KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » how did spidey make his costume???

how did spidey make his costume???
Started by: biznizman135

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
biznizman135

how did spidey make his costume???

how the hell did he make such a top quality costume? he is just a high school kid!!!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 09:33 AM
biznizman135 is currently offline Click here to Send biznizman135 a Private Message Find more posts by biznizman135 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Yeah. He couldn't have made by himslef. He probably booked it somewhere, that means somebody knows he's the spider-man.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 10:00 AM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

did you seriously start a thread for this? its not that hard to sew you guys!

read the comics. he made it himself.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 02:08 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The Spider-granted him web-weaving abilities right? Maybe the spider granted him special knitting powers too.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 02:19 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

MUAHAHAHAHAH LOL superfly. i love reading ur posts.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:36 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

I never had the chance to read SM comics sad

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 11:22 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

ok for u fanatos. the first peterīs uniform was made by HIS OWN HANDS. and it was a comon clothing, like the one u wear on ur pijamas. (red superfly easir ok. parker knew knitting cos aunt may taugh him to)
then came the alien simbio that parker used for a while. then he got rid off the simbio, that joined brock and turned into venom.
so parker was out of suit (cos he had lost his on the secret wars , or he joined it without one. i dont remember exactly) so h made a comon rubberish uniform that looked like the simbio alien one. but cos of venom mj was scared of his uniform.
in on issue that i love peter goes to west berlim and meets wolverine, peter was as a comun photografer so he didnt brough any uniform. only his gadges. he get into a fantasy store and buys a german spiderman suit, that actually was better then his older one. and that was the one he used till today.--genuine german artifact------the only thing the drawers missed was the "die spinnen" (means spiderman ) on his back. the german uniform removed the web under spider arms (cos at first develpment it was meant to be a glider but , that was never used in any plot and they needed to get rid of it. so this uniform killed 2 rabbits with one single shot.). nowadays the webing came back , but its only to restore the "origin" of the caracter . i dont like them it was better without them. made a cleaner design. that it! hope u undestand my post :P

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 12:16 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Well his costume in the movie rocks so I doubt he could of made it on his own. And if he did then it would have taken him months but it took him like, 2 days. Also he obviously made more then one.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 03:24 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

ok....this is pointless. If we're dealing with a genius-kid who can make webbing, webshooters, spider-tracers, chemical compounds, and other elecctrical devices....I don't think he'd have a problem with sewing. And who knows, maybe he started visiting that tailor guy who makes costumes for many Marvel characters (graphics novel--Amazing Spiderman: Happy Birthday). I just think it should smell pretty bad being in that thing all the time...

Didn't MJ make one or so for him as well later on?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 01:21 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVenomSymbiot
Hostility Restrained

No, Felicia made him a costume out of what the symbiote looked like on him. Also, I find it hard to think that, no matter HOW good of a sewer (heh heh) he might be, he could cover it with plastic lines that fit PERFECTLY over the web pattern. Also, it had like a brick pattern on it if you look really close.

In the comics, it aslo said he experimented with a "store-bought" costume and it didn't work. It didn't fit. The gloves and boots kept seperating from the rest of it.

The ONLY way he could pull off the costume being custom-made without giving away his identity would be to have a network of people pick up each one, have it in a sealed paper bag which gets handed off (go to the tailor's at 2:30 and ask for package 1147, bring it to Grand Central, where someone will be waiting for you, etc.)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 04:06 AM
TheVenomSymbiot is currently offline Click here to Send TheVenomSymbiot a Private Message Find more posts by TheVenomSymbiot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I think biznizman means the costume in the movie, so the webshooters and others things you mentioned wouldn't count.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 06:00 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robby2Slobby

He had it made, but he wore his crap outfit that he wrestled in, when he went to the knitters place, so they didn't know his secret identity.. Problem solved.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 07:29 PM
Robby2Slobby is currently offline Click here to Send Robby2Slobby a Private Message Find more posts by Robby2Slobby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mega vegetrunks

well actually he did it him self and changed his uniform fom wrestling so no one new it was him it took him about two three months and they only reason he became spiderman the super hero was because hi uncle been died.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 07:35 PM
mega vegetrunks is currently offline Click here to Send mega vegetrunks a Private Message Find more posts by mega vegetrunks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigp

Okay, according to the official novel for the Spider-Man 2 movie, at the point in Spider-Man 1 where Peter actually decides to become a hero rather than a wrestler, he got his "official" costume made for him. This quote is taken wholesale from the novel by Peter David:

"He'd gotten it from a costume-maker, actually. On the night he'd trounced pro wrestler "BoneSaw" McGraw one of BoneSaw's victims - The Flying Dutchman - had been so grateful to Peter for taking BoneSaw apart that he'd referred Peter to a tailor who happened to be the Dutchman's brother. "You need anything if you turn pro, we'll take care of you," the groaning Dutchman had assured him as they loaded him into an ambulance.
He'd been as good as his word. When, a week later, Peter - still wearing his identity-obscuring hooded wrestling outfit - had shown up at the tailor's shop with his drawings of the ideal costume, the tailor had set to work and produced two identical outfits, free of charge. One had been hopelessly trashed in Peter's final confrontation with the Goblin, and he was wearing the second.
He wasn't about to explain all that to some guy in an elevator."

So after that is explained to the reader, Spider-man, in costume, claims to the guy in the elevator that he made the costume himself, so I suppose (at least for the movie costumes) you can take either verision, either the wrestling talior version, or the Pete-made-it version (which is far more faithful to the comics.)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:04 PM
bigp is currently offline Click here to Send bigp a Private Message Find more posts by bigp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I thought that was a pretty cool way for him to have gotten the costume. It also added a little bit of humor to the whole thing.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:16 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Just a funny observation while we are talking about Peter being so careful about hiding his identity..........

(referring to the film)

When Peter asks for his money (wearring the crappy outfit) he takes his mask off! He was called Spider-man, and did all the things Spider-man can do in public.

Now considerring how sleazy and how much of a sell-out the conning promoter was - wouldn't he just use the fact he has seen Spiderman (you know, the guy who shows up days or weeks later fighting crime, with the exact same name and super-powers as the wrestler he hired). It was something I never understood about the movie, such a stupid mistake. Even the cops saw his face. Now considerring the same cops were probably chasing him, and then theres the cops who would have seen him at the warehouse - they would put two and two together, and they'd go and find this promoter and find out who he was - putting up an e-fit of Spiderman because about four people got a good look at his face.

All because the moviemakers didn't THINK!

And to stay on topic: Aunt May's sewing techniques + Spider web weaving powers = TAILOR-MAN!

Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood
Can he stitch? Can he thread? He made the duvet for Aunt May's bed
Look out! Here comes the Tailor-Man!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:30 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

the cops didnt saw his face he got away first. they jsut pointed the holo on him

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:13 PM
Kid Kurdy

In case there are people who find this costume-thing amusing or absurd, I don't know what's so funny about Spider-Man making his own costumes ? Ever thought how Batman makes his outfits ? I don't think he will be up all night, needles and pieces of cloth all around. He probably just orders a costume from some expensive tailor, or has his scientific team create something.

Since Spider-Man is, apart from his powers, just a - mostly broke -human , it's very logical he creates his costume all by himself. Who should do it in his place ? His secret identity is supposed to remain a secret, you know...

(I'm talking about the comic Spider-Man, not the movie Spider-Man).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:38 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
the cops didnt saw his face he got away first. they jsut pointed the holo on him

No they didn't NEED to see his face.

HE HAD A BIG SPIDER EMBLEM ON HIS CHEST!

Those cops would say: "Hey we saw a guy in red and blue with a big spider symbol on his chest" and would make a description of him.

The cops that saw him down at the indy wrestling fed would obviously hear about this "suspect" obviously, and say "Hey we saw a guy wearring that same outfit, we saw his face he had brown hair and was late teens"

They'd go to the wrestling fed, where there would be a big investigation -because both the crook that was killed and Peter were seen there.

Couple of weeks, Spiderman shows up catching crooks. Spiderman would be wanted for questioning about a murder and being an accomplice to an armed robbery. They would know Spiderman is white, has brown hair and is a teenager. His friends and family obviously worry about Peter as he is, they'd probably start putting two and two together eventually, especially Harry.

Think about it - all my friends have also said the movie did this too openly. It's really stupid and makes the cops look like a bunch of dipsh*ts.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jun 15th, 2004 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:00 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually the way they explain it in the second movie is that he went to a sewing person or something with his already cheap mask on and he asked the guy to make him one.The guy made him two for free.

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:53 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote