KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Ultimate Spiderman

Ultimate Spiderman
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Ultimate Spiderman

This is a thread totally dedicated to Ultimate Spiderman.
Any discussion about him, quetions, or favorite stuff like villains.
Just anything about Ultimate Spidey

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 06:50 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

I have been collecting Ultimate Spider-Man since issue 1. Same goes for Ultimate X-Men and, when it's released in the UK in some format, I'll do the same for Ultimate Fantastic Four. Ultimate Spider-Man has got to be my favourite, as it shows us what would happen if the original story had been set today. While I do like some of the changes, some of them had spoilt the original story. Take the Venom saga for example. I think it was good that Eddie was Peter's age and that their parents created the suit, but the way Venom appeared was too stupid. Peter had the suit for 1 issue and then got rid of it? Many Spider-Man fans like Venom and the black costume, so why cut it's appearance so short? For me, it would have been good if they'd kept the original story for a few issues, at least up to when Carnage is introduced. Venom was not portraid very good either. He was just some black blob that hated Peter. The new Dr. Octopus has got to be a favourite part for mine; and my favourite villian, The Sandman, looks and acts even better in the Ultimate saga. Kraven was also another villian that had a good story, but the way it ended was poor. Let's hope that his appearance in The Ultimate Six is gonna be better. The Green Goblin is great too, much better that the old one. Electro looks great and The Enforcers are a fav too. The appearance of The X-Men was a downside for me, there was no need for them to be there. Overall, I love Ultimate Spider-Man. Let's hope Mysterio arrives sometime soon, along with Cloak & Dagger and The Vulture.

I do have a small question though. How is Carnage introduced? Is it Eddie instead of Cassidy?

Attachment: usm47.jpg
This has been downloaded 646 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:06 PM
CrazyEyes is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyEyes a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I agree with you CrazyEyes.
As for your Carnage question, i am not sure. the first 2 issues in that story arc are out, but i wait to buy the trade paperbacks. I have only read the first 3 volumes. Tell me more about the Venom saga in this, is it bad? no spoilers plz!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:11 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i think the way they recreate the villians and stories is awesome in the Ultimate spider-man series. my favorite spider-man series out there!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:25 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Well, seeing as many say the Ultimate series is better, it is a shame that the Venom saga was the worse saga ever in any spider-man series to date. I know you don't want any spoilers, but you will be very disapointed if you are venom or black suit Spider-Man fan.

Speaking of the new appearances of villians, how would introudce them? I have a few ideas I'd like to share;

1) The Vulture
Seeing as Aunt May went to see a therapist, she decides to live a more exciting life. When she gets an invatation to her old highschool reunion, she decides to go. There, she meets up with an old friend of her's, Adrian Tooms. While all this is going on, Spider-Man in invesigating the appearance of a new villian, The Vulture.

2) Mysterio
After seeing the new Spider-Man movie (after the events of Hollywood), superhero fan Quentin Beck decides to follow his idol, Spider-Man, and become a hero. Thus, Mysterio is born!

3) Hydro Man
Morris Bench is the new kid at school and falls for Gwen Stacy. During a class trip aboard a aquatic boat, Kong and co. cause a fight with Morris and Gwen falls overboard. Morris dives in after her and rescues her, but he almost drowns. Before he is rescued, he is exposed to a experimental generator that is taken by SHIELD moments before he is rescued. Thus, Hydro Man is board.

Would these do? If not, come up with some ideas of you own.

Attachment: ultimate dr. octopus.gif
This has been downloaded 644 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:27 PM
CrazyEyes is currently offline Click here to Send CrazyEyes a Private Message Find more posts by CrazyEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i think they sound cool, crazyeyes!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:30 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Those are some pretty good ideas! I like the hydroman one the best.
Oh and btw, i am dissapointed now, cuz i was looking forward to reading Volume 6 ( the Venom one) cuz he is one of my favorite villains.
I hope it isn't THAT bad!
I like Doc Ock in this series a lot more, he tentacles shoot stuff, that is awesome, and he is not some fat scientist he is actually kinda buff

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:32 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i thought the venom story arc wasn't bad, i just wish that they had peter keep the symbiote costume longer...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:34 PM
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

CONTAINS SPOILERS

My favourite arc has got to be the first Dr. Octopus one. The best Spider-Man scene I have ever seen is in this comic too. After Dr. Octopus has attack the pier plant and Spider-Man falls through the roof, we see Dr. Octopus with a dead scientist in one of his arms, the entire room is a mess and Spider-Man is crouched on the floor, holding his dislocated shoulder and simply says "Ta da...ouch!" Pure genious.

As for the Venom arc, Spider-Man should have kept it longer, it would have made some of the other encounters better.

Attachment: venom.jpg
This has been downloaded 623 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:38 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

i just finished the Doc Ock graphic novel today, i liked it a lot
Doc Ock is actually cool in this!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:48 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Okay guys, who are your favorite Ult. Spidey villains, and least?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:50 PM
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

I think it's quite comical when Spidey pulls down his pants; punches him and says "Tighty Whities...that explains everything!" I also think it's quite good when he says "Haven't people in limos been punished enough?" "Is this really Madonna's number?" It's full of wise cracks.

Attachment: sandman.gif
This has been downloaded 584 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:51 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

yeah i love all of the smart-ass remarks he makes

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 07:52 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

so who are your favorite villains from this series and your least favorite?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 09:45 PM
mordamor22

ive red evry issue and favorite is=green goblin cuz evrything in that arc was pure genius and great art....least favorite=ummmmm kraven cuz it was short and had a crappy ending.......o ya and hey crazyeyes , carnage is made by dr.curt conners when he runs expirements on peter's blood sample after peter left it when he came to curt for help......thus carnage started gronging into a seperate being......im getting issue 63 tomorrow

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 10:40 PM
mordamor22 is currently offline Click here to Send mordamor22 a Private Message Find more posts by mordamor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I agree with you CrazyEyes.
As for your Carnage question, i am not sure. the first 2 issues in that story arc are out, but i wait to buy the trade paperbacks. I have only read the first 3 volumes. Tell me more about the Venom saga in this, is it bad? no spoilers plz!

I wish I could answer CrazyEyes' question, but I've only read Carnage pt. 1--it's good, and I look forward to reading the second book by the time this weekend is over.

SnakeEyes, for you, I say don't listen to any of the haters out there. Venom's story is VERY good--but expect to be surprised, and be prepared to throw everything you know about symbiotes out the window for this arc. VERY worth the read, and I highly recommend it.
It's an unusual story line with alot of unexpected twists--but it is as well-thought as it was researched, and very thorough. Go get it.

Attachment: venom and moon.jpg
This has been downloaded 571 time(s).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 12:30 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Okay thanks for your input!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 02:02 AM
CrazyEyes
Darkness Cannon

So, in a way, Carnage is actually a mutated version of Spider-Man. Man, he's cooler than the original.

Attachment: ultimate fantastic four #7.jpg
This has been downloaded 550 time(s).

Ah waffels! wooHooo!!
- Hiro

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:38 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Correct, and Crazy Eyes tell me your favorites. and does anyone no what is after the Carnage story arc?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 07:49 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

in the newest issue, number 62 (i think) at the end (dont read this if you dont want to be spoiled!!!) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: carnage kills gwen! he also kills three other people...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 08:04 PM