KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » spider man INDIA

spider man INDIA
Started by: random task

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

spider man INDIA

spidey is getting a whole new make over. even under his costume. welcome spider man india. he's real name is pavitr prabhakar. i've been reading some of the other spidey forums and they hate it. i think he looks cool. and i think some americans would hate it just for the simple reason of him not being american. and they should have an american release. after all he started in america...

here's his costume. i think it looks really cool...

Attachment: 1spi1.jpg
This has been downloaded 233 time(s).

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 11:08 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

is this a joke or serious? because if it is serious thats crap!! thats possibly the worst Spider-Man costume ive ever seen!!! God, that's horrid!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:16 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

manofwar come to think of it was made for the indian for them must be cool(not depreciaitng anyone here)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:37 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i'm serious... the company is called gotham comics under licence of marvel comics. google it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:40 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Gotham!? I smell a copyright lawsuit........

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:49 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

its real the spiderfan.org has it there

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 01:55 AM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

I dont think it's a bad idea, It's not like there killing the character.

from www.Spiderfan.org a GREAT fansite if not the best source for Spiderman info on the web. a HELL of a lot better than Marvel.com
anyhow

>>>>>
Gotham Comics and Marvel comics have decided to release an indianized version of Spiderman. In this comic Spiderman is born in Bombay and is given his Spider Abilities by a Tantrik (witch doctor). He has been given a completly new look for this comic. Even the names have been changed.
Peter Paker = Pavitr Prabhakar
Mary Jane = Meera Jain
Uncle Ben = Uncle Bhim
Aunt May = Aunt Maya
Norman Osburn = Nalin Oberoi
>>>>>

See? it's just a Spiderman the people in India can relate too. We still get our genuine Spiderman in all his glory and splender.

the costume dosent look too creative tho....

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 02:03 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

I HATE the idea. Firstly, this is discriminating.If the Indains get to have their own version of Spiderman, every other culture and country should.Secondly, why the hell was this necesary? Spiderman is an INTERNATIONAL icon.So what if he in an American? Everyone else seems to have accepted him just fine. This is like burchering the Spiderman mythology.Spidey is not supposed to be Indian.It just does not fit!
It is not original either so it comes off as a total ripoff and a very cheap one.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 03:45 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

next thing I know they will want a batman india!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 03:45 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

I dont doubt it isnt for the money. I still dont think it's a bad idea. It's not like we will ever have to read those comics here in the state's

kinda like Ultimate Spiderman just a differnt take on the character. and If you think this is a big change check out the new Amazing Fantasy!

YIKES!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 04:24 AM
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Wow them IKndians sure do have a lot of time. And some nerve.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 04:50 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

wow, such strong opinions. mind you, the gotham comics co. is under liscense by marvel... so whatever happens to spiderman, it was okayed by marvel. and to put it in another point of view... not everybody in the world is familiar with a gamma ray or a genetically engineered spider or kryptonite. i think it is a smart move for marvel to green light this project. same concept, same charaters, just different names... names that allow people from a different part of the world to know a character that we've all grown to like.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 10:39 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i think its cool that they have a spider-man in india, and the costume and name have certainly been indianized...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:42 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

here is some new previews, beautiful art if the hole comics will be like this iill order my copy, the green guys is really the GG india version the name i forgot cos its unispeakeble

Attachment: gibi_news_spider_indian_01.jpg
This has been downloaded 171 time(s).

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:56 PM
Spiderman_RJ

here

Attachment: gibi_news_spider_indian_02.jpg
This has been downloaded 168 time(s).

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:57 PM
Spiderman_RJ

green goblin = Rakshasa

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:59 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Hey lets not have a go at indians here (me being one myself).

While the costume looks pretty lame, i dont see too much wrong with the idea. My only concern is that they might ruin it with poor CGI and acting possibly. But not everything has to be based in the US, other countries should feel free to adapt stories into their own environment.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:25 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i say other culd be more creative and come up with their own stuff.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 04:03 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

i say other contries should be more creative and come up with their own stuff.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 04:03 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

ooooppss!!!!!i didn't mean to post it twice!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 04:04 PM