KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Tobey Maguire or Jake Gyllenhaal

Tobey Maguire or Jake Gyllenhaal
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tobey Maguire 20 68.97%
Jake Gyllenhaal 9 31.03%
Other 0 0%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Lostkhance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lostkhance
Merc with a Mouth

I don't know about other, but I HATED Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-man. He's such a emotionless lump. I mean fine Tobey can do drama, I'll give him that much I guess, but he has no RANGE. Spider-man is a energetic, wise-cracking character. After hearing about the troubles starting Spider-man 2 and dismissal of Tobey and the possible attachment of Jake Gyllenhaal to the picture I was stoked. Alot of people say he's just like Tobey, including looks, but he's shown a wide variety of emotions in his films from Donnie Darko to Bubble Boy . I think he would have been a better chose from the beginning. Also he's Kirsten Dunst's boyfriend so there's obviously chemistry there that would have been on the screen. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Note: I stole the last line from Dennis Miller

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 07:27 PM
Lostkhance is currently offline Click here to Send Lostkhance a Private Message Find more posts by Lostkhance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Nah.. Tobey Maguire is the right Peter Parker...

No more words.

blink

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 07:01 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artgirlphoto

Tobey was the obvious choice....Peter is the boy next door who happens to stumble upon super powers. Maguire's rendition was perfect! I can't wait to see how he's going to do in Spidey 2.
CAN"T WAIT! CAN"T WAIT! CAN"T WAIT!
CAN"T WAIT! bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 01:11 AM
Artgirlphoto is currently offline Click here to Send Artgirlphoto a Private Message Find more posts by Artgirlphoto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

You wanted Spider-Man to be played by the guy from BUBBLE BOY?!?

**SNIKT!!** **TWIST** **SHUKT**

Lousy, stinkin' rookie. Feh.

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 07:34 PM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I like Jake, but Tobey's the one and only Spider-Man, he fits the character perfectly! yes

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 11:46 PM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Ever since watching Donnie Darko, I have always wonderred "what if" he did get the part.

Despite the fact I love the Spidey movies, I'm afraid to say that if Jake played Peter, it would have been even better.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:10 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Now Jake Gyllenhaal looks the part of Peter Parker. Taller and more handsome. Tobey M is too plain looking. However I suppose that's what Raimi wanted so PP wouldn't stand out in a crowd. PP is plain and Spidey is well-known. But this is a movie, who cares really. As long as the movie doesn't suck.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:39 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

gyllenhall is too much of a pretty boy to be peter parker.....maguire played and looked that part more than anybody

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 10:13 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

Appearnce wise, they are both practically the same to me... I mean the only real difference that I notice is their face structure. Miguire's face is more round, while Gyllenhall is more square

Although I have liked more of Gyllenhall's movies, so I guess I'm for him as Peter.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 12:26 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Tobey is a much more superior actor than Jake in my oppinion.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:36 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tobey is better. i like Jake more, but hes not nerdy enough to play Parker.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 02:16 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
Tobey is better. i like Jake more, but hes not nerdy enough to play Parker.

I agree.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:14 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I agree with what thefilmprophet said.

But I do often wonder 'what if Jake played Peter?'

I would feel so sorry for Tobey, not being in one of the greatest and most successful movies of all time.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:10 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I agree with what thefilmprophet said.

But I do often wonder 'what if Jake played Peter?'

I would feel so sorry for Tobey, not being in one of the greatest and most successful movies of all time.

Thanks

I also sometimes wonder what if, but then I realize how wrong he would be for the part.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:04 AM
Robo-Chocobo

hey tobey did a fine job in SM2 so i couldnt care.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:08 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

In Spider-Man 1 AND 2 smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:16 AM
SpyCspider

Ok...a lot of people tend to forget that Peter's nerdish looks started to disappear once he got rid of the glasses, changed his hairstyle, started making wisecracks, built muscles....in general, his appearance changed once he gained more confidence and comfort as Spidey. If you read the comics throughout the years, artists have turned him from a geek to someone who's pretty damn decent looking...think about McFarlane's art in the late 80s and the way Peter looks now. He does NOT look like Tobey Maguire anymore.

I actually think Jake would pull it off quite nicely. His face is more enlongated...kind of a stretched out Tobey Maguire. They have the same timid, sensitive voice when they act. Now we can argue that Peter Parker is still at his geek stage at the time of Spider-man 1 and 2, and hopefully, they will change that in Spidey 3--meaning, less stereotypical nerd, more wisecracks, etc.

Not that it's going to change anything for me if Tobey remains...I prefer the same actor when completing a franchise.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 03:03 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Jake is a far superior actor to Tobey... if I watch spider-man I have to fast forward through any part with tobey for an elongated period of time because he ISN'T the peter parker I'd imagine. The best PP was the one in the late 90's cartoon. He was more generic and less nerdy, which I found to be perfect considering today's culture. Even nerds nowadays would pummel the shit out of a nerd from back in the day, and the current PP strikes me as more of a loser then a nerd.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:11 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Jake is a far superior actor to Tobey

laughing

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:18 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Jake is a far superior actor to Tobey

no he isnt. two words: Bubble Boy sick

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 08:23 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote