KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » 3D blu-rays getting harder to purchase

3D blu-rays getting harder to purchase
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

3D blu-rays getting harder to purchase

I know 3D blu-rays and TV's turned out to be more of a niche market that Hollywood wanted, but I'm part of the loyal fandom of them. But as long as they keep pumping out 3D films for the cinemas, they should keep it going for the home video market. So how come 3D versions of Blade Runner 2049 can be bought in Canada, but not in the USA? Why do I have to import a 3D version of Thor: Ragnarok from Amazon.
UK, because it's not being sold in North America? Either give us total availability or stop 3D altogether, both the movies and for home.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 05:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

And now again, I have to import a 3D version of Star Wars: The Last Jedi from the UK. Are 3D blu-rays that much more popular overseas?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 11:26 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Hm.. I hadn't noticed, but perhaps because I've sort of lost interest in them myself.

I have a 3D tv and we watched a few movies in 3D and it's okay, but I became annoyed with the glasses and batteries. It just became more trouble than it was worth.

I'm assuming others feel the same and that's why there isn't as much of a market for it.

I'm waiting for James Cameron to invent 3D without glasses, lol, and then I'll take interest again.. laughing out loud

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:15 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
changeorg

I think more people are starting to lose interest with physical copies of media such as DVD's and 3D blu rays because of the digital platforms available like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc. I guess production, marketing, and logistics cost more than purchasing it especially that there's not a lot of people who collect them anymore.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 05:45 PM
changeorg is currently offline Click here to Send changeorg a Private Message Find more posts by changeorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Buying the 3D version is my big incentive to own a movie, rather than just wait to watch a streaming version of it somewhere.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 09:25 PM
Jmanghan

why would you wanna watch 3D versions of movies?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 13th, 2019 02:02 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote