KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » MJ Unrealistic?

Unnatural personality?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 5 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJ Unrealistic?
Started by: EinsteinFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EinsteinFan

MJ Unrealistic?

Does anyone else think Mj's personality in the movie is alittle weird? She suppose to be 17-18 but yet shes so serious and soft. Normal teenagers kid around and are just less laid back.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 12:16 AM
EinsteinFan is currently offline Click here to Send EinsteinFan a Private Message Find more posts by EinsteinFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I voted yes only because just like they did in the 90's cartoon show,this movie ALSO betrayed her character.Mj is suppose to be an air headed flake yet they turned her into gwen stacy once again by making her nice and sweet. mad

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:38 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Tongue

All of them are like, yeh i wanna move into the city and stuff its like what? your supposed to be parting, smoking weed, drinking heavily, going into book shops dressed as monkeys and going to heavy metal festivals.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:46 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

^ what the hell???????

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:55 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
All of them are like, yeh i wanna move into the city and stuff its like what? your supposed to be parting, smoking weed, drinking heavily, going into book shops dressed as monkeys and going to heavy metal festivals.

only in ireland smokin'

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:38 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Aku

Thats the kind of character MJ is in the comics and BOTH times in the 90's cartoon AND in this movie,they screwed her character up making her nice and kind and sweet and her character was much much closer to the character of Gwen Stacy than it was MJ.MJ in the comics was nothing like the character we saw in the movie.again they made her character a hell of a lot more like GWEN STACY than MARY JANE another thing that made this movie really suck!!!! mad

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EinsteinFan

Well, I never read the comics or knew of Gwen Stacy. What I meant was MJ has too much of an extreme personality. It's like shes not a regular teenager. Its hard to explain but shes different, shes too angelic and sensitive. This girl needs to have fun.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 02:45 AM
EinsteinFan is currently offline Click here to Send EinsteinFan a Private Message Find more posts by EinsteinFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman Fiend
They call me Undies

yeah, shes a lot more carefree in the comics. i do like the movie, but i wish they wouldnt have chosen MJ to be Peter's big love in it, cause shes just not a serious enough character.

Im not a vegetarian because i love animals, Im a vegetarian because i hate
plants.

I practice Gregism
Lego Spidey PWNZ

Old Post May 11th, 2004 03:05 AM
Spiderman Fiend is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman Fiend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by EinsteinFan
Well, I never read the comics or knew of Gwen Stacy. What I meant was MJ has too much of an extreme personality. It's like shes not a regular teenager. Its hard to explain but shes different, shes too angelic and sensitive. This girl needs to have fun.

Well, for someone who hasn't read the comics you certainly know how MJ SHOULD be like.

In the comics she is a sassy, fun-loving girl. Heck even the people who don't even know the real MJ know what MJ should be like.

MJ is Gwen Stacy. They seem to have made it more simpler that way.

Also, Stan Lee loved MJs character, and wasn't too struck with Gwen. It wasn't his idea to kill Gwen off, but he was glad someone else did it, causing MJ to come into view.

MJ from the movies is like every other Kirsten Dunst character, Ms. Popularity with a heart of gold. How boring. The comic book was more realistic. Peter would never get a girl like MJ from the movies. In the comics it was more believable that Peter achieved the "impossoble" and snagged MJ, because they were both a couple of oddballs lol. It was more fun.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 06:54 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

GUYS GUYS GUYS they turned MJ into gwen to please spider fans ( the old ones rather like gwen then MJ) me too.....stacy was more i love the girl in scene but only mj is strong snough in character to live knowing what peter does..........stacy would have a trauma ,stress and got bulemic

Old Post May 11th, 2004 08:01 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

as in the first movie wasnt sure if there would be a second till it was realesed they had to please greeks and troys (no dam it troy...aquiles is gay)

Old Post May 11th, 2004 08:02 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

she couldnt show she was strong enough.becouse there was no need also

Old Post May 11th, 2004 08:06 PM
Red Superfly

quote:
they turned MJ into gwen to please spider fans

How, exactly, could anybody think that would please a Spider-fan?

That's like saying "They turned Merry into Pippin because it would please Lord Of The Rings fans" - that's just plain wrong dude.

Personally, I didn't really care. This was something that I didn't bat an eyelid at, because I was seeing red over that rediculous Goblin costume (I got a dig in on the Goblin costume in an MJ post - bazing!).

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:05 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

LOL me too i even knew that here

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:32 PM
Spiderman_RJ

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Red Superfly
[B]How, exactly, could anybody think that would please a Spider-fan?

well HOW EXACTLY could a goofy power range mask be more aerondinamic? well must have beens same dude

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:33 PM
Red Superfly

No offense, but it's really hard to make out what you are trying to say.

PLease don't take that offensively because I'm interested in what you have to say.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:49 PM
Spiderman_RJ

what i said here is : most if not all, spider man old fans likes more gwen than mj.just that.
and as they didnt know if the film would be a blockbuster,it could have failed......they invested on a mix of both character so mj would be more related to pete and have more tender of gwen to please those older fans. i also said i didnt even notice this gwen stuff the 4 times i saw the dvd

Old Post May 11th, 2004 10:15 PM