversary edition with the gas can case

Also The Dark Knight. I have the Batmask edition and I got the Blu Ray when I bought a PS3

I have Sin City in just the one disc edition too and I forgot about it and bought the extended uncut steelbook edition, Thats the only time I have 'double dipped'

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 09:11 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Only if the movie's a favorite of mine will I double-dip, or sometimes they get extremely cheap because nobody double-dipped it.

I found the special edition of Hellraiser for like $6 because when it came out, nobody cared. You either had it already or didn't want it at all at this point. The extra interview wasn't worth $15.

Sometimes, different features offered and different cuts of the film make a movie worth owning two copies of it.

Donnie Darko, for example, has two very different cuts. The director's cut is nice for clarity and better explaining of the plot, not to mention the extra disc of features. The original cut is better due to how much it makes you think.

Daredevil, the director's cut was much better than the theatrical cut. But the theatrical cut has all the features. The director's cut only had an interview with the director explaining why he made the changes in the R-rated version.

I've been mostly double-dipping lately since I went to Blu-ray, taking advantage of some deals and get some favorites. I dread the day that I will be tempted to do my first triple dip. That will probably be Underworld (got the original DVD when it came out, then the extended edition, now I want it in hi-def).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 06:20 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie

Daredevil, the director's cut was much better than the theatrical cut. But the theatrical cut has all the features. The director's cut only had an interview with the director explaining why he made the changes in the R-rated version.

The one that we have here has the features from the original on the the director's cut.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I'm such a wanker when it comes to this.

If its a film i really like, I'll get as many editions that are available and just keep them all....next to eachother too.

Its a guilty pleasure i'm not proud of.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 12:16 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote